Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] New Convert to C6 Z06 & Pic Heavy

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:31 PM
Movie Muscle
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Even with a new crate engine, that doesn't mean it has good heads that are going to be trouble free for the next 100,000 miles. Just a heads up.

You mentioned aftermarket heads. I replaced my OE heads with PRC265 heads(not GM castings) that flow better than the stock GM heads. Give a little more horsepower, but not much, with the stock cam, but really help with a hotter cam.

It's been quite awhile since I've looked at a early Z06, but I recall that the factory polished wheels had more shine(higher polish) to them, then the one's on your car.

Yes, I already checked into the current LS7 crates. Still head issues evidently. Also in the Z28 motors so...right before warranty ends : ) Depending on a few things I may or may not go for a nice aftermarket head to add some jam. If so the hot stick goes in : )

The pictures I've seen thus far look about the same. We are also looking at clear coat that is 11/12 years old too. So chance of slight translucence due to UV. They look pretty good in person though.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:34 PM
Movie Muscle
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Beautiful car, and a nice little perk that you've got a fresh motor in that car.

As Joe mentioned though; just because you have a fresh motor, it doesn't mean that history can't repeat itself. Not sure if you have a B2B warranty; but if not, plan accordingly at some point to have the heads addressed if you plan to own/drive this vehicle for many years to come.

Agreed. I looked into the head issue in current crate motors before I bought hoping it was corrected...but no. Crazy, after all these years.

Quick Reply: [Z06] New Convert to C6 Z06 & Pic Heavy