Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Head Unit Swap question 2008 Z06

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 12:21 PM
Black Magix
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Head Unit Swap question 2008 Z06

So I hate not being able to listen to my music or having a bluetooth/USB/Aux port to tune into my music so I'm going to switch the head unit to a nicer one.

This is the one I found.
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_500INE....html?tp=20212

Now crutchfield is a big name brand and they say this fits but I'll lose my XM antenna, (no problem)

I bought the installation kit and thing I'm prepared but how hard is this? This is the first time I'll be swapping radios myself and while I consider myself above average intelligence, I'm a little worried about getting this right.

I work on computers for a living and have modified my cars to add footwell lighting, door sill lighting and what have you so I have no problem tracking down wires but I'm a little worried I'm going to get in over my hea dwith this. Likewise, I'm not sure how the new radio will work with the car, apparently the information that the car sends to the radio or visa versa will remain with the new head unit.

Thanks in advance people!
Old 03-23-2017, 12:29 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

I'm a knuckle dragging mechanic and I got through it OK.... You'll be fine. The hardest thing about it, is getting the g'damn console off. You'll want to get the correct PAC connector kit. I do not recall what part number. I have a build thread in the audio subforum. Actually, there are some very sharp A/V guys there that will help you.
Old 03-23-2017, 01:32 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

Go to the audio section. Plenty of how to's there. Shouldn't be a big deal at all.

Get notified of new replies

To Head Unit Swap question 2008 Z06

Quick Reply: [Z06] Head Unit Swap question 2008 Z06