Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] What kind of Exhaust are you high HP Z's running?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 04:22 PM
GD-Zo6
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default What kind of Exhaust are you high HP Z's running?

Hey Everyone,

So just curious what kind of exhaust you high HP Zo6 guys are running or if you are running straight pipes?

My car is making a little over 800 now on pump gas and doing a few more upgrades and possibly going E85 which will put it into the 900's. My car has long tube header and x-pipe with no cats and the rear mufflers are stock but have the Muffler Mod. As of right now i am using the Lingerfelter LNC 2 step to launch. After using the 2 step a few times the welds inside the muffler crack and i keep getting them rewelded. So i thought about having my exhaust guy just remove the mufflers all together and just run straight pipe?

All advice and opinions are greatly appreciated on what I should be running.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:14 PM
NemeZ
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

Ask Unreal he makes close to 1000+ (I believe) and just recently went from stock mufflers to B&B Fusions. He would be the one to talk to.
Old 03-25-2017, 10:41 AM
Unreal
Team Owner

Received 2,313 Likes on 1,793 Posts

Answered in your other thread about this, but stock is best IMO. If you are going to use a 2 step or something that backfires like that, your probably best off with straight pipes as any muffler isn't going to take that. I surely wouldn't spend big money on any mufflers just to damage them with the 2 step.

B&Bs don't even hold up for normal driving, let alone 2 step usage.

Get notified of new replies

To What kind of Exhaust are you high HP Z's running?

Quick Reply: [Z06] What kind of Exhaust are you high HP Z's running?