Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] My first Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 06:06 AM
Jaby
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks everyone. I'm Sunday driving everyday of the week for the time being. Can't get enough of this car! It's a time machine that takes me back as soon as I hit the start button. Loving it as you all know!
Old 03-25-2017, 06:35 AM
ratomicZ06
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaby
Thanks everyone. I'm Sunday driving everyday of the week for the time being. Can't get enough of this car! It's a time machine that takes me back as soon as I hit the start button. Loving it as you all know!
Yes, congrats!! I just sold my mc bc i enjoy driving this, like i did that.... just go......dont need a destination.
Old 03-25-2017, 06:39 AM
dreskiluv
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

congrats, I have the exact same one and I love it
Old 03-25-2017, 11:07 AM
Jaby
7th Gear

Originally Posted by 0H8Z06
Ouch, I just noticed that.... Looks to be drilled, bolted...
Still a gorgeous Z.... My front LP bracket has the double back tape...
Thanks! I double checked, it's taped Now you have me considering the LP retractor lol.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:14 AM
MickVette
Burning Brakes

Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Thanks! I double checked, it's taped Now you have me considering the LP retractor lol.
When I lived in Texas I had the retractable front plate. I got the manual version. It was great until i scraped the plate on a curb parking in tucked away position. Also, a lot of road debris gets up in there making it want to stick on all the grit. I can't imagine the electric version functioning very long without problems unless you clean and lube it regularly (like every time you drive it). The electric one would be a TON more convenient though!

With that being said, I would buy definitely it again if I ever move to a state requiring a front license plate.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:19 AM
Jaby
7th Gear

Originally Posted by ratomicZ06
Yes, congrats!! I just sold my mc bc i enjoy driving this, like i did that.... just go......dont need a destination.
Thank you!
I can relate to the MC situation. I have been riding Harley Sportsters since before electric starters. I sold my last MC a few years ago and was considering another one...then this happened. Not looking back...much.
Old 03-25-2017, 11:36 AM
Jaby
7th Gear

Originally Posted by CorsoZ06
Awesome, congrats! That's a really nice looking Z. I love the painted wheels on the silver Zs. I am a recent first time Vette owner too (Z06) and I'm almost positive this car was on my short list but I could never get the seller to respond to my (many!) voicemails and emails.

That car was in VA, correct?
Thanks! I like the painted wheels too. More than I thought I would.
This car was bought in Tx. Spent couple of weeks looking, talking, and negotiating with the dealer while one of my vehicles was in for a repair.
Couldn't think of a reason to not go for it so...
The following users liked this post:
CorsoZ06 (03-26-2017)
Old 03-26-2017, 10:25 AM
1bdvet
Team Owner

Received 4,499 Likes on 3,586 Posts
U.S. Air Force
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Beautiful choice, and you and your son will have time to bond together and start living the dream.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:05 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

I too like the painted/polished wheels... Recently picked up a set of OEM Comp Gray Speedlines that I will swap for my Chromes... Not a big fan of the Chrome wheels....

Thanks! I like the painted wheels too. More than I thought I would.
This car was bought in Tx. Spent couple of weeks looking, talking, and negotiating with the dealer while one of my vehicles was in for a repair.
Couldn't think of a reason to not go for it so...
Old 03-26-2017, 12:13 PM
CorsoZ06
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by 0H8Z06
I too like the painted/polished wheels... Recently picked up a set of OEM Comp Gray Speedlines that I will swap for my Chromes... Not a big fan of the Chrome wheels....
Agreed. Love the Comp Gray on the Black/Silver/LMB cars. The painted silver on the Silver cars is meant to be. Polished works with everything. Chrome shouldn't have even been offered.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:11 PM
Jaby
7th Gear

Originally Posted by MTPZ06
Congrats, and welcome to the party! That's called the "old school" M2W switch...I run the same one.
Thank you! lol - No wonder I found the switch. I'm as old school as they come.

Another little easter egg for me! Knew I had an after market shifter, finally had time to check it out. MGW Race Spec installed. No wonder this car shifts like it's begging to haul ***! Nice setup.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:06 PM
Ghost Knight
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks! We have Tx crap laws with cheap dealer solutions... Unfortunately, I can't have everything perfect. But the price was right and I don't notice it as I'm rolling.
I live in Texas and I've never seen a Vette with a front plate. When I got mine last year, it had no plate (from a dealer no less). You won't get pulled over for it.

Now, in my other vehicles (especially imports)...

Quick Reply: [Z06] My first Corvette