Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Loud exhausts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 09:44 AM
htvette
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DanMan35
I just purchased a set of 1 7/8" ARH headers with catted x-pipe.

I want to bolt an exhaust system to it but I want the exhaust to be loud. I understand if I wanted loud I should have gone with a catless x-pipe but I wanted to avoid emissions problems or anything like that so I chose to go with a catted pipe. So with that being said what are the loud exhausts out there that are still good quality?

It seems everyone on here likes Corsas. Are those loud? What about the Borlas? I also understand exhaust should be for performance not "loudness" but I really don't think an exhaust on this car will gain much power...so I'm willing to pay the money for an exhaust just to help with the sound level.
My H/C has Kooks LT and hi-flow cats. I've had Bullets and now Borla Atak. IMO, the Bullets were loud and drone was unbearable (hurts my ear). Borla Atak is also loud but not as loud as Bullets but very little drone. Hope this helps.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:48 AM
jayyyw
Le Mans Master

Received 896 Likes on 685 Posts

Cut-Outs, Borla ATAK, B&B Bullets
Old 03-26-2017, 01:34 PM
DanMan35
Burning Brakes

Received 153 Likes on 74 Posts

Question: I have seen people on here mention Corsa Extreme exhaust but looking online it looks like the Extreme exhaust is not made for the Z06 and only for the base model. Is this true? Is the only Corsa exhaust for the Z06 just the standard sport model?
Old 03-26-2017, 02:42 PM
NemeZ
Pro

Received 84 Likes on 77 Posts

Question: I have seen people on here mention Corsa Extreme exhaust but looking online it looks like the Extreme exhaust is not made for the Z06 and only for the base model. Is this true? Is the only Corsa exhaust for the Z06 just the standard sport model?
Yes Z06 is only Corsa Sport. It's still really loud imo.
Old 03-27-2017, 09:03 AM
Travlee
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 595 Posts

i just recently got the Borla Atak, it is nice and gurgley around 2500 rpm, and screams at the higher range.

**dynatech lth, high flow cats

Last edited by Travlee; 03-27-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 06-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Yarbie
Burning Brakes

Received 391 Likes on 218 Posts

Billy boat fusion is hard to beat...
Old 06-16-2017, 08:50 AM
psp6158
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 228 Likes on 177 Posts

I can't see where you are from since I'm on my phone, the best way to figure out what you want is to hear them. Corvettes at Carlisle would be an example where they have cars on display and doing installs. As others have said, cam etc make a huge difference. I have read many many threads about guys going catless and having the fuel smell. Akra's are loud and have the bi mode, love them but get your wallet out.

Last edited by psp6158; 06-16-2017 at 08:50 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:20 AM
v8sten
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 134 Posts

some mufflers I modded with the 3" mod with the same headers and catted x-pipe. They are loud.

Last edited by v8sten; 06-17-2017 at 03:22 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:59 AM
SSMOKE
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by SocalChvy
I LOVED the sound. Very throaty roar. I got plenty of compliments. I just wish I had an option to quiet them down sometimes.

So I guess the Fusion B&Bs are the best
I love loud, always have. Grew up in Daytona and have rarely missed a Daytona 500. My H/C/I 560 RWHP Z with KOOKS 1 7/8" CATLESS headers is NASCAR loud. If I could not turn it down from NASCAR loud, to still mostly unacceptable loud with Generation 3 BB Fusion EXTREMES it would be a problem. Not for me, but for cops, neighbors, parking garages, the DMV and the public in general. What I am saying is that my Z is so loud (Again, just the way I like it.) it is too loud to honestly be socially acceptable. Being able to go from NASCAR loud to still mostly unaccepatable loud with the Generation 3 BB Fusion EXTREMES is a true necessity. Sound quality? It doesn't get any better with a TORQUER 110. How do I know that? EVERY drive I take, people are mesmerized by the sound.

The smell of fuel? Often times my clothes smell like fuel.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:57 PM
c6z06andy
Heel & Toe

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just purchased a set of 1 7/8" ARH headers with catted x-pipe.

I want to bolt an exhaust system to it but I want the exhaust to be loud. I understand if I wanted loud I should have gone with a catless x-pipe but I wanted to avoid emissions problems or anything like that so I chose to go with a catted pipe. So with that being said what are the loud exhausts out there that are still good quality?

It seems everyone on here likes Corsas. Are those loud? What about the Borlas? I also understand exhaust should be for performance not "loudness" but I really don't think an exhaust on this car will gain much power...so I'm willing to pay the money for an exhaust just to help with the sound level.

I uploaded a couple videos to youtube...I have Dynatech headers, catless, and b&b fusion gen 3 axleback. The first vide is running through a couple gears to get on the highway. The second video is a warm start-up in my garage. I like the sound of the Fusions but it does backfire a bit too much for my tastes.

Last edited by c6z06andy; 06-17-2017 at 01:01 PM. Reason: edited link

Quick Reply: [Z06] Loud exhausts?