Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for a great dealer??? Look here...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,981 Likes on 1,141 Posts

Default Looking for a great dealer??? Look here...

Since the 15s are being ordered thought I would share my 14 experience. My dealer is in Columbus Ohio. He is a large Chevy dealer but does not move a lot of Corvettes. I stumbled onto him last July and got a great discount on a Z51. No one was discounting the car then.

Since then I have referred over a dozen fellow forum members to him from all over the country who bought cars from him. They too benefited from a great deal and he delivered as promised and I have never heard anything negative.

He is not a forum member so I can only give his contact info via PM.

If you are looking to make a good deal shoot me a PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:23 AM
SSTG
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

There are a number of Dealers giving supplier and GMS discounts on Z51's.
It seems it's the forum Dealers that aren't!
Old 06-27-2014, 06:51 PM
frankmp
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts

tell vendor to spend a few cents and become a forum vendor. SO can you please share what "great discount" is/was? I see some fine current forum vendors selling verts at $4K off..... this dealer doing better
Old 06-27-2014, 10:32 PM
SSTG
Le Mans Master

Received 207 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by frankmp
tell vendor to spend a few cents and become a forum vendor. SO can you please share what "great discount" is/was? I see some fine current forum vendors selling verts at $4K off..... this dealer doing better
Those are NON Z51's though correct?
Old 06-30-2014, 08:23 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Originally Posted by frankmp
I don't think its a matter of spending the money but its one more "thing" he has to monitor. He has no intention of focusing on Corvettes like the big boys. When you think of it the big dealers are really just one salesman who has built up a career of clients and repeat business.

Each deal is different. The market constantly changes. Dealers get rebates incentives and are chasing different sales goals to maximize profits and bonuses.

All I can say is I lucked into this dealer last July. Ordered the car from him second week in July, no money down Z51. Frankly had my doubts he could deliver. But October 6th it shows up. Had at the time a significant discount off MSRP. NO ONE that I saw on the forum was getting any discount. And I ordered an AW with AR interior per the wife. When the car came before I made the 2 hour drive I told the dealer if I don't care for it I'm walking. He said why would you ever buy a car you did not love???

He's is a great guy to work with. You deal directly with the New Car Sales manager and he is busy but attentive. It was by far the best experience I have ever had buying a car. So I thought I'd share this option with the forum. As I posted there are over a dozen fellow forum members who I PMed and the rest is history

Prior to the C7 he moved about a dozen cars a year. Last year 30 ish. So he has discounted, made less profit then the big boys but moved more Corvette last year then in prior years.

Ain't no biggie.......it's just a PM to me and a call to him.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:32 AM
cruzr6
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

pm sent. thanks, jeff.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:36 PM
pwj155
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

thanks for the info Greg, I'll give him a call soon. Phil
Old 07-02-2014, 06:53 PM
rexlittle
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi, i am not sure how this pm stuff works, but….. i do know how a discount works. if you do not mind, could i have this dealers info ? email is loosegrip2003 @ yahoo.com. thanks, rex little
Old 07-17-2014, 09:43 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

My dealer friend has his 15 allocations out including the Z51. PM me for his contact info if you want a straight shooter offering a discount!!!!

Rex not sure you sent me a PM..... I answered about a dozen. If still interested click my name to the left and send me a note via the links.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Dealer is still moving them if anyone wants to give him a call to see what he can do for you!

Shoot me a PM and I will get you info ASAP.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:11 PM
aaronfro17
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Listen to Gregg! I ordered through his dealer last Feb sat through one round of constraints and had the car the first week of April (Z51, FAY and C2Z!). Easiest new car transaction I've ever had: no BS, no gimmicks, just business. And I was out of state!
Old 09-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Originally Posted by aaronfro17
Listen to Gregg! I ordered through his dealer last Feb sat through one round of constraints and had the car the first week of April (Z51, FAY and C2Z!). Easiest new car transaction I've ever had: no BS, no gimmicks, just business. And I was out of state!
That was my experience too summer of 14. I never used this dealer he's 2 hours away from me a small Corvette dealer in Columbus Oh. Sells lot of cars but does not focus on Corvettes. He has to compete with the Coughlin 10 minutes away and is moving cars so he must be doing something right.

Another factor for me was I had bought a 13 GS from Couglin in Novemebr 13 and asked to be on the list for the C7 in Februrary of 14. They said sure for $2500??!?!?! What a relationship this reflects how they value an established customer. With the "other" dealer I was not even asked for a deposit.

I ordered AW a color I never saw in person. When the car came in I told him if I saw it and did not love it........ I'm walking..... He said why would I ever expect you to buy a car you did not love????

He may or may not have an allocation since he's not a big guy but sure is sweet to work with someone who is a straight shooter and gives a deal.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for a great dealer??? Look here...

Quick Reply: Looking for a great dealer??? Look here...