Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of giving up my #1 2015 Z06/Z07 spot

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2014, 11:44 AM
Ag02M5
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking of giving up my #1 2015 Z06/Z07 spot

I have the #1 (well #2 after the owner) spot at one of the local dealers.

I am thinking about giving up my spot and using the proceeds to restore my dad's red/white 61 C2 for him.

I am not on the Vette forums much but quite active over on the two Lambo forums and a bit less on the Porsche spots under the same screen name. I will probably be here more often as I research the restoration.

If interested, drop me a PM. Based on the latest communications from the dealer, it sounds like ordering isn't too far away.

Mods, if this is not allowed, apologies and please let me know.

Cheers.

Last edited by Ag02M5; 07-02-2014 at 12:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:29 PM
MrGTC
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ag02M5
I have the #1 (well #2 after the owner) spot at one of the local Houston dealers.

I am thinking about giving up my spot and using the proceeds to restore my dad's red/white 61 C2 for him.

I am not on the Vette forums much but quite active over on the two Lambo forums and a bit less on the Porsche spots under the same screen name. I will probably be here more often as I research the restoration.

If interested, drop me a PM. Based on the latest communications from the dealer, it sounds like ordering isn't too far away.

Cheers.

RT
Hi, do you know if your dealer takes GM employee/supplier/credit union discounts?
Old 06-30-2014, 01:24 PM
Ag02M5
Heel & Toe

I do not know but will drop an email today and find out.

Cheers.
Old 06-30-2014, 10:35 PM
Ag02M5
Heel & Toe

Checked and he said no. GM card earnings should be ok.

I was also told to list a price.

I called several dealers who were at 10k over msrp. I am sure there are are some even higher and the ones that are lower will probably have a car available in a year or so.

So I will throw it out there at $15k obo for #1 spot. If there are no good offers out there, I will just place the order and enjoy it for awhile. My $1000 deposit is also included.

Cheers.

Last edited by Ag02M5; 07-01-2014 at 11:44 AM.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

Yea the C5 Z06s where going for 20K over by some dealers. I will be surprised if this is not the case next year. Curious....... I understand your #2...... is the dealer selling your spot or will he just move down the list to his #3 person?????

If he is blowing off the #3 person for a profit .......man that is poor.

I'm #1 on my dealers list and if I default he just moves down the list. I have no option to give or sell my spot to anyone else.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:31 AM
Ag02M5
Heel & Toe

Dealer said my spot is fully transferrable. I would no longer have a spot at all. #2, who is a friend of mine stays #2.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:42 PM
T_Vert
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow, cf the for profit forum..
Old 07-01-2014, 08:27 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

Just so I understand correctly, you are selling your position at number 1 after the dealer takes the first one, for $ 15000 or OBO. Then the buyer of your spot gets to buy the C7 Z06 at MSRP ?
Old 07-02-2014, 12:07 PM
Ag02M5
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by musclecar6
Just so I understand correctly, you are selling your position at number 1 after the dealer takes the first one, for $ 15000 or OBO. Then the buyer of your spot gets to buy the C7 Z06 at MSRP ?
Yes. MSRP - $1000 deposit already paid.

The more I think about it, the more I want the car though. It is going to be a monster.

Thx.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:49 PM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

More power to you !!! If you can get 15k for your spot, and it is possible, and you help your Dad finish up the '61 that is 2 very good things !!!
Old 07-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Ag02M5
Heel & Toe

It is obo. I'm sure there a few people that don't like it and as a car guy I am a little torn over doing it.

The 61 is in progress. We are looking for a local place to take it for mechanical/safety work right now. Hopefully after sitting for 20+ years in an air conditioned garage, it isn't in too bad of shape.

I really wish I had the time to do the work myself but new baby and work are a priority right now.

Cheers.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Voytek
Team Owner

Received 80 Likes on 29 Posts

any idea of approximate delivery?
Old 07-03-2014, 03:09 PM
ccamp44
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ag02M5
I have the #1 (well #2 after the owner) spot at one of the local dealers.

Cheers.
Interesting thread you've started here sir...
Old 07-03-2014, 10:39 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,017 Likes on 566 Posts

10g for a spot, I don't think so
Old 07-05-2014, 01:33 AM
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 13 Posts

While your spot may be transferable, is it owned by you and can you sell it? If it is a tangible item, are you liable if the spot cannot be redeemed due to constraints or other issues beyond your control? How will you report the income to the IRS and your state department of revenue? Is your spot considered an investment and will be treated as a capitol gain with your deposit being your cost basis? Or are you selling a service and it is earned income? Do you need to collect sales tax on the sale? Are you selling as an LLC or other protected designation or are your personal assets available for a lawsuit for breech of contract, personal distress, or mental anguish for non delivery? Or, does your purchase contract have all this covered? While you asked your dealer if it was transferable did you explain you intend to sell the spot? Inquiring minds would like to know.

While this may be a feeble attempt at humor of this situation and society as a whole, it does shed light on what a distasteful action the OP is attempting and that it could have unintended consequences for all involved.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:26 AM
william wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by 00247
While your spot may be transferable, is it owned by you and can you sell it? If it is a tangible item, are you liable if the spot cannot be redeemed due to constraints or other issues beyond your control? How will you report the income to the IRS and your state department of revenue? Is your spot considered an investment and will be treated as a capitol gain with your deposit being your cost basis? Or are you selling a service and it is earned income? Do you need to collect sales tax on the sale? Are you selling as an LLC or other protected designation or are your personal assets available for a lawsuit for breech of contract, personal distress, or mental anguish for non delivery? Or, does your purchase contract have all this covered? While you asked your dealer if it was transferable did you explain you intend to sell the spot? Inquiring minds would like to know.

While this may be a feeble attempt at humor of this situation and society as a whole, it does shed light on what a distasteful action the OP is attempting and that it could have unintended consequences for all involved.
Let's see him get the dealer to put this in writing???Why would they.....
Old 07-05-2014, 11:20 AM
hope2
Safety Car

Received 358 Likes on 241 Posts

This type of transaction is done. I wonder the logic of a new car dealer allowing himself to be put in this position? He is giving away money, just not what they do. Meanwhile, say you pay the money and the new car dealer changes his mind, then what? sue him? sue the OP? sounds like a mess. something i would not get involved in.

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking of giving up my #1 2015 Z06/Z07 spot

Old 07-05-2014, 11:58 AM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by 00247

You left out the potential for money laundering.

But everything you listed above also occurred to me.

Hard to believe anyone would jump at this, but then again........
Old 07-07-2014, 11:32 AM
harley2
Melting Slicks

Received 1,339 Likes on 590 Posts

Just get on forum dealers list!

A lot of folks will drop out when it actually comes time to order!
Old 07-07-2014, 11:59 PM
Ag02M5
Heel & Toe

Thanks for all of the interest and concern.

I am not looking to screw anyone over or have any unintended consequences to myself or another party.

I'd certainly be willing to put together a contract that protects both parties for cases of the dealer upcharging or other situations where things did not work out.

I am not a CPA, nor have I put significant thought into it. If someone is seriously interested, we can certainly look into how to do it properly for both parties.

Hope everyone had a good holiday weekend.

Worst case here is that I just buy the car, enjoy it and sell it at some point down the road a bit.

Quick Reply: Thinking of giving up my #1 2015 Z06/Z07 spot