Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feeler: 2014 Laguna Blue Z51 3LT w/Brownstone Suede

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 03:00 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Feeler: 2014 Laguna Blue Z51 3LT w/Brownstone Suede

I'm probably going to sell my C7 next month. I'm a bit sad about it, but I'd like to buy a house.

So this is a feeler to see if it's worth selling.

2014 Z51 Coupe
3LT Brownstone Suede
Mag Ride
NPP Exhaust
7-speed Manual
Laguna Blue
Battery protection system
6-year extended GMPP warranty

The purchase was made in Oct of '13. There's 16K miles on it. The car is well kept and cared for, oil changes at proper times, waxed monthly. It turns out that the color and option combination I picked is pretty rare, but I priced it out on GM's website recently and couldn't believe how much the cost has gone up. So this can be a win for someone looking to pick up this car.

I did take the car to an autocross event, and I won't like, I do drive the car like it's meant to be driven. That being said, it's in excellent condition (as a new car should be). I drive the car to work 2-3 times a week, trading off with my electric car on the off days.

I'm looking to get $65K.

Let me know if you have questions.
Attached Images      

Last edited by SCM_Crash; 11-13-2014 at 03:05 AM.
Old 11-13-2014, 03:22 AM
corvette396
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

16k miles... wow I do think you have the record on the forum I can speak from experience, I have the same car.. more options, 4k miles, 7 months old.. I couldn't sell mine for $65k going on 3 months.. With you tracking the car, more miles, tread wear.. you are looking at 57-58-ish on a good day for it to move if you are ready to cut her loose, but as you know... thats just the price we pay, with the new car discounts and the market adjusting because the demand has been met with the C7.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:46 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I'm going to keep it. Worked everything out so that I can buy a house and keep the car.

As for the price, it's really dependent on where you're at. In my area, there aren't really any people selling used C7s with these options. Of the people selling their C7s, a lot of people are *asking* for above $70K. I don't know why. I did price out my car and it was over $80K MSRP.

Meh. I really like my car so I'm glad I don't have to sell it.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:53 AM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by SCM_Crash
Thanks for the feedback. Looks like I'm going to keep it. Worked everything out so that I can buy a house and keep the car.

As for the price, it's really dependent on where you're at. In my area, there aren't really any people selling used C7s with these options. Of the people selling their C7s, a lot of people are *asking* for above $70K. I don't know why. I did price out my car and it was over $80K MSRP.

Meh. I really like my car so I'm glad I don't have to sell it.
Its definitely a strange market right now. I have been looking for a good deal on a used 2014 and really can't find any. I can buy a 2015 for what most people are asking for their 2014 regardless of trim level, but the used prices aren't coming down one iota.

Glad you were able to keep the car and buy the house.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:15 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

Many of the used 2014 with asking prices within just a few thousand of the car's MSRP are people with their feelers out....seeing if they can turn the car over in a year or less and not lose too much or break even. Usually not realistic.

There just may not be a lot of "serious" 2014 sellers right now (Reasonable asking price, open to some negotiation)

There are some serious sellers in this section of the forum though.

Just my theory.

Last edited by RedC7AZ; 11-20-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:31 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Yeah. That's fair. I'm just not anxious to sell my C7.

If I were, I'd probably ask $60. That's about $20K less than what you can get a new one for.

Get notified of new replies

To Feeler: 2014 Laguna Blue Z51 3LT w/Brownstone Suede

Quick Reply: Feeler: 2014 Laguna Blue Z51 3LT w/Brownstone Suede