Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is a fair price for this car?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2015, 12:54 PM
Suns_PSD
Le Mans Master

Received 408 Likes on 301 Posts

I think 20-30% off when you leave the showroom floor is pretty standard depreciation in the auto business for a retail sale, more ifsold wholesale. I mean it's not a new car, it's probably 1 year old, it's lost warranty, it's usually not your exact chosen options, financing is more difficult, no dealer support, often you have have to spend $2K and miss work to go get the thing, the tires, oils, paint, batteries are somewhat used up. Why would anyone pay new MSRP for that but yet people do everyday.

I just speced a 2015 Z51 2LT exactly as I'd want it; Competition seats, Mag ride, red calipers, black wheels, CF roof, etc... and my employee pricing, which most anyone can get is $62,933.

Yet here I dig around and I see similiarly equipped 2014s for that price and more! Oh and I need $2K to go get the darn things!

Vettes are not only amazing cars from a performance perspective but they may be the only non-limited production new car that have so little depreciation. Heck 7-8 year old ones are commonly listed for $40K plus, what is that 2% depreciation per year! Seriously.

Unfortunately a brand new one is just about 25% more than I'm willing to part with at this point in my life so my search for a good used one continues. The great thing about Vettes is that there are a rather large number of good ones to choose from even 4-7 years after they were sold so someday I'll be order to buy that C7 I always wanted for $40K.
Old 04-10-2015, 04:10 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

I had been looking at cargaru and was quite surprised that corvettes 4-5 years old are selling
At A a high price.I'm not sure what to make of it.

Quick Reply: What is a fair price for this car?