Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this the best deal I can get for a Z51 Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2015, 01:21 AM
smilence
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default [Update]Just purchased the Z51 2LT

I live in Bay Area, and the corvette dealers just suck.Every dealer I met is selling C7 at MSRP, and they don't have the exact model I want either.

I'm looking at Z51, automatic transmission, crystal red/laguna blue, MSRC, 1LT/2LT.

And then I found this forum, and I did some research, here's what I got:

1.Just apply for the membership of a credit union, and I can get the price lower to invoice + $200

2.Get a GM card from a forum member, then would probably save $1000 to $1500

3. Buy the car from a large dealer, they normally get some good discount, so it would be about the same as 1

The following is some info I collected.
https://quip.com/buk7A4bWiebw

Last edited by smilence; 04-01-2015 at 05:42 PM.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:07 AM
KOTYKB
Burning Brakes

Received 408 Likes on 183 Posts

I live in SF and am interested in how this turns out, subscribed!
Old 03-27-2015, 01:28 PM
musclecar6
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 104 Posts

Check out MacMaulkin in New Hampshire. Number 2 corvette dealer in the nation, a big forum dealer and they have great prices on stingrays ( 10 and 11 percent off MSRP). You can fly in and drive one home or have them ship one to you and it will still be tons cheaper than those thieves in Calif.
Old 03-27-2015, 04:56 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Don't forget Kerbeck.Good prices.museum del.Save on transporting
Old 03-29-2015, 11:37 AM
60corvetteC1
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Current Z51 pricing

Originally Posted by smilence
I live in Bay Area, and the corvette dealers just suck.Every dealer I met is selling C7 at MSRP, and they don't have the exact model I want either.

I'm looking at Z51, automatic transmission, crystal red/laguna blue, MSRC, 1LT/2LT.

And then I found this forum, and I did some research, here's what I got:

1.Just apply for the membership of a credit union, and I can get the price lower to invoice + $200

2.Get a GM card from a forum member, then would probably save $1000 to $1500

3. Buy the car from a large dealer, they normally get some good discount, so it would be about the same as 1

The following is some info I collected.
https://quip.com/buk7A4bWiebw
I just purchased a loaded Z51 for invoice with constrained items. Full MSRP is over. A few are holding out and they will have dead inventory when the 16's are out. They are hoping their buyer will walk in and buy on impulse, not very practical since everyone has access to the internet and sites like Autotrader. I just saw a dealer in Clarksville, TN is advertising $10,000 off "Retail Price". Watch out, their retail is $5,000 over MSRP, so still not at dealer invoice. It is not difficult to buy out of your area, wire the funds and either drive it home or have it trucked for $500 -$800, well worth saving almost 10%. All dealers get the same pricing, big or small but they have sales goals and do receive larger rebates if they hit their monthly threshold with Chevy. The advantage with a large dealer is if you are ordering, they can get the constrained items accepted over a dealer with limited allocations.
Old 03-29-2015, 11:54 AM
thrilled
Safety Car

I know small dealers that sell new corvettes,they can't or won't give the discounts that A
Large discount dealer will give.I would have lost $5,000 if my local dealer would have had an allocation.He couldn't order me so I went to A large dealer and got $5,000 off.
Old 03-29-2015, 06:57 PM
smilence
Instructor

Mind I ask which state you are in? CA dealers just suck, and they are so small compared to the large ones out of state.

I'm planning to buy from Kerbeck, NJ. It seems the emission is not a problem as it has 50-state cert, so the only blocker right now might be my lender came to agreement with a dealer out of state. My credit score is just fair so I hope I could get loan approval from dealer as well then that will no longer be an issue.

Originally Posted by 60corvetteC1
I just purchased a loaded Z51 for invoice with constrained items. Full MSRP is over. A few are holding out and they will have dead inventory when the 16's are out. They are hoping their buyer will walk in and buy on impulse, not very practical since everyone has access to the internet and sites like Autotrader. I just saw a dealer in Clarksville, TN is advertising $10,000 off "Retail Price". Watch out, their retail is $5,000 over MSRP, so still not at dealer invoice. It is not difficult to buy out of your area, wire the funds and either drive it home or have it trucked for $500 -$800, well worth saving almost 10%. All dealers get the same pricing, big or small but they have sales goals and do receive larger rebates if they hit their monthly threshold with Chevy. The advantage with a large dealer is if you are ordering, they can get the constrained items accepted over a dealer with limited allocations.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:30 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Mind I ask which state you are in? CA dealers just suck, and they are so small compared to the large ones out of state.

I'm planning to buy from Kerbeck, NJ. It seems the emission is not a problem as it has 50-state cert, so the only blocker right now might be my lender came to agreement with a dealer out of state. My credit score is just fair so I hope I could get loan approval from dealer as well then that will no longer be an issue.
Kerbeck was dealing with Chase when it came to getting loans.Not sure
If they are still going that route.
Old 03-29-2015, 07:42 PM
smilence
Instructor

From the application I submitted, they are dealing with Ally, which is the GM partner I suppose.

Originally Posted by thrilled
Kerbeck was dealing with Chase when it came to getting loans.Not sure
If they are still going that route.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:36 PM
JoePrefect
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a 2015 Z51 Convertible out of state from Kerbeck for several thousand under MSRP. I was very happy with the service I got from the dealer and the sales rep Amoni.

I highly recommend them.
http://kerbeck.com/
Old 03-30-2015, 08:35 PM
smilence
Instructor

Thanks for the advice, I've been actively contacting Kerbeck, they are really helpful.But maybe due to high volume of customers, I don't get updates/replies quite often.

Originally Posted by JoePrefect
I bought a 2015 Z51 Convertible out of state from Kerbeck for several thousand under MSRP. I was very happy with the service I got from the dealer and the sales rep Amoni.

I highly recommend them.
http://kerbeck.com/
Old 03-30-2015, 11:09 PM
60corvetteC1
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If your bank approved the loan, the approval should be good for any auto with the same price. I bought my Z51 in New York. There are dealers all over the net discounting. Most replied close to invoice when I looked for price quotes

Last edited by 60corvetteC1; 03-30-2015 at 11:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:50 PM
JoePrefect
8th Gear

Thanks for the advice, I've been actively contacting Kerbeck, they are really helpful.But maybe due to high volume of customers, I don't get updates/replies quite often.
Yeah, I did have to ping Amoni more than I liked. But he always replied quickly. And I think he had done this so many times, it took for granted how much the customer (me) might know about making an out of state purchase. Which was nothing since this was my first. But despite this, in the end I was very happy with him and Kerbeck.
Old 03-30-2015, 11:59 PM
mdiiulio
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by musclecar6
Check out MacMaulkin in New Hampshire. Number 2 corvette dealer in the nation, a big forum dealer and they have great prices on stingrays ( 10 and 11 percent off MSRP). You can fly in and drive one home or have them ship one to you and it will still be tons cheaper than those thieves in Calif.
Did that on a special order with Credit Union Discount to go with it. It went as smooth as silk on a compressed schedule as well.

P.S. I live in LA, it was a fun drive.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:44 PM
smilence
Instructor

Just closed the deal with Kerbeck and applied 3000 GM points.Although the loan application is a bit painful, the final transaction is very smooth.They are very nice people and offer good price.They would take care of the shipping, registration and all other paperwork, so it's even more convenient than walk-in the local dealer, esp considering they don't have the model I want, and they suck on price.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:48 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Just closed the deal with Kerbeck and applied 3000 GM points.Although the loan application is a bit painful, the final transaction is very smooth.They are very nice people and offer good price.They would take care of the shipping, registration and all other paperwork, so it's even more convenient than walk-in the local dealer, esp considering they don't have the model I want, and they suck on price.
I have to agree with you 100%.
Old 04-03-2015, 04:20 PM
glennsmooth
Heel & Toe

Hey, how would I go about getting this "GM CARD" from another member? Thanks for any info.
Old 04-03-2015, 06:33 PM
smilence
Instructor

Originally Posted by glennsmooth
Hey, how would I go about getting this "GM CARD" from another member? Thanks for any info.
There are many members selling GM points in this section at half or higher price.Many dealers accept them as 1:1, so 3000 GM points = $3000 for dealer and you save money.

You need to confirm with the seller of the points at least 24hrs before you close the deal with dealer, so they can add you as authorized user of the card, and then when you close the deal.Let the seller redeem those points for that purchase at dealer, it can be done remotely with some info from him, like card number, name etc.After all these done, I guess they would remove you from the card, so it's just like you temporarily used someone else's credit card, and applied some points to your own purchase.

You need to confirm with your dealer if they accept GM points and what's the max beforehand, for my dealer is 3000.

Get notified of new replies

To Is this the best deal I can get for a Z51 Corvette?

Quick Reply: Is this the best deal I can get for a Z51 Corvette?