Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selling my GM card points

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Received 115 Likes on 58 Posts

Default Selling my GM card points

I have 3000 selling for $2000. I know some want a 50/50 split but I put in all the effort to earn them. Plus I am taking the hit if I was to decide to by a new GM car down the road so I feel the asking price is fair. I recently sold my son's points on this form and all went well so buy with confidence. payment will be by PayPal as a gift. This avoids the fees.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:47 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

I am open to other payment methods if you have enough lead time. Most of these deals happened rather quickly so the funds need to clear that's why PayPal seems to work best.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:59 PM
that675guy
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Monterey C6
I am open to other payment methods if you have enough lead time. Most of these deals happened rather quickly so the funds need to clear that's why PayPal seems to work best.
can you explain to me how this would work? What if I dont have a GM card?
Old 04-26-2015, 05:22 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by that675guy
can you explain to me how this would work? What if I dont have a GM card?
You do not need a card. I add you to my card as an authorized user. You give me the name of your dealer and your salesman when you are ready to buy and I call them and give them the needed information to apply the $3000 discount to your car. All of that after you have paid first of course and that's all there is to it very simple and you get a free thousand dollars. There is no catch it is done on this forum all the time.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:53 PM
that675guy
Cruising

You do not need a card. I add you to my card as an authorized user. You give me the name of your dealer and your salesman when you are ready to buy and I call them and give them the needed information to apply the $3000 discount to your car. All of that after you have paid first of course and that's all there is to it very simple and you get a free thousand dollars. There is no catch it is done on this forum all the time.
Im game 100% let me just make sure my dealertrade gets okayed, once it does and verified then you and I ARE GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

im all about a free $1000
Old 04-26-2015, 10:16 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Sounds good! You can PM me. I did forget to mention that the point are not good combined with GM employee or supplier discounts. I will need to know in advance of you closing the deal because it takes 24 hrs to add you to the card.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:18 PM
that675guy
Cruising

Sounds good! You can PM me. I did forget to mention that the point are not good combined with GM employee or supplier discounts. I will need to know in advance of you closing the deal because it takes 24 hrs to add you to the card.
Not a GM employee, just work for a dealer group
Old 04-27-2015, 02:28 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

In fairness to everyone these points are for sale until I get a firm commentment to buy from someone.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Bump. Still available
Old 05-02-2015, 02:15 PM
Gregzilla
6th Gear

Bump. Still available

Sent a few PM's with my contact info.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:38 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

pm answer points still available.
Old 05-02-2015, 09:35 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by that675guy
Not a GM employee, just work for a dealer group
You should be able to get 12% off a new Vette, Just not a Z06 That is what I am going to due in the next couple of months.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:07 PM
Runner100
Heel & Toe

Let's see if I've got this right. The buyer of the points pays the seller of the points, and then the seller is supposed to call the buyer's dealer. What assurance does the buyer have that the seller will indeed make the call? Best case scenario is that everything happens as agreed. What if the seller doesn't make the call? The buyer is out the price of the points.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:39 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

These points have been sold on this site for a long time and no one has yet come forward and said they were ripped off. I just sold points for my son on here you can look up the post. The seller was quite happy. He did not get cheated. I suppose if anyone cheated a buyer they would be shamed off of this site for starters. You may look and noticed that I've been on this site for several years. you could also do a search for GM points and find a large number of threads where people have sold these points. Bottom line I guess it just boils down to trust and I understand doing things over the Internet there have always been those who want to cheat others. I would hope as a community of Corvette owners that we would all be in the financial position Where we did not have to resorted to internet scams. Hope that helps. I suppose if one had enough lead time you could send a certified check and wait two weeks for that to clear then he has some proof if he got cheated.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:52 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

This thread has become somewhat amusing for me. At this point I don't care if I sell the points or not on a matter of principle. Points always sold for 2000 and people were happy they got $1000 for nothing. Now all the sudden everyone feels like they must get them for 1500 or somehow they are being cheated. You would not believe some of the emails I have received by people who actually think I'm trying to do something to them because I won't sell them for 1500 dollars. What we have is welfare in the Corvette community. People get used to getting something for nothing and the next thing you know they feel they're being cheated if somehow they don't begin to get more of something for nothing. Lol I'm loving this. Oh I forgot the guy that thought I should sell my 3000 points to him for $1000.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:14 PM
titletaker
Melting Slicks

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This thread has become somewhat amusing for me. At this point I don't care if I sell the points or not on a matter of principle. Points always sold for 2000 and people were happy they got $1000 for nothing. Now all the sudden everyone feels like they must get them for 1500 or somehow they are being cheated. You would not believe some of the emails I have received by people who actually think I'm trying to do something to them because I won't sell them for 1500 dollars. What we have is welfare in the Corvette community. People get used to getting something for nothing and the next thing you know they feel they're being cheated if somehow they don't begin to get more of something for nothing. Lol I'm loving this. Oh I forgot the guy that thought I should sell my 3000 points to him for $1000.
I disagree. The current market value in a majority of the threads on this site is 50% return, which is an equal win for both parties. The market will determine if your price is fair or not. You can ask whatever you like for your points.
Old 05-04-2015, 07:16 PM
NYROBZ06
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Runner100
Let's see if I've got this right. The buyer of the points pays the seller of the points, and then the seller is supposed to call the buyer's dealer. What assurance does the buyer have that the seller will indeed make the call? Best case scenario is that everything happens as agreed. What if the seller doesn't make the call? The buyer is out the price of the points.
I can vouch for Monterey. I bought GM Points that he had listed for his son. I paid via PayPal, and I gifted it, and Monterey was great and easy to deal with. As soon as he received payment, he texted me to let me know he had in fact received it. And, when it was time to call the dealer, he wasn't able to get in touch with the finance guy or sales person and again contacted me, I was then able to get a hold of the sales person who was able to get the GM Points from Monterey. Monterey is a stand up guy whom I'd do
business with again, in fact, my brother in law might be buying a Vette, and if he does and these points are still available then we will purchase them for sure.

Get notified of new replies

To Selling my GM card points

Old 05-04-2015, 08:05 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by NYROBZ06
I can vouch for Monterey. I bought GM Points that he had listed for his son. I paid via PayPal, and I gifted it, and Monterey was great and easy to deal with. As soon as he received payment, he texted me to let me know he had in fact received it. And, when it was time to call the dealer, he wasn't able to get in touch with the finance guy or sales person and again contacted me, I was then able to get a hold of the sales person who was able to get the GM Points from Monterey. Monterey is a stand up guy whom I'd do
business with again, in fact, my brother in law might be buying a Vette, and if he does and these points are still available then we will purchase them for sure.
Thank you very much Rob I do appreciate that.
Old 05-04-2015, 08:18 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by titletaker
I disagree. The current market value in a majority of the threads on this site is 50% return, which is an equal win for both parties. The market will determine if your price is fair or not. You can ask whatever you like for your points.
I think you are somewhat missing my point. I am talking about the ones who have implied by email that somehow I was not being fair to them by asking 2000. I don't owe anyone anything it's the mindset that someone else is owed what they want and think that you should be obligated to give it to them.
The rest of it is a matter of personal opinion. Somehow I think giving someone a 50 50 split gives them more than a fair deal. That's just my opinion. But the reason I feel that way is that I spent several years earning these points and I am giving up the right to use them. What is the buyer giving up ? Nothing he's gaining everything therefore I think the guy who invested most and gives up the most should be entitled to the higher side of the return. If a business sold everything for exactly what they paid for it just to be a 50-50 split with the buyer I guess people wouldn't be in business long would they? some folks have politely offered to purchase my points for $1500 and I politely refused and there's nothing wrong with that on either side. It's quite acceptable for someone to make an offer. Please understand those aren't the folks I'm talking about.
Old 05-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Monterey C6
Melting Slicks

Points are sold. Thanks that675guy. Enjoy your new Corvette.

Quick Reply: Selling my GM card points