Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 TR Stingray Z51 MSRC 7spd

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 01:24 PM
arlvette
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a legal down payment on this car. You need to send me back my money since you are trying to sell this car to someone else.
Old 07-31-2015, 02:41 PM
Grozny
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by arlvette
I have a legal down payment on this car. You need to send me back my money since you are trying to sell this car to someone else.
You gave me a non-refundable deposit and then walked away from the deal. I sent you numerous text messages yesterday that went unanswered that simply asked if you were coming to get this car. You never replied. I called you three times and you never answered. You told me to relist the car Wednesday after I called you upon noticing the following post:
Old 07-31-2015, 02:48 PM
Grozny
Advanced

And for curious minds, the deposit was sent on 7-28.
Old 07-31-2015, 07:19 PM
Grozny
Advanced

Originally Posted by Grozny
And for curious minds, the deposit was sent on 7-28.
That is when I received the deposit.

Originally Posted by 6GenVettes
Well no one can ask for more than that. In my view this seller has acted in good faith in light of some disagreement and has indicated deposit is already enroute to the member that wrote the deposit.

Sometimes transactions run into issues or misunderstanding. I would not hesitate to do business with this seller.
I never sent anything back. He's more than welcome to come get the car though.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:36 PM
arlvette
Drifting

That is when I received the deposit.

I never sent anything back. He's more than welcome to come get the car though.

Still waiting for my money
Old 07-31-2015, 11:16 PM
Grozny
Advanced

My error. I took this ^ ^ ^ to mean U sent the deposit back.

I'd send it back PRIORITY. But that's just me.
You've told me that through a pm and now on here. You've also sent me a host of other pm's too. From to take my car to CarMax, to what's a sabbatical, to you offering me $50,000 on the car, to advising me on pricing of my car. Bottom line- what you would do, is just that, you're not me. You conduct your business and I will conduct mine. Last I checked, you do not have a horse in this race. I've been on various forums and never have I had someone act like a moderator like this before. I'm sure your intentions are well placed, but it's rather unusual.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:18 PM
Grozny
Advanced

Still waiting for my money
Still waiting on mine too.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:20 PM
KratosBear
Pro

Received 229 Likes on 133 Posts

Just curious, why would you send the deposit back? If the buyer walked away from the deal? It sucks for both parties.... I understand. At the end of the day, I would return his deposit as well but that is just me. Anyway, gl to both parties and nice vett btw!
Old 08-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Grozny
Advanced

Originally Posted by KratosBear
Just curious, why would you send the deposit back? If the buyer walked away from the deal? It sucks for both parties.... I understand. At the end of the day, I would return his deposit as well but that is just me. Anyway, gl to both parties and nice vett btw!

To any prospective buyers, the transaction can be completed through ebay and you'll be protected for $50,000, and it specifically mentions you'd be covered should you not receive a title. Also, to arlvette if you're more comfortable that way let me know. I feel that would definitely mitigate any perceived risk you might feel exists.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:19 PM
arlvette
Drifting

Anyone following this thread can see I'm the second person for which the deal went bad. The OP became extremely difficult to reason with AFTER he received my down payment. I wanted him to sign a notarized document stating that he would sign over the physical title to me when he received it from the credit union, but he refused. Moreover, he wanted me to pay him IN CASH and I refused. I don't do business that way. I offered a certified Wells Fargo bank check, but that was not good enough. 6GenVettes purports to be an LEO. I ask you what kind of people deal in large sums of cash? I never have and never will. It seemed to me that the OP was doing everything he could to reduce any kind of paper trail. Anyone who chooses to do business with the OP does it at their own peril.

I'm still waiting the return of my down payment as the OP is still advertising the car is for sale
Old 08-01-2015, 11:45 PM
Grozny
Advanced

Anyone following this thread can see I'm the second person for which the deal went bad. The OP became extremely difficult to reason with AFTER he received my down payment. I wanted him to sign a notarized document stating that he would sign over the physical title to me when he received it from the credit union, but he refused. Moreover, he wanted me to pay him IN CASH and I refused. I don't do business that way. I offered a certified Wells Fargo bank check, but that was not good enough. 6GenVettes purports to be an LEO. I ask you what kind of people deal in large sums of cash? I never have and never will. It seemed to me that the OP was doing everything he could to reduce any kind of paper trail. Anyone who chooses to do business with the OP does it at their own peril.

I'm still waiting the return of my down payment as the OP is still advertising the car is for sale
No need for a long rebuttal as the pictures will prove you're a complete liar.
The following conversation happened on Thursday the 30th AFTER the deposit was sent on Tuesday 7/28.

Old 08-02-2015, 08:22 AM
arlvette
Drifting

No need for a long rebuttal as the pictures will prove you're a complete liar.
The following conversation happened on Thursday the 30th AFTER the deposit was sent on Tuesday 7/28.

You were very selective in your recording of me. See, people this is what you'll get if you deal with this underhanded, conniving thief. Really seems like you had this all planned out from the start
Old 08-02-2015, 09:56 AM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

In the old days, you advertised your car in the newspaper classified section, and if anyone had a personal gripe (legitimate or not) with the seller, or the asking price, it was no one else's business. The ONLY purpose of the SELLER'S car Ad was to HELP the SELLER sell their car.

Somewhere along the line in today's electronic world some buyers lost track of the only purpose of a car Ad.
Old 08-05-2015, 12:01 PM
bbrown450
Melting Slicks

Received 502 Likes on 347 Posts

Something more is going on here on the buyers end as it seems his only concern was easily resolved by some of the options given buy the seller. At some point buyer got cold feet...what an amazing car guys get the deal done and get on with life
Old 08-05-2015, 12:31 PM
Grozny
Advanced

Originally Posted by bbrown450
Something more is going on here on the buyers end as it seems his only concern was easily resolved by some of the options given buy the seller. At some point buyer got cold feet...what an amazing car guys get the deal done and get on with life
I'm more than willing to still honor everything I told him, and put this disagreement behind us. He was supposed to fly in tomorrow, and as far as I'm concerned he's still more than welcome to come and get the Corvette. It's a great car, and I know he'd be more than happy with it once he got down to Houston and saw it in person. FWIW I can go get a notarized bill of sale stating the terms and email it to him before he even boards a plane.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:37 PM
Grozny
Advanced

I also just spoke to my credit union, and they said they'd have no problems sending the title directly to him if I sign a letter authorizing them to do so.
Old 08-05-2015, 03:22 PM
Grozny
Advanced

I've researched the matter further and I'd be fine signing form VTR-271 too. That way the title would be sent directly to him, and he would have the power of attorney to sign for me as well. It completely eliminates any and all risk.

Old 10-22-2015, 04:34 PM
Stars_Fan
Safety Car

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Is this car still for sale?

Quick Reply: 2015 TR Stingray Z51 MSRC 7spd