Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for Invoice Dealer in the Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 01:22 PM
dmitry_1998
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Looking for Invoice Dealer in the Bay Area

Hi,

I'm looking for a dealer in the bay area that is willing to take an order on a 2016 z51 coupe at invoice or better. Sold my last corvette (2001 Z06) over 5 years ago and now finally looking to jump back in. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dmitriy
Old 11-05-2015, 05:49 PM
CA C6 Fan
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hear Boardwalk Chevy (Redwood City), Momentum Chevy, SJ (formerly Courtesy Chevy) and Abel Chevy (Rio Vista) are all selling C7's (in-stock) at or below MSRP. Greenwood Chevy, Hollister has been running ads about their remaining inventory being sold at/below MSRP too. There is your start?

Last edited by CA C6 Fan; 11-05-2015 at 05:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:16 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

I don't know how much different is the bay area from So Cal from but here no dealer would sell corvette at invoice. Late last year most dealers were asking $5,000 markup and very few sold it at MSRP for C7 that are already in inventory. Now I still see dealers in OC asking 3k to 5k markup since their don't get much allocation and there are people that would pay markup.

Last edited by 5thGear; 11-05-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:44 PM
dmitry_1998
Instructor

Originally Posted by AliZ51
I don't know how much different is the bay area from So Cal from but here no dealer would sell corvette at invoice. Late last year most dealers were asking $5,000 markup and very few sold it at MSRP for C7 that are already in inventory. Now I still see dealers in OC asking 3k to 5k markup since their don't get much allocation and there are people that would pay markup.
I guess the market for the C7 is quite different than it was for the C5 and C6. Maybe because the new gen stingray appeals to a wider audience. In the third year of C6 production, there was no shortage of dealers who would be happy to offload a car at invoice.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:46 PM
dmitry_1998
Instructor

Originally Posted by CA C6 Fan
I hear Boardwalk Chevy (Redwood City), Momentum Chevy, SJ (formerly Courtesy Chevy) and Abel Chevy (Rio Vista) are all selling C7's (in-stock) at or below MSRP. Greenwood Chevy, Hollister has been running ads about their remaining inventory being sold at/below MSRP too. There is your start?
Thanks. I already reached out to Tim at Boardwalk. I'll give the others you suggested a try as well.

Last edited by dmitry_1998; 11-06-2015 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:14 AM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

Dmitry- Name is Teddy. With all your research could you give me some feedback in the end. I am in the market for a specific C& as well and truthfully the wife and I are leaning closer to ordering as well. I curious to know your best experience. I realize Richie and Abel are hands down the place to go for service but what about buyer power? I for one realize these are 2 completely separate divisions. Your research and findings could possibly net a sales if I cant find my car in the next 2-3 months.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:46 PM
dmitry_1998
Instructor

Hey Teddy, I've actually only been searching for the past 3-4 weeks so not a whole lot to report at this point. However, I will say that there are dealers in the snow belt states that will take orders at invoice. The CA dealers I've contacted thus far are not willing to quote much below MSRP.

One thing that helps a potential buyer is that there are several great alternatives at this price point (M3, GT350, cayman s, etc).

Good luck with your search.

Originally Posted by teddyca
Dmitry- Name is Teddy. With all your research could you give me some feedback in the end. I am in the market for a specific C& as well and truthfully the wife and I are leaning closer to ordering as well. I curious to know your best experience. I realize Richie and Abel are hands down the place to go for service but what about buyer power? I for one realize these are 2 completely separate divisions. Your research and findings could possibly net a sales if I cant find my car in the next 2-3 months.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:53 PM
VettVertGo
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Bay Area Vette Orders/Purchases

Hello all- If you are looking to purchase a C7 and live here in the Bay area, I can speak from recent experiences on how to order and receive one in a timely manner at less than sticker. Unfortunately, the Bay Area supply (dealer allocations) is less than demand. Thus, more often than not, the best you will do here is "sticker" (or "sticker+") and typically, only on "in-stock" vehicles. If you want a C7 (or even better, want to custom order a C7 and then not wait "forever" just to have the dealer receive an allocation to fill your order), your best bet is to contact one of the top four (by volume) national Vette dealers. I worked w/MacMulkin out of Nashua, NH. They were great to work with including straight-forward pricing (last I looked, they were at MSRP-8% excluding Z06), they always get allocations (which means your ordered gets "picked up" by GM quickly), and they deliver what they promise. In terms of delivery, MacMulkin will coordinate a courtesy delivery through a local Bay area dealer should you desire. This means that the car is built and then shipped directly to the delivering dealer (as if you had ordered the car from the local dealer). The delivering dealer will charge a courtesy delivery fee (typically $500-$750). In exchange for that fee though, the dealer does the pre-delivery inspection and handles all of the paperwork including titling and registration (which means that you don't have to go to CA DMV).

I utilized the above process and am happy to say that all involved in the process (including the dealer that did the courtesy delivery) are very happy. My experience is recent too- I ordered a '16 Z51 Vert the last week of May and took delivery just over a month ago. I should note that the delay I experienced was two-fold: Model Year start up and constraints- I ordered the new Long Beach Red which did not come off of constraint until mid-August. I hope this info helps. If there are additional questions, please feel free to PM me. Thanks!
Old 11-21-2015, 07:58 PM
oldC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,226 Likes on 734 Posts

Premier in Southern Cal in Buena Park is offering 8% off of MRSP . Check them out.
Old 11-24-2015, 07:44 AM
pbergmann
Pro

Received 105 Likes on 60 Posts

A dealer in Glendale Surprise AZ and another in Tempe AZ will order one and sell at invoice. But you need to put $5k down to show your serious.
Many in AZ also have 4-6 in stock at invoice. The internet sales manager and one of the higher up sales person told me that demand is catching up...
I don't know if this applies to Z06 or the R version

This is no different than previous generations.... before long the dealers will be swimming in them.

Times do not change! As a younger man, I rushed out and got C4's when they first came out thinking it was a rare animal... 2-3 years and MANY thousands of $$ depreciation later I realized I was just chasing a dream... but it was fun!!!
I'm going to wait for the end of year clearance on the 2016's

Pete
Old 12-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Morton1
Racer

Received 109 Likes on 63 Posts

I would give Les Stanford Chevy in Dearborn Michigan a call - they seem to have lower prices than anybody else on new ones!
They also have about 100 Corvettes on their lot!

Last edited by Morton1; 12-10-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for Invoice Dealer in the Bay Area

Quick Reply: Looking for Invoice Dealer in the Bay Area