Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB this car - what do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 12:53 PM
connyv
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Default WTB this car - what do you think?

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...1898/overview/
2014, yellow Z51 2LT with mag ride,with 14k miles
So, I was offering a low price to this car and after negotiations, they accepted 51k...what do you think? car runs great, just the carfax shows 1 recall and then car was sold....should I be concerned?
I have until tomorrow....
I am asking because I see z51 with mag ride cars still selling here for more then 56K...and why would the previous owner would sell the car immediately after recall was done?! or am I over concerned here?

http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/de...1898/overview/
Old 02-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Chi2000Vette
Cruising

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know anything about that particular car; however, as local Chicagoan I would RUN from anything at that dealer. They generally deal in higher-end cars (BMW, Porsche, etc...) that were traded and failed certification from the original manufacturer.

Seeing that this particular car went through the auto auction twice, my guess is that it was a trade-assist or some sort of pre-lemon buyback.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:06 PM
connyv
Instructor

Originally Posted by Chi2000Vette
I don't know anything about that particular car; however, as local Chicagoan I would RUN from anything at that dealer. They generally deal in higher-end cars (BMW, Porsche, etc...) that were traded and failed certification from the original manufacturer.

Seeing that this particular car went through the auto auction twice, my guess is that it was a trade-assist or some sort of pre-lemon buyback.
thanks for the feedback! I know right? why at the action twice?!
Old 02-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Uraveli
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I go to auctions a lot, and whenever I see a V.Yellow Z51 stick with good options, with a CarFax like that, 90% of the time it turned out to be one of those race school vehicles with void manufacturers warranty. You can actually ask them and I am sure they would tell you if that's the case.

Last edited by Uraveli; 02-04-2016 at 02:22 PM.
Old 02-04-2016, 04:54 PM
connyv
Instructor

Originally Posted by Uraveli
I go to auctions a lot, and whenever I see a V.Yellow Z51 stick with good options, with a CarFax like that, 90% of the time it turned out to be one of those race school vehicles with void manufacturers warranty. You can actually ask them and I am sure they would tell you if that's the case.
appreciate the feedback...
I will ask ....but at this point, I am not 100 % I want this car...heck, I am at 60%...tomorrow, probably at 40%...I will just wait for the right time.
Old 02-04-2016, 05:00 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

It will be going for low to mid 40's in 6 months.It's going on 3 years old
Old 02-04-2016, 09:19 PM
Paws
Burning Brakes

Received 509 Likes on 241 Posts

Default C7

Originally Posted by thrilled
It will be going for low to mid 40's in 6 months.It's going on 3 years old
Spend 9K more and get a new Z51 2LT

12% off MSRP at MacMulkin , Kerbeck , and others.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:30 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Paws

I agree.Might as well spend A few more thousand and buy new.
Old 02-05-2016, 04:54 PM
jriley9922
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

I believe the bondurant driving school recently sold a bunch of their cars... Which I believe were all yellow.

As others noted, could be one of those or be a mfr buyback/lemon.

If it is neither of those and a 1 owner clean car.. I think the price is very fair... Especially with mag ride and comp seats... Those two things alone were an extra 5k or so.

I do have to question why the original buyer checked the box for red calipers instead of yellow... They look kind of silly on a yellow and black car ;0
Old 02-05-2016, 06:38 PM
connyv
Instructor

Originally Posted by jriley9922
I believe the bondurant driving school recently sold a bunch of their cars... Which I believe were all yellow.

As others noted, could be one of those or be a mfr buyback/lemon.

If it is neither of those and a 1 owner clean car.. I think the price is very fair... Especially with mag ride and comp seats... Those two things alone were an extra 5k or so.

I do have to question why the original buyer checked the box for red calipers instead of yellow... They look kind of silly on a yellow and black car ;0
I know right? yellow will make perfect sense on the calipers right?
I asked my cousin in Chicago to go and drive it and he said the car is phenomenal! he drove corvettes before and Bentley, so, I believe him.....he looked under nit the car, he asked to place the car on the ramp, and there are no signs of car being raced ! so, I deposited 500 to keep the car and wait for my decision....I love the look, the options, the price, it is a clean car.....besides, the new c7s are much expensive and I am looking for financing anyway! I will think about it tonight, I had a lot of work and could not concentrate at this, but I will take a nap, then think about it and make some calculations and see what I come with!!!
thank you for the feedback and to all !
Old 02-05-2016, 07:09 PM
gpopvet
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Nice looking car and go with your gut .
Old 02-12-2016, 08:34 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

Originally Posted by Paws

Can you also get the GM friends discount for union bank users on top of this 12% off?

And are these cars that are in the lot or can spec one out with options I want?

Sorry to thread steal, just saw this and I didn't want to miss an opportunity.
Old 02-12-2016, 09:05 AM
Playboy2
Pro

Received 147 Likes on 120 Posts

If it was used as a racing school car the car fax should disclose it. I just checked the Carfax and this vehicle was registered as a personal vehicle so that takes out the theory of fleet or racing school, or corporate vehicle. Sometimes dealers overprice cars and can't sell them and they wind up at the auction. I wouldn't worry about that to much. The vehicle wasn't a lemon law buy back and had one single issue which is not uncommon. The vehicle still has a remaining warranty so I say go for it. I hate when people say spend the extra $9k and just get a new one. People have budgets and another 9k may put the car out of reach. Buy the way I might be in the minority here but I personally like the red calipers, they really stand out.

Last edited by Playboy2; 02-12-2016 at 09:09 AM.
The following users liked this post:
connyv (02-21-2016)
Old 02-12-2016, 09:28 AM
Bandit1
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

Recommend checking some of the dealership reviews...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/lucky-motors-villa-park
Old 02-12-2016, 04:15 PM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

That price on a '14, 2LT, Z51 is pretty good. I found a '14 2LT, Z51 with Mag ride, Nav and painted calipers with 4K miles on the clock for about that price and jumped on it immediately. However, I did buy from a Chevy dealer (Criswell) who shared the computer print out repair record for the car with me. Also, I should add, the dealer certified mine and one more year of bumper to bumper coverage along with the other items checked has real value.
As for spending the $9K to get a new one, I would have done that if someone provided me with the additional $9K. No one on the forums volunteered so I took the savings instead.

Last edited by roadbike56; 02-12-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 04:27 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Originally Posted by roadbike56
That price on a '14, 2LT, Z51 is pretty good. I found a '14 2LT, Z51 with Mag ride, Nav and painted calipers with 4K miles on the clock for about that price and jumped on it immediately. However, I did buy from a Chevy dealer (Criswell) who shared the computer print out repair record for the car with me. Also, I should add, the dealer certified mine and one more year of bumper to bumper coverage along with the other items checked has real value.
As for spending the $9K to get a new one, I would have done that if someone provided me with the additional $9K. No one on the forums volunteered so I took the savings instead.
Hey,I understand.If ya can't get the extra money what can you do.
I imagine all of us have been in that situation.
I would have liked to have got A Z06 but figured I'd best not.
Happy Motoring
Old 02-13-2016, 02:08 PM
Uraveli
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

True, it will usually show as fleet or commercial. Like this (1G1YL2D72E5106580) yellow '14 Z51, 3LT with 10k miles is for sale at $47k 'but it now' on auction, and this was one of the race school cars, but CarFax looks somewhat similar, exception it was commercially registered.

Originally Posted by Playboy2
If it was used as a racing school car the car fax should disclose it. I just checked the Carfax and this vehicle was registered as a personal vehicle so that takes out the theory of fleet or racing school, or corporate vehicle. Sometimes dealers overprice cars and can't sell them and they wind up at the auction. I wouldn't worry about that to much. The vehicle wasn't a lemon law buy back and had one single issue which is not uncommon. The vehicle still has a remaining warranty so I say go for it. I hate when people say spend the extra $9k and just get a new one. People have budgets and another 9k may put the car out of reach. Buy the way I might be in the minority here but I personally like the red calipers, they really stand out.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB this car - what do you think?

Old 02-21-2016, 10:59 AM
connyv
Instructor

Originally Posted by Playboy2
Appreciated!!!!
I went with my guts (like one of the guys said here) on this one and got it!!!! it is on my garage! car is flawless, interior is perfect, like new, outside outstanding! it drives like a beast in Tr mode and so nice on T mode! I love it....the seats are competition seats, they fit me perfectly- no more jumping out of the seat when taking a curve!
so, ya I did it, I love it I don't regret it!
thank you all!
ya, I wish I had more money for a new one, but even with this one I had to pull some strings to get approved, and down payment....LuckyMotors actually helped with financing! they are great in my opinion, based on this experience!
Cornel V

Old 02-21-2016, 11:01 AM
connyv
Instructor

I went to the Pavilion this SAT in Scottsdale...mine is the one in the middle, between the 2 bad S ZO6s....not bad hey?

Old 02-21-2016, 11:32 AM
Zjoe6
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,425 Posts

Good for you. Mission accomplished. They look like triplets in that pic.

Quick Reply: WTB this car - what do you think?