Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 Stinger 1LT, Worth it?

Old 04-26-2016, 12:03 AM
Projectcarry
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2015 Stinger 1LT, Worth it?

Hey guys,
Today i was at the dealer and fell in love with a corvette.
My only concern that it's 1LT. So the basic of the Basic.
I'm new to corvettes, was into BMWs till now. (Dirivng an m3 at the moment)
The car has 6500 Miles on it with a see through sunroof (Removable i guess). They are asking 67000 CAD (So 53000 USD)
Can any one sum up the difference between 1LT and 3LT?
Is that car worth the money they are asking?
Thinking of supercharging it too, ofc.
Any opinions / suggestions? I've been looking and the BASIC model on the chevrolet website is about 65,000 CAD.

P.S. Sorry if im in the wrong sub forum
Attached Images    

Last edited by Projectcarry; 04-26-2016 at 12:04 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:53 AM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

I think the car you will be happy with, that is nicely equipped and with the nice performance package, would be a 2LT with the Z51 package!
The Z51 is a great option! better brakes, better handling suspension Better gearing, trans cooler, oil cooler, electronic limited slip, little bit more horsepower, dry sump, better gearing. The Z51 package is a lot of bang for your buck!
Also for the first time the corvette 2016 actually comes from the factory with it's own Z51 badge.
And for the first time for the 2017 Corvette The Z51 is actually going to be called the Z51 model.
check it out on Corvette blog http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2016/...ns-and-colors/

Last edited by yellowmnm; 04-26-2016 at 04:13 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:59 AM
Projectcarry
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by yellowmnm
I think the car you will be happy with, that is nicely equipped and with the nice performance package, would be a 2LT with the Z51 package!
The Z51 is a great option! better brakes, better handling suspension Better gearing, trans cooler, oil cooler, electronic limited slip, little bit more horsepower, dry sump, better gearing. The Z51 package is a lot of bang for your buck!
The problem is Corvettes are hard to come by in Canada (Montreal) And i dont want to buy a new one. (It will be like 15k difference?)
Hence why im asking in that model is equipped well enough or i should just forget it.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:07 AM
motomanvette
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

That car might be a Z51 with the rims and the rear spoiler. Did you check? The only real need I found to have the 2LT was for the memory seats. I had a 1LT but smashed my knee against the pointy part of the dash every time I ingressed and egressed.
Old 04-26-2016, 05:41 AM
yellowmnm
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Projectcarry
The problem is Corvettes are hard to come by in Canada (Montreal) And i dont want to buy a new one. (It will be like 15k difference?)
Hence why im asking in that model is equipped well enough or i should just forget it.
You don't need to buy a new one just buy one used then, but again the Z51 is the one to get! If you were to buy a base and then wanted to put all the options a Z51 comes with, it would cost you 3 times the price.
Just a thought, I think you could even find a 1 LT with the Z51 pkg.
Be patient and you'll find a good deal on a Z51

Last edited by yellowmnm; 04-26-2016 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:24 AM
Koufax
Drifting

Received 194 Likes on 142 Posts

I don't own a C7 so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. But it is my experience that on this forum you are always told to get more car and to pay less for it. This advice is not sensitive to the fact that the inquirer may have a budget that he can't exceed, and/or that the marketplace values the vehicle at a particular price and can't be had for less.

The fact is that the Corvette that you are looking at is almost certainly a fabulous car. If it is all that you can afford and you decide to buy it, you will most assuredly love it. Whether it is priced properly in Canada is something that I cannot estimate. You'll have to look elsewhere for advice on that. But if you can't afford more bells and whistles, there is nothing wrong with the model you are looking at.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:11 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by yellowmnm
Also for the first time the corvette 2016 actually comes from the factory with it's own Z51 badge.
And for the first time for the 2017 Corvette The Z51 is actually going to be called the Z51 model.
check it out on Corvette blog http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2016/...ns-and-colors/
The Z51 doesn't give more HP.The 5 extra horsepower comes from NPP,exhaust
Old 06-20-2016, 09:43 PM
Richard C Ryan Jr
Heel & Toe

I agree - you would be happy with it - and the price is reasonable as well - look at the MSRP - likely in the $59K range or better - $5K depreciate per yr with low miles sounds good best of luck to you
Old 06-21-2016, 03:43 PM
fsvoboda
Melting Slicks

Received 795 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard C Ryan Jr
I agree - you would be happy with it - and the price is reasonable as well - look at the MSRP - likely in the $59K range or better - $5K depreciate per yr with low miles sounds good best of luck to you

All the stuff on 2LT and 3LT over the 1LT equipment is in the category of "nice to have."

The Z51 option is something you want if you're going to track the car. Otherwise, it makes no real difference.

I would just go with your nice deal on the car you actually found rather than worrying about some other, theoretically better (but more expensive) car.

Enjoy!
Old 06-22-2016, 01:20 AM
zone 5
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

To answer your question on the differences. This is what the Z51 gives you

Z51 Performance Package includes (J55) performance brakes, (J6A) Black-painted calipers, slotted brake rotors, (Z52) dry sump oil system, (FE3) Z51 performance suspension, specific shocks, springs and stabilizer bars, (NPP) performance exhaust, (XFJ) P245/35ZR19 front and P285/30ZR20 rear tires, (Q7S) Silver-painted aluminum, 19" front and 20" rear wheels, performance gear ratios, (G96) Electronic Limited Slip Differential (eLSD), (KNR) rear differential cooler, transmission cooling and an Aero Package

and this page from Chevy will tell you the differences between the 1-2-3LT packages. http://www.chevrolet.com/corvette-st...ecs/trims.html

I can't tell from the pics if its a Z51. dealer can tell by VIN, or just open hood and look for dry sump on Passenger side. non Z51 has dip stick on driver side.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:34 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,066 Likes on 591 Posts

I have a 1LT Stingray and love it. But if you're used to fancy BMW's with all the bells & whistles I think you should shop some more. Just saying. Good luck.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:46 PM
KLdy
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

you could buy mine and shipped it to you!
Old 06-30-2016, 07:18 AM
Hoosier44
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by KLdy
you could buy mine and shipped it to you!
I have the exact same car,color and everything in a 3lt, paid 53.5k recently , for a 1lt you should be able to do better then that.

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 Stinger 1LT, Worth it?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Stinger 1LT, Worth it?