Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why so many C7's for sale???

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2016, 05:02 PM
jay23ls
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by cartop2
I'm over here browsing around and saw your thread. I own a C6, but I'll share a few thoughts.

You mentioned bucket list. If you are retired, move to Missouri and buy a condo with garage and a Corvette for what an apartment costs in New York, and you can enjoy our open roads. Just an invitation to experience something different.

To minimize your risk of an early sell, make sure you buy the car you want, and not just the one that is available at a special price.

All of us have limited time to use them, so drive it like a car when you have somewhere to go. Every time I start mine up, I remember why I still have it. Too long between rides, and I sometimes think it is time to let it go. When you are driving it one day and decide you are bored with it and the appeal is gone, it MAY be time to let it go. I sold a C5 thinking I was done. A few months later I bought my C6.

When I was young, I loved to drive a manual. It gives control that I think is still missing from the auto. I do have an auto and use the paddle shifters some. That is pretty cool but not the same as a manual. With that said, I would again buy an auto. It is easy to drive on the streets and in traffic, and I probably would not be as good on a clutch pedal as I once was. I sometime yearn for the manual, but I also know that I have the correct transmission for most of my driving.

Go test drive some Corvettes with the manual and some with the auto. Drive in the traffic you expect to encounter and determine which transmission you want to drive for years. Wrong choice could cost you $5K or more to switch cars just to get the transmission you want.

Good luck with your decisions and your search for the car that best meets your expectations.
About those true manuals. Getting more and more and more rare these days w/ all the electronic stuff. I'd get one even if I ran into some traffic M-F. Not that socal traffic of course but most members here don't face that type of traffic.

And then there will be driver-LESS cars.. no manuals to be found then
Old 05-22-2016, 09:05 PM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by jay23ls
About those true manuals. Getting more and more and more rare these days w/ all the electronic stuff. I'd get one even if I ran into some traffic M-F. Not that socal traffic of course but most members here don't face that type of traffic.

And then there will be driver-LESS cars.. no manuals to be found then
They say those driver less cars will be here sooner than later.Couldn't you see where at some point the insurance,government will say that A person won't be able to physically drive the car.Sounds sad.
Old 05-23-2016, 05:28 PM
Bmb10f
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arthur6
56yo here, have had 5 different Corvettes, have an 05 now.
All have been stick shift, wife can easily drive a stick.
I've seen 2014s on dealer lots for $39000. Hoping mine is worth $20000 but who knows.
I THINK I can swap to a C7 for less than $20k difference...
I have yet to see one for 39k, the only low 40s I've seen had 60,000+ miles and there is no way I'm touching that... Lol
Old 05-24-2016, 11:38 PM
Yamanator
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am about to put mine up for sale. Why? simply because I have a boat and sold my old one and got a new one this year. Then I have a bike. So my 14 has only 3k miles because I just don't have time for it and refuse to drive it as a daily. I love the car it's just kind of a waste for me because I have so many other things I do as well in the summer. Really the only reason, I've been wrestling with the decision for a while but it just isn't getting driven as much as I'd like because I'm so busy. Honestly I don't think there's any one overiding reason for people selling them.

Last edited by Yamanator; 05-24-2016 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:49 PM
Bmb10f
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamanator
I am about to put mine up for sale. Why? simply because I have a boat and sold my old one and got a new one this year. Then I have a bike. So my 14 has only 3k miles because I just don't have time for it and refuse to drive it as a daily. I love the car it's just kind of a waste for me because I have so many other things I do as well in the summer. Really the only reason, I've been wrestling with the decision for a while but it just isn't getting driven as much as I'd like because I'm so busy. Honestly I don't think there's any one overiding reason for people selling them.
When you decide to, let me know. I might be interested in it!
The following users liked this post:
jimvette999 (06-05-2016)
Old 05-28-2016, 04:55 PM
NYVette2112
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Thanks again for all the replies.
I am convinced it's time to get a C7.
All the stars will never line up perfectly.
My biggest challenge is I have no garage at my condo, which will make it a bit of a pain to own.
The storage place closest to me is 325 per month to rent a garage. I think that is nuts.
I have my name on a waiting list at another place that is 225 per month, but is at least 15 min away.
I prefer used but MacMulkin has some Z51 2LT's with mag ride for 62/63k, before the 2k loyalty discount.
I am happy with a base, but they have few 2LT's base with mag ride.
So to me it makes a lot of sense to buy new vs used. Not saving much and prefer to have longer warranty.
Also I am very uncomfortable with handing over a check for 50k to a stranger. Not sure how you guys do this. I have bought used cars in the past but not over 27k.
I will keep my eye out for a good deal on used, but as soon as my garage is available, I will head up to MacMulkin.

Last edited by NYVette2112; 05-28-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:17 PM
NYVette2112
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cartop2
I'm over here browsing around and saw your thread. I own a C6, but I'll share a few thoughts.

You mentioned bucket list. If you are retired, move to Missouri and buy a condo with garage and a Corvette for what an apartment costs in New York, and you can enjoy our open roads. Just an invitation to experience something different.

To minimize your risk of an early sell, make sure you buy the car you want, and not just the one that is available at a special price.

All of us have limited time to use them, so drive it like a car when you have somewhere to go. Every time I start mine up, I remember why I still have it. Too long between rides, and I sometimes think it is time to let it go. When you are driving it one day and decide you are bored with it and the appeal is gone, it MAY be time to let it go. I sold a C5 thinking I was done. A few months later I bought my C6.

When I was young, I loved to drive a manual. It gives control that I think is still missing from the auto. I do have an auto and use the paddle shifters some. That is pretty cool but not the same as a manual. With that said, I would again buy an auto. It is easy to drive on the streets and in traffic, and I probably would not be as good on a clutch pedal as I once was. I sometime yearn for the manual, but I also know that I have the correct transmission for most of my driving.

Go test drive some Corvettes with the manual and some with the auto. Drive in the traffic you expect to encounter and determine which transmission you want to drive for years. Wrong choice could cost you $5K or more to switch cars just to get the transmission you want.

Good luck with your decisions and your search for the car that best meets your expectations.
Thanks for replying. You bring up a lot of good points.
I am in my early 50's so hopefully working on my bucket list early.
Family and friends pretty much keeps me in the NY area at least for a few more years. It is tough up here with cost of living expenses.
I sure do envy you guys in other parts of the country sometimes.
Old 05-30-2016, 12:45 AM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by wonka12_98
I think a lot of people make impulse buys and are in over their heads financially. I'm amazed they have so many C7's here that have way less than 2000 miles.
C7's and C7 Z06's
They had to have all the options and the extended warranty and then some even buy GAP insurance. Only to sell in a few months and lose their butts.

Some even add 1000's in mods to throw out the window as well.

They bought all the sizzle then it fizzled next to the costs.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:52 AM
chevroletofatlanta
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
C7's and C7 Z06's
They had to have all the options and the extended warranty and then some even buy GAP insurance. Only to sell in a few months and lose their butts.

Some even add 1000's in mods to throw out the window as well.

They bought all the sizzle then it fizzled next to the costs.

exactly lol
Old 05-31-2016, 10:18 PM
bigbob76
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The last manual transmission car I drove in Los Angeles freeway stop and go traffic sealed the deal for me. I started reading performance statistics when I was car shopping and saw the automatics got faster zero to sixty and quarter mile times. No More manual transmissions for me.
Old 06-01-2016, 02:06 AM
tv5150
Advanced

Originally Posted by bigbob76
The last manual transmission car I drove in Los Angeles freeway stop and go traffic sealed the deal for me. I started reading performance statistics when I was car shopping and saw the automatics got faster zero to sixty and quarter mile times. No More manual transmissions for me.
with what he said
Old 06-01-2016, 04:49 PM
thesaad
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ErikNM
I want a Z06 as well, that's my reason.
You should buy mine
Old 06-04-2016, 07:36 PM
Shark01
Drifting

Alot are made these days
Old 06-04-2016, 09:27 PM
PatternDayTrader
Race Director

Received 1,056 Likes on 769 Posts

Dont click on sammygmx link above
Old 06-04-2016, 10:28 PM
walker3
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 87 Posts

good information
I have been thinking about selling my C6 for a C7 - this may have helped me decide to go on and make the move
thanks
Old 06-05-2016, 07:05 AM
jcsperson
Team Owner

Received 745 Likes on 429 Posts
NC Events Coordinator

Originally Posted by Amotoxracer
Dont click on sammygmx link above
Did you report it?
Old 06-05-2016, 09:04 PM
roadbike56
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,609 Likes on 1,037 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17,'22,'24

Originally Posted by walker3
good information
I have been thinking about selling my C6 for a C7 - this may have helped me decide to go on and make the move
thanks
If you're going to sell privately, now is the time to sell. The time to buy is very late fall, or early winter. Dealers want to turn inventory, especially used Vettes where they have some room to lower the price without taking a loss. To make out the best financially, you'd have to be Vetteless for about 6 months.
walker3 (06-05-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To Why so many C7's for sale???

Old 06-06-2016, 02:08 AM
jay23ls
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 81 Posts

If a C7 is right at the low 50k mark now what would you guys expect the price to be in the fall? A big enough drop to wait..?

Can you expect remaining older lot models to get reduced even more?

Last edited by jay23ls; 06-06-2016 at 02:36 AM.
Old 06-07-2016, 02:42 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

If a C7 is right at the low 50k mark now what would you guys expect the price to be in the fall? A big enough drop to wait..?

The used 2014s you see in low $50's have been through the first 2+ years of depreciation, which is when cars depreciate the most. The depreciation rate will decline from here on out.
Old 06-07-2016, 06:23 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

You could be dead by then, buy it and enjoy it. Save the couple grand somewhere else
bigbob76 (06-08-2016)

Quick Reply: Why so many C7's for sale???