Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this bait and switch?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 12:47 PM
frankinvette
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Is this bait and switch?

I recently found a new 16 1lt for sale by the chev dealer with options for 51k. I called got the particulars only to find out that the price had changed because of lost GM incentives 3K more. Go back to the dealers web site that night and find the price has changed to 52K from 51K. Next night the dealer website shows the price back to 51K. A quick email to the dealer rep and now the price on the web site includes a loyalty incentive but when you read the info there is no mention of a loyalty discount. It looks to me they are posting prices they have no intention of selling the car for, what do you think. Isn't this illegal ?
Old 05-21-2016, 02:53 AM
frankinvette
Instructor

271 views and no one cares to express an opinion
Old 05-21-2016, 08:00 AM
Hoosier44
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by frankinvette
271 views and no one cares to express an opinion
I would talk first hand to someone to get the actual current price, the non gm loyalty ended 5/16 of 1000.00 and the gm loyalty rebate lasts until 5/31-2000.00. they can't be combined.So unsure where you are coming up with 3000.00 rebates. Maybe the ad was updated to reflect only the gm loyalty rebate IMHO.
Old 05-21-2016, 03:03 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

I price my cars on line and the GM incentives are ever changing....inventory items, conquest, no conquest, loyalty stuff like that

I have a 1LT car advertised for $51,477 if you have a current Corvette, and it will change on June 1st.....right now, an amazing offer

DETAILS HERE;
http://www.corvetteconti.com/blog/?p=27001

I know the way GM is working incentives on and off, the are trying to create immediate transactions decisions..hard for us to manage inventory, but I stay on tope of this every day to make it as easy as possible for our clients!
Old 05-22-2016, 02:58 PM
cartop2
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 10 Posts

Probably not bait and switch. Perhaps the dealer was struggling with GM incentive changes about the time you made contact. After years of watching, it seems that the dealers that post here (and are sponsors) are all reputable.

As long as there isn't false advertising (usually there is a statement to cover errors or changes in incentives), we can probably rely on the exact details of the ad. We can always walk away if things change in a way that we cannot accept. See if other dealers offer a better deal in that situation.

My experience with local dealers has been that if I want exactly what is advertised, I get exactly what they offer (read the fine print). Example: I went to a dealer to get a car for my daughter when she graduated from college. The salesman was pricing a couple of thousand high even when I mentioned the ad. I went home, got the advertisement, and returned. Pointed to the ad and bought it for the price in the paper.

Easiest way to handle an unacceptable price difference is to go home without spending a penny. No need to object too loudly, the walk off is clear enough message. Just realize that many other customers will walk up and they do not all have the desire to negotiate at all.

There is hope, but my hope may be based on my ignorance of the GM plans for the next few months. Prices and incentives MAY get better as the 2017 model comes out, but the car you want may no longer be on the lot when that happens. So, its a gamble to wait.

Best of luck to you in your search. Hope you get the car you want.

Last edited by cartop2; 05-22-2016 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-22-2016, 07:20 PM
frankinvette
Instructor

Thanks for the post Rick and I understand that the incentives are changing fast. Checking your prices online your dealership places an asterisk next to the price and states the price includes the corvette loyalty incentive. The dealership Im complaining about doesn't tell you anywhere that the price posted includes a corvette loyalty incentive. You only find that out after you correspond through emails or phone calls. When you see that low price you get all excited only to find it doesn't apply to you, leaves a bitter taste in your mouth. Thanks for all your responses.

Get notified of new replies

To Is this bait and switch?

Quick Reply: Is this bait and switch?