Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Picked up my C7 today....impressions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 09:30 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Received 488 Likes on 282 Posts

Default Picked up my C7 today....impressions

Finally back dehind the wheel of a corvette officially. I picked up a 2014 2lt m7. I didn't sleep a wink last night but it was well worth it. After driving a cts-v for a year and driving corvettes for 13 years straight before that It really feels good to be back. The cts-v was a no joke muscle car which handled well but not great. It had amazing power and a supercharger that will be missed. That being said however I could never go back. The c7 is awesome. Miles better than my old 06 c6. The interior is a pleasure to sit in and really just beautiful. The motor is great. Very different than the ls motors in both my c6 and cts-v . I feel like this LT motor only gets aggressive when over 2-3000 rpms while the LS was a bit more aggressive early in the power band and fell off as rpms got higher. Ride quality is very impressive. Very quiet over bumps no rattles (yet) and the car feels very planted. At speed that steering wheel gets really tight which I love. The handling is incredible. the car is very planted and gives me a ton of confidence aground corners.The gear box is great even if it's a little soft its smooth as silk with really nice throws. All in all I'm in love with this car and am very happy to be back in a corvette. I don't see missing anything about my V except maybe that supercharged torque. A few mods will be coming in the near future. My list so far consists of tints, wrap or replace top with a transparent one, WHEELS, and a full length spoiler. Maybe drilled and slotted rotors.

Here are some pics

Last edited by brooklync5; 09-12-2016 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-12-2016, 09:50 PM
jpbls
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

Good luck,car looks new.Very clean
Old 09-12-2016, 10:22 PM
FX VETTE
Team Owner

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,182 Posts
Winner 2020 C7 of the Year - Modified

Yeah, looks great - congrats!
Old 09-12-2016, 10:26 PM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

Sorry mods posted this in the wrong g section. You can delete I posted in general now.
Old 09-14-2016, 08:25 AM
RVC
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I too came from a CTS-V. I had a 6M sedan then a 6A coupe. I loved the V, it is a great car. I just decided I was finally gonna get the Vette I have wanted for decades. I can't say I won't ever go back to a V, but not at the price of a V3. This is my first Vette and I am really liking it but do miss my Caddy.

Old 09-14-2016, 09:13 AM
brooklync5
Le Mans Master

I would love a v3 as well. I don't like the fact that they don't make it in a manual and that price is just a bit to high. I will tell you however that it is an amazing car. My cousin has one as it just defies your expectations. For a four door to have that much power and handle like that is just amazing. The power and handling are unlike anything I have ever felt in a four door vehicle. Might be my next car if price comes down in the next couple of years.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:33 PM
george vee
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,073 Likes on 532 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Congratulations its a beauty, I put 12k miles on my c7 and now have 17k miles on my Z06, these cars are rock solid no rattles. the seats are amazing, I just drove 2800 miles with no issues with comfort, so comfortable that I drove 1100 mile in 16 hrs straight with only 3 , 30 minute stops.

Get notified of new replies

To Picked up my C7 today....impressions

Quick Reply: Picked up my C7 today....impressions