Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTB: Finally in the market! Looking for 2LT/M7

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 12:15 AM
Catalytic
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: Finally in the market! Looking for 2LT/M7

Hey guys,
Long time lurker

CAR FOUND!

2014 Red Z51 2LT/M7 w/ 8,100 miles!

Last edited by Catalytic; 10-03-2016 at 07:24 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:03 PM
jumross
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Private Party Deal, no sales tax (Cali just destroys hopes and dreams)
I agree, California is horrible. How do you plan on not paying sales tax though. I thought you pay based upon the state you reside/register the car in. I could be wrong which is why i am asking.

Good luck in your search, I think you might even be a little high in your price. Unfortunately there are people out there that still think their 3 year old car is worth MSRP.

Last edited by jumross; 10-03-2016 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:22 PM
Catalytic
Cruising

Originally Posted by jumross
I agree, California is horrible. How do you plan on not paying sales tax though. I thought you pay based upon the state you reside/register the car in. I could be wrong which is why i am asking.

Good luck in your search, I think you might even be a little high in your price. Unfortunately there are people out there that still think their 3 year old car is worth MSRP.

Basically, if someone is willing to give the car as a "gift" then sales tax is negated. On the pink slip, the seller would write that he sold the car for $0, on paper. Since the DMV does tax based on the pink slip when you go to register, the tax on $0 is well, $0. Then you cut him a check for what he wants "on the side".

On a side note,
I did find a car in Arizona at a dealer that was exactly what I wanted with only 8,100 miles on it so I jumped on it. A 14' Red Z51 2LT/MT with nav. So I end up eating the sales tax in the end. List price was 45k, so there are deals out there, but it just takes a while to find em.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:01 AM
jriley9922
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 173 Posts

That is a very reasonable price for a 2lt z51.
I'm assuming it didn't have mag ride, colored wheels/calipers, upgraded seats/roof, or any of the other premium options?
Congrats on the buy either way!

However, I must note.... What you were trying to do is highly dangerous.. Having someone sell you a car then write it up as a gift... Let alone that "someone" is a stranger... That is asking to get audited and/or get into legal issues.

I can't imagine anyone on here would risk their own well being so a stranger can save a few grand in taxes.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:58 AM
Catalytic
Cruising

Ah the DMV has bigger fish to fry. Sure there is a risk to run, however I've sold my Tahoe, Jeep and Tacoma all as gifts. Plus it acts as a negotiating tool. You can split the tax with the buyer and you get what you want, and he/she saves money. The only loser is the state!

Car was sitting on a lot for 60+ days, Cargurus said it was originally listed at $52k. Guy just probably wanted to unload it. Don't think it has any of the upgraded options, unless a painted carbon roof is one, other than that, Nav is just about the only thing.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To WTB: Finally in the market! Looking for 2LT/M7

Quick Reply: WTB: Finally in the market! Looking for 2LT/M7