Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOLD: 2015 Corvette 2LT Z51 pkg, Shark Gray red interior, carbon dash clr roof-mint

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 02:15 PM
kirbyVette
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

pretty sure u originally asked about pricing early on...u didnt get the feedback you were expecting and threw a tantrum. Its still funny you consider a 2LT automatic base vette NOT a "plane jane"...isnt that the most common build??
Old 01-11-2017, 02:46 PM
IdleUp
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Read My Lips: and maybe you'll learn something today - A 2LT with a ZF1 Package (maybe you don't know what that is) is not a "Plane Jane" 2LT any longer. My Car is almost the same as Z model less the dump truck suspension and larger motor which we did not want.

Again the "Plane Jane" 2LT is valued at $45,605 "Without" my options - my car is so special that Kelly does not even offer the option to list my upgrades (below)

ZF1 Appearance pkg $1995
Performance Video System $1795
Multi Mode Exhaust $1195
Carbon Dash $995
Custom Caliper Color $595
Under Hood Liner $280
Logo Door Sill plates $275
Chrome 20" / 19" Wheels $1995

Total Options not offered in Kelly Value is $9,125 when you add these options to to the value of $45,650 it come to over $55,000 - Not $40,000 like so guys would love to steal it for.

Is any of this at all starting to make sense to you now?
Attached Images  

Last edited by IdleUp; 01-11-2017 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 05:00 PM
jversluis
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Used car pricing doesn't take in effect all the options and unfortunately You cant price up a car based off options not listed on Kelly. They will account for 2Lt and a few other options as I found out, but for some you just lose money on them. I have a similar car as yours only in Arctic White with Red interior. ZF1 also. They are only drawing 49-50k this time of year. In the Spring you might gain a couple of grand. New 16's 2LT are going for 55k and less. Its a glut of C7 right now which is not helping us that want to sell. You do have a beautiful car and there is a buyer out there.

Last edited by jversluis; 01-11-2017 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 06:52 PM
IdleUp
Advanced

Originally Posted by jversluis
Used car pricing doesn't take in effect all the options and unfortunately You cant price up a car based off options not listed on Kelly. They will account for 2Lt and a few other options as I found out, but for some you just lose money on them. I have a similar car as yours only in Arctic White with Red interior. ZF1 also. They are only drawing 49-50k this time of year. In the Spring you might gain a couple of grand. New 16's 2LT are going for 55k and less. Its a glut of C7 right now which is not helping us that want to sell. You do have a beautiful car and there is a buyer out there.

Thanks for the reply - To be honest with you when I listed the car I had no idea what it would bring - thanks to my persistence I'm going to get close to what I wanted. The goofy 40K offer I received and denied was followed up with negative attacks. At 40K I would just let the car sit in my garage.

Even you admitted your car was bringing $49-50 which is a hell of a ways from 40K these guys were telling me my car was worth. I was not born last week so therefore I knew all along a car which I paid $75K OTD would have to bring $50K since my car had $16,000 of options with 2900 miles in mint condition.

Anyhow - I'm meeting my buyer tomm for a title signing - I got $53500 and I'm happy!
Old 01-11-2017, 07:38 PM
Jmcdude
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 512 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by IdleUp
Thanks for the reply - To be honest with you when I listed the car I had no idea what it would bring - thanks to my persistence I'm going to get close to what I wanted. The goofy 40K offer I received and denied was followed up with negative attacks. At 40K I would just let the car sit in my garage.

Even you admitted your car was bringing $49-50 which is a hell of a ways from 40K these guys were telling me my car was worth. I was not born last week so therefore I knew all along a car which I paid $75K OTD would have to bring $50K since my car had $16,000 of options with 2900 miles in mint condition.

Anyhow - I'm meeting my buyer tomm for a title signing - I got $53500 and I'm happy!
Congrats on the sale, sticking to what you believe in, and not listening to some of these fools. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Forget bluebook, forum prices, eBay, discounts on new... The savings on buying privately instead of through a dealer can be a savings of 4-6k. I'm guessing it wasn't a forum member? Where else did you advertise it?
Old 01-11-2017, 08:01 PM
scottjays
Racer

Received 77 Likes on 42 Posts

Bump and
Old 01-12-2017, 09:50 AM
IdleUp
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jmcdude
Congrats on the sale, sticking to what you believe in, and not listening to some of these fools. It's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Forget bluebook, forum prices, eBay, discounts on new... The savings on buying privately instead of through a dealer can be a savings of 4-6k. I'm guessing it wasn't a forum member? Where else did you advertise it?

No disrespect to the forum because there are some very good people here and some excellent information but yes it was right here on this thread - you would think it would be more professional here but its no different than CNN or NBC any Keyboard Jockey can just start running their mouth with non factual crap!
Old 01-12-2017, 12:08 PM
IdleUp
Advanced

This Car is now sold! ($53,500)

It was sold to an buyer who was placing an order at my local dealer and seen my car on Ebay. The buyer was buying the same car but a 16 model and he saved $12,400 from the price quoted at the dealer and would not have to wait 6-8 weeks for delivery. In addition, my car included a $1900 video system!

Again for all the negative "Sale Haters" on this thread who tried to beat me up when I refused your ridiculous 40K offers, hopefully you learned a valuable lesson on re-sale values - when you have a special car and take care of it, the car will retain a good value. All the goofy comments about the car being worth only 40K are just that; stupid goofy comments in an attempt to steal "Special" cars from buyers!

In closing, my apologizes to the other users and the administrators for the actions of these few individuals which attempt to poison such a great informative forum!

Best Regards
Attached Images  
Old 01-12-2017, 12:48 PM
jversluis
Burning Brakes

Received 63 Likes on 35 Posts

Congrats, someone is getting a very nice car!
Old 01-12-2017, 09:39 PM
Badbluebird
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lock this up lol
The following users liked this post:
Snowwolfe (01-12-2017)
Old 01-13-2017, 07:52 PM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

What a nice toy!!! GLWS!!!

Quick Reply: SOLD: 2015 Corvette 2LT Z51 pkg, Shark Gray red interior, carbon dash clr roof-mint