Notices
C7 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C7 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 Z51 4 Sale

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 12:49 PM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,626 Likes on 6,630 Posts

Default 2014 Z51 4 Sale

Just put my 2014 up on Autotrader.
9875 miles by One "Old" Owner!

Sold! Ordering a GS!

Last edited by JerryU; 02-21-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:05 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

So no magride?

And I didn't think the bolsters were adjustable on the seats. How do you control that? Is that only on the 3LTs?
Old 02-12-2017, 08:44 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
So no magride?

And I didn't think the bolsters were adjustable on the seats. How do you control that? Is that only on the 3LTs?
From the Owner's Manual, for 2 & 3LT:
"To adjust the lumbar or bolster support (if equipped):
. Press and hold the control forward to increase or rearward to decrease lumbar support.
. If equipped, press and hold the control upward to increase or downward to decrease the side bolster support."

Note, it's the same button just depends on which way you push!

Had ajustable shocks in my '93 Vette and in our flat pretty good roads in Eastern SC could not tell the difference in ride. Got my Z51 C6 without it and was happy with the ride. Did not want the added complication in the C7. Ride is fine for me but I'm only '74-maybe when I get old!

Actually GM rates the ride of a Z51 with the 45 mm Bilstein shocks (base are 36 mm) between Z51 with MRC set at Touring and Sport, so it's less harsh than Sport. They did increase the stiffness at Track in the C7. One poster said you could feel if going over a dime!

I find the the ride fine-I do slow down going over railroad tracks!

In addition to the added computer and shock electronics, those 4 spindly arms and sensors exposed on each lower "A" arm made it particularly a reliability concern.

Mag Shock Sensor and Thin Control Arm on "A" Arm

Last edited by JerryU; 02-12-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:07 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

That is pretty small. I originally thought I wouldn't care for it, but I have not had a chance to ride in one that has it. All the ones that are used in the lots around me (7 dealers) not one had a Magride I could test drive myself.

So many people love the feature and I don't hear many complaints about it. I agree our cars are now computers that can go bad over time and don't respond well to violence or bumpy roads in this matter. But more and more cars are coming out with the technology and and is almost a standard. I am sure they have worked most of the bugs out by now.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:49 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by ~Stingray
That is pretty small. I originally thought I wouldn't care for it, but I have not had a chance to ride in one that has it. All the ones that are used in the lots around me (7 dealers) not one had a Magride I could test drive myself.

So many people love the feature and I don't hear many complaints about it. I agree our cars are now computers that can go bad over time and don't respond well to violence or bumpy roads in this matter. But more and more cars are coming out with the technology and and is almost a standard. I am sure they have worked most of the bugs out by now.
Yep, it's not that it's an issue it's just that don't think I need it. In fact for my planned GS it comes standard. Bet I wind up driving in Sport as I do now and the extra "stiffness" will also be acceptable!

Funny responded to a thread yesterday on the subject and a number folks posted they didn't get it for good reasons. For example if tracking and you want to best your buddy's time one said he would get coilovers! That is what I would do if I tracked. LG Motorsports sell a set of 4 for $1995 and you the can set up for a particular track/corner. As I recall one of the driving school doesn't use the system.

By the way I live 5 miles off of I95 in Florence SC. If your interested in the car or have a friend who is not a long drive to get here from MD!

Get notified of new replies

To 2014 Z51 4 Sale

Quick Reply: 2014 Z51 4 Sale