C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My photo illustration of A&A install plus Vengeance Racing dyno tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2016, 05:04 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

How's she been running Clark?
Old 07-30-2016, 06:41 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

Hey, I just got my tune done, and had a question for you... what number did Vengance tune your meth to?

Mine is set on about 4 and never actually turns green when spraying. My tune shows a decent wot A/F ratio, but I wanted to see what you were tuned at.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:07 AM
imxz28
Drifting

Received 454 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by joemosfet
Hey, I just got my tune done, and had a question for you... what number did Vengance tune your meth to?

Mine is set on about 4 and never actually turns green when spraying. My tune shows a decent wot A/F ratio, but I wanted to see what you were tuned at.
My gain is set to 5. This is how steep the ramp up in pressure is set.
If your LED is not turning green you have a wiring issue or set up issue and need to correct it.

First make sure the light goes from red to green when you push the "test" botton on your remote control box with the gain ****. If it does, your wiring is good. If not, you need to find a better ground source and positive source.

If it does not turn green, you need to adjust the "turnon" on the main controller. Also at the bottom of the pump itself, you can turn an adjustment screw to adjust the point which the lift goes from red to green.

Red means you have continuity....
Green means the unit is seeing at least 50 psi.

I will not rewrite the instructions here, so I suggest you get a copy of the Alky Control manual.

Feel free to call me and I'll explain in detail all the possible problems here. After you get it fixed, you will need to retune the car. I will stumble and hesitate if the meth was not flowing and suddenly you get it flowing without the proper tune.

I can be reached at 918-281-9125
Old 08-01-2016, 10:10 AM
imxz28
Drifting

Originally Posted by FYREANT
How's she been running Clark?
Hey Anthony, all is well here. The car has been running great. I have busy with work and life so not on the forum as much lately but I still respond to threads when I get emails to my thread subscriptions.

How are you and your beast? Did you ever get 1/4 mile testing done?
Old 08-01-2016, 10:55 AM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by imxz28
My gain is set to 5. This is how steep the ramp up in pressure is set.
If your LED is not turning green you have a wiring issue or set up issue and need to correct it.

First make sure the light goes from red to green when you push the "test" botton on your remote control box with the gain ****. If it does, your wiring is good. If not, you need to find a better ground source and positive source.
Yep, if I turn up the gain, and hit the test, it goes red and then very quickly to green. The engine stumbles.

If it does not turn green, you need to adjust the "turnon" on the main controller. Also at the bottom of the pump itself, you can turn an adjustment screw to adjust the point which the lift goes from red to green.

Red means you have continuity....
Green means the unit is seeing at least 50 psi.
It never goes green when WOT. Red *does* mean it is spraying, it just never gets up to that greenlight pressure when it's dialed into about 4 (where it was tuned at). The logs show a dip in the A/F at about 4-4.5psi, indicating the meth is spraying. Also, the fact that I've gone through a gallon of it...

I read in a few places that a dual-nozzle setup won't ever turn green - now I'm a single nozzle, but I read that it's possible that a high-altitude installation would kinda simulate this. I was just wondering about your experience. I didn't think there was much of an issue, but now I will check for any leaks, and perhaps call Julio.

Oh, when I did the install, I checked the two adjusters on the back of the alky pac, and they appeared to be set for the 2-bar sensor (according to the manual), so I didn't fiddle with them. If there are no leaks and everything is working fine, I may just end up adjusting the screw on the pump itself in order to adjust when the light goes from red to green (as described in step 8 in the manual).

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Last edited by joemosfet; 08-01-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-01-2016, 11:27 AM
imxz28
Drifting

Originally Posted by joemosfet
I may just end up adjusting the screw on the pump itself in order to adjust when the light goes from red to green (as described in step 8 in the manual).
Exactly, You want to see the pump is doing more that getting continuity.
You need to adjust your screw on the bottom of the pump.

The light tuning red does not mean the pump is building pressure, albeit that I'm betting it is, it only means that it is getting enough voltage to light it up. You have no way of knowing how much voltage or how fast the pump is spinning if at all.
Green is the indicator of how much pressure you are building.
The only way to know is to adjust the screw on the bottom of the pump with a pressure gauge on the line.

At the very least, you need to adjust that screw. It could be set higher than it needs to be for your pressure output.

I did extensive testing with my entire setup before ever starting the car for the first time. I used compressed air (3 psi) on the MAP to simulate boost and dialed the system to turn on at that psi.

Lastly, you want to leave the gain set to what it was tuned at.
However, since it appears you have a wideband and can monitor your A/F, Just keep an eye on what it is doing if you do adjust the gain.
The following users liked this post:
joemosfet (08-01-2016)
Old 08-03-2016, 09:08 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Hey Anthony, all is well here. The car has been running great. I have busy with work and life so not on the forum as much lately but I still respond to threads when I get emails to my thread subscriptions.

How are you and your beast? Did you ever get 1/4 mile testing done?
I've been in the same situation with work and life lol. My car is still running good, and I am actually considering moving to the next phase of increased power soon. I haven't been back to the track since I ran the 11.10 in the quarter, but I really want to get it up running a really low 10 second pass. So, likely will upgrade to a T-Trim, and quite possibly may buy a used block and build it up.
Old 08-04-2016, 01:54 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by C7&7
I wouldn't be able to keep it from making boost
long way to go to get a tune with a ton of crazy guys in TX. I know a hand full should be able to do that.

Last edited by robert miller; 08-04-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 12:21 PM
imxz28
Drifting

Old 02-21-2017, 12:50 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

How's she runnin, Clark?
Old 02-21-2017, 03:28 PM
imxz28
Drifting

Originally Posted by FYREANT
How's she runnin, Clark?
Things couldn't be better. The car has needed nothing but regular oil changes. I recall you were looking to upgrade to a larger head unit. Did you ever pull the trigger?
Old 02-21-2017, 06:13 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Things couldn't be better. The car has needed nothing but regular oil changes. I recall you were looking to upgrade to a larger head unit. Did you ever pull the trigger?
Funny you should ask, I'm actively working on it. Call me sometime I'll give you the details lol
Old 02-25-2017, 06:01 PM
vetteandv
Racer

Received 226 Likes on 109 Posts

Great write up and details. I will be doing the exact install on my 17 GS in the next couple weeks. I'm sure I will be referencing this thread often!
Old 02-27-2017, 05:13 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

have you needed the "yearly" pump rebuild for methanol? I am seriously trying to hold myself from going to the next step (meth, smaller pulley, LTs) on my P1SC.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:07 AM
imxz28
Drifting

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
have you needed the "yearly" pump rebuild for methanol? I am seriously trying to hold myself from going to the next step (meth, smaller pulley, LTs) on my P1SC.
I'm not so sure you need it yearly but it all depends on a few parameters such as amount of use and keeping traces of petroleum contaminants out of the system. Julio said at least every 2 to 3 years would be wise.

I had a glitch with mine leaking bad all the sudden last summer. Turns out the 100*F heat had somehow caused the housing on the pump to loosen up and leak. I took the unit out and dis assembled it. Reassembled it tight and presto - leak gone.

In the process, I find this pump is very simplistic and when the time comes to rebuild, I'll do it myself. Anyone who can change a spark plug can rebuild this pump.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:16 AM
Bucknut2006
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
Mine started leaking after a year of use. What Vengeance helped with is buying a second pump to leave on the shelf so we can swap down the road if one needs rebuilt. They are rather inexpensive so it's worth picking up a spare to have on hand.
Old 03-22-2017, 12:44 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Get notified of new replies

To My photo illustration of A&A install plus Vengeance Racing dyno tune

Old 03-28-2021, 02:40 PM
ULOSECLOWN
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

great post ... how much was the total cost for your build and now are you happy with the results?
Old 03-30-2021, 01:17 AM
imxz28
Drifting

Default Happy? Oh yeah!

Originally Posted by ULOSECLOWN
great post ... how much was the total cost for your build and now are you happy with the results?
Roughly just the 3 go fast mods were around $10,000 tuned and all. I several other cosmetic mods I won't include in the price.
The performance gains were well worth the cost and effort to install. I had a blast in her! No cats and headers made it offensively loud but it only added to the beast image.
I loved this car but she is long gone. I move on to other go faster cars.
Old 03-30-2021, 08:56 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

My install was about 5k with tune buying used a&a kit and meth about 4 years ago. I did I’d the install myself with 3.8 pulley and later installed 3.46 pulley. On 3.8 I made 600whp and about 579tq if I remember right with 3.46 pulley I’m 640whp and 600 ish to I would have to look back and get specifics . System has been flawless. On second meth pump since install . Like others have said on the message pump fails it dumps all over the floor.

Quick Reply: My photo illustration of A&A install plus Vengeance Racing dyno tune