C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECS/Meth Install Should I DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 06:56 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Hkx3
If you would like Id be willing to ship my car to you, you can remove all this and Ill pay the restock fee?

Ill just go away

On a more serious note, Im obviously not the only one with my concerns, I have dug up others as well. I didn't think this was attacking anyone, its simple truth. I have posted pictures of my experience, and its obvious Im not lying. Why would I WANT to have these issues.

As for me using improper tools to remove the balancer bolt... I was using a Ingersoll Rand Ti2135 Max. Its almost new. I have almost exclusively Snap-On tools, and as a posted a pic of, a huge Snap-On chest. If Im half-assing this, WOW

From your responses it seems as though Ive made several good points...and Ive made you mad a little as well.

Sometimes the truth stings. Truth works both ways. If the TRUTH is my inexperience with installing Supercharger kits on a 2015 Stingray is causing a problem, the TRUTH is your instructions are NOT adequate.

Lets stay friends. I don't need a negative experience in the beginning to be a negative experience the rest of the time I own this car. Otherwise I will wash my hands of this and move on.

You never made me mad, I don't get mad at forum drama, I have been doing this way too long. If you wish to continue to call us deceitful with your "shills" comment, then I will give it back to you ten fold, but you will not ruin my day or make me mad, that I can guaranty.

We bend over backwards here for our customers and run an honest business, those comments will not be tolerated, period.

We will make the changes I stated, but possibly, just possibly... with how many kits we have out there... and you not being a mechanic... there is a touch of a two way street here? You seem to think every single issue is 100% in our direction. I'm willing to except most of it, but some of your complaints, like the BOV clamp placement for instance, was a little much. Hence why others answered you so blatantly, the bulk of the install is "that easy", you may be the one who isn't seeing it that way. All I'm asking is to be a little two sided, we are not perfect, but it is the best selling C7 kit for a reason. It is no where near as bad as you have made it out to be IMHO, and it is the easiest to install SC kit we have made to date.

For sure though, there is no issue as far as you say being "friends", we are here to assist you regardless of what you post. Any future needs will be handled 100% professionally, and you will get as much help as you need to get your car on track successfully.

Feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or your tuner needs a start up tune file.

Thanks, Doug

Last edited by DOUG @ ECS; 02-10-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 07:04 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,085 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Hkx3
Because small parts of posts get lost, I posted this above, and Am doing so again...

When I did call, or had to get a call back from Alex, he was very nice, as was the other Tech I spoke with. The problem is I have a job. I work roughly 50-60 hours a week. That's not your fault. The conflict is Im working on my car at 6:30 or 7 in the morning before work. If I don't know that a water pump needs or doesn't need sealant, I have to wait on a call that comes at 10, 11, 1, 3 what ever. Clear directions avoid that.

Im saying again, perhaps we can work together and help you improve the directions, so as the next guy like me, who wants to DIY, has a more positive experience?

And yes, Id like to dump the clutch on this b|t@# and see exactly what all things brings me. Unfortunately there is steady snow falling
Understood and noted, some things we did not put in the instructions like the water pump gaskets because it does not come with sealant from the factory, so to us it seems very obvious, but we will work on making that more clear.

We really do like the feed back from customers, and we appreciate it very much. We learn from you as much as you learn from us and we thank you for it.

Now get it tuned!!!!!
Old 03-08-2016, 12:36 PM
imxz28
Drifting

Received 455 Likes on 174 Posts

Gee, I could have saved you quite a few headaches. Been there done that. Here's my thread and offers of my phone number for anyone that needs advice on these installs. The offer is still good for anyone needing help. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...dyno-tune.html
The following users liked this post:
DOUG @ ECS (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 04:26 PM
0Vengeance Racing
Former Vendor

Received 57 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by StingerBG
I envy you guys! I really want to do the install myself, because I love DIY projects. However I am probably going to end up taking my car to Vengeance Racing for the SC install, headers, and tune. That way, when I go to re-sell the car, I have proof and documentation that it was all installed by the best (IMO) pro-shop out there. That may not mean a lot to some, but it does to others. I just wish I could do it myself though.
Thank you very much for the kind words!
The following users liked this post:
StingerBG (03-09-2016)
Old 11-14-2021, 11:52 AM
Smooth72
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What a great job, I have a 72 long term project much like this I want to get back too. Will be borrowing some of great Ideas. Thanks for taking time to post your excellent work.

Quick Reply: ECS/Meth Install Should I DIY?