C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT4 Stingray!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2016, 06:06 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Default LT4 Stingray!!!

URL=http://s69.photobucket.com/user/TAKID/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsoobgowp2.jpeg.html][/URL]

More info to come shortly....

Current Mod List:

Custom AFE Intake
Texas Speed CNC stock ported heads milled to 12.1CR
Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT's/no cats

Ligenfelter 2.38" Upper pulley (Stock is 2.56)
ATI Wet Sump Damper/ATI 8.09"Lower puller (stock LT4 size)
Ported Supercharger Snout/TB

Edelbrock Supercharger Coolant tank
E85 Flex fuel sensor
LS9 Map sensor/IAT

LT4 HPFP/Injectors

RX catchcan

Tuned with HP Tuners

Wanted to share what I have been working on during my weekends for the last month... First this is an LT4 blower setup on an LT1, not an LT4 crate motor, thought I would make that clear. I think the LT4 engine is an amazing engine, but besides the forged pistons, I actually like the stingray motor. The cam for the stingray has about 11 degrees more of duration over the z06 and with exhaust upgrades I like the LT1 cam even more, plus lets not forget compression jump. A good friend of mine sold me this entire setup for 1/2 what a C7 centri kit and 1/3 what a 2.3 eaton blower setup goes for. Setup has 2300 miles, and my friend upgraded to a procharger kit on his 15 Z06. So with many Z06 owners upgrading there may be lots of LT4 blowers for sale at GREAT prices, so maybe this thread will help. Sooo I decided to sell a very popular centri C7 kit I had to install this instead, goal is 700rwhp on around E50, but I have seen 750-800rwhp from this little blower MAXED out which is very impressive, especially considering they are making over 650rwtq at 2500rpms, that's a blast on the street. Plan to do some R&D with the fuel system capability and IAT measurements before swaping lower pulleys and spinning the blower harder

Factory LT4 spins the 1.7 liter blower to roughly 20,150 RPMS at 6400 RPM and I'm spinning it currently to 21,754 RPMS (8.09/2.38)=3.39x6400
Here is the pulley combo, did a little R&D for ATI on spacing for a wet sump vette with this supercharger, so if you need the spacer let them know... If you are a Dry sump the Z06 pulleys will work perfect.
Here are the ATI pulleys, blower speed can be increased past 25,000 pretty easy, just want to do testing with IAT/IAT recovery an fuel capability before spinning the little 1.7 that fast.....

Instead of redrilling the LT1 heads to accept the LT4 blower, I decided to make a spacer setup that bolts down using the LT1 bolt pattern which also has provisions for the LT4 blower. I used GM silicone to seal the 3/8 plates, and technically these SHOULD help slightly thermally and increase runner length slightly increasing tq production, but that's just an added benefit. Formato is a friend of mine and may offer these for individuals in the future.

Instead of using the LT4 Coolant pump and attempting to wire to the ECU, I decided to use the Edelbrock C7 kit Pump harness and coolant pump/bracket. Very easy to install pump powered through the evap system and alternator, no cutting, plug/play.

Also I decided to use the factory Z06 coolant tank in conjunction with the edelbrock coolant tank/bracket to double the coolant capacity over the stock Z06

Last edited by T/A KID; 02-01-2016 at 10:43 PM.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:33 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Reserved for content

Reserved for content

Instead of wiring up an IAT2 sensor, decided to have the IAT in the MAF broken out and I installed the bung post rotor/intercooler beside the number 8 runner. This is the CTSV/ZR1 IAT and I updated the tune IAT table with new data to reflect this change.

For the MAP I used the LS9 map and installed this in the factory spot in the blower snout. Had an extension harness built for this as well. I plugged off the rear port that is normally used for throttle pressure sensor and I deleted the front boost limiter and drilled tapped the port opening to close it with a cap.

Here is a quick pic of the LT4 pump (top) and the LT1 pump (bottom)..... Few tricks I have in store to really let this rig make some power on the factory LT4 fuel system....

Below Is a pic of the LT4 valley, it has a 1 way check valve in this line (no crankcase boost) but allows LOTS of oil to go right into the blower, this is why many Z06 owners are getting oil in there supercharger system... I used my stingray valley, welded up the end and added a 6an fitting for crankcase ventilation. No Pic, but I welded up the factory opening on the blower. The 90 degree line goes directly to a cathcan with a 1 way checkvalve to the blower snout. This way the blower is still pulling crankcase pressure at ALL times but no oil is getting into the system now.

The stingray AFE intake I modified by adding the 2 quick disconnect fittings to the aluminum 4" inlet in the induction, routed on the bottom for a clean look. This is a Wet sump setup so each valve cover vents to one of these ports.

Last edited by T/A KID; 02-01-2016 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:27 PM
SharkAttack15
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Reserved for content

Reserved for content

Instead of wiring up an IAT2 sensor, decided to have the IAT in the MAF broken out and I installed the bung post rotor/intercooler beside the number 8 runner. This is the CTSV/ZR1 IAT and I updated the tune IAT table with new data to reflect this change.

For the MAP I used the LS9 map and installed this in the factory spot in the blower snout. Had an extension harness built for this as well. I plugged off the rear port that is normally used for throttle pressure sensor and I deleted the front boost limiter and drilled tapped the port opening to close it with a cap.

Here is a quick pic of the LT4 pump (top) and the LT1 pump (bottom)..... Few tricks I have in store to really let this rig make some power on the factory LT4 fuel system....

Below Is a pic of the LT4 valley, it has a 1 way check valve in this line (no crankcase boost) but allows LOTS of oil to go right into the blower, this is why many Z06 owners are getting oil in there supercharger system... I used my stingray valley, welded up the end and added a 6an fitting for crankcase ventilation. No Pic, but I welded up the factory opening on the blower. The 90 degree line goes directly to a cathcan with a 1 way checkvalve to the blower snout. This way the blower is still pulling crankcase pressure at ALL times but no oil is getting into the system now.

The stingray AFE intake I modified by adding the 2 quick disconnect fittings to the aluminum 4" inlet in the induction, routed on the bottom for a clean look. This is a Wet sump setup so each valve cover vents to one of these ports.

Very nice I wanna do this as well. How much is the total so far without tuning.
Old 04-05-2016, 10:09 AM
MIGHTYM0USE
Melting Slicks

Received 116 Likes on 72 Posts

subscribed!
The following users liked this post:
MrMiami (03-01-2023)
Old 04-05-2016, 01:51 PM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Yea I was surprised this thread didn't get way more attention!! Awesome project.
MrMiami (03-01-2023)
Old 04-05-2016, 02:10 PM
BooSSted
Drifting

Received 305 Likes on 246 Posts

Sweet project, I was wondering with the amount of LT4 guys going centri. If the LT1 guys would be jumping for some discounted deals on the 1.7l blowers!
Old 04-05-2016, 09:01 PM
ARC7TIC
Heel & Toe

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome conversion.

When you said you know Formato, I'm assuming your talking about Jeremy? He tuned two of my cars when I lived in Tampa. He did amazing work on both!
SharkAttack15 (04-05-2016)
Old 04-20-2016, 07:39 PM
SpeedyD
Melting Slicks

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Impressive work!!
Dan
Old 04-20-2016, 11:45 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

What was the results I've bin waitin for this lol
Old 05-19-2016, 10:21 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

How did the build go and final results it running fine any issues ?

Member is selling a lt4 blower ready to install should I do it or will I be dissapointed
Old 05-19-2016, 10:55 PM
from9rto1k
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Seannyc u should buy it
Old 05-20-2016, 01:37 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Originally Posted by Seannyc
How did the build go and final results it running fine any issues ?

Member is selling a lt4 blower ready to install should I do it or will I be dissapointed

Runs great... Pulled the blower off for porting and that was a month and half ago, just been busy with projects/tuning.

I will add that it's a pretty easy swap.. I used 3/8" thick adapter plates... Now have billet plates made with built in orings that are slightly thinner than .5". Had plenty of clearance with the 3/8 so I assume with the new plates it will as well (if not I'll space the cradle slightly)
I should note, I have a z06 hood on the car which is slightly taller..

Some updated info
The factory lt4 crank pulley is 8.0 I have an ATI Procharger 8.09 pulley which works perfect with a .507 spacer.
If using the LT4 ATI blower pullies you run a .687 spacer. ATI has them in 5, 10, 15, 20%. This is ONLY needed of running an Wet sump. If a dry sump the same pullies on the lt4 work (no spacers required)

The LT4 blower is great, can take a stingray into the 9s IMO pretty easy with traction and spinning the blower a little harder.

If I wanted to make more than 750rwhp them I would go a different route, but for OEM type power and reliability you can't beat this thing...
Old 05-20-2016, 01:40 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Old 05-20-2016, 01:45 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Above is a pic of the new plates I have... I worked with a company called ICT billet and they did a fantastic job. Billet aluminum, o ringed for sealing to head, bolts down to lt1 heads using factory bolts and then the lt4 blower bolts to the spacer plate.

Last pic is what I used to put the blower back together after porting... (I disassembled the entire blower for this)

You can get the Eaton supercharger oil and blue high speed bearing grease online.. Technically your suppose to use anaerobic sealent, but "The right stuff" has never let me down. The lsa ls9 require 5.1oz of fluid. The lt4 requires 4.74oz
Syringe is needed to accurately install fluid
Old 05-20-2016, 02:38 AM
Seannyc
Drifting

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Runs great... Pulled the blower off for porting and that was a month and half ago, just been busy with projects/tuning.

I will add that it's a pretty easy swap.. I used 3/8" thick adapter plates... Now have billet plates made with built in orings that are slightly thinner than .5". Had plenty of clearance with the 3/8 so I assume with the new plates it will as well (if not I'll space the cradle slightly)
I should note, I have a z06 hood on the car which is slightly taller..

Some updated info
The factory lt4 crank pulley is 8.0 I have an ATI Procharger 8.09 pulley which works perfect with a .507 spacer.
If using the LT4 ATI blower pullies you run a .687 spacer. ATI has them in 5, 10, 15, 20%. This is ONLY needed of running an Wet sump. If a dry sump the same pullies on the lt4 work (no spacers required)

The LT4 blower is great, can take a stingray into the 9s IMO pretty easy with traction and spinning the blower a little harder.

If I wanted to make more than 750rwhp them I would go a different route, but for OEM type power and reliability you can't beat this thing...
Thanks for the info
I am a Wet Sump M7

I am lookin to be in the Low 10's possible high 9's down the road

But for now lookin for z06 power maybe slightly Faster Only thing missing is a lower pulley
So which ones do I get since I am Wet sump

He's selling the hole kit now all I have to get is the plates to make it fit and I'm pretty much set correct ?
Is there anything else I would need to Get
To make this thing go on and have no issues Custom plates yoult N were do I get them from

How would the blower fit on stock stingray Hood that's the main problem right now since u mentioned it

Last edited by Seannyc; 05-20-2016 at 02:40 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 03:01 PM
from9rto1k
Pro

So u need plates n lower pulley and maybe a few fittings... Every piece that came off my car your getting
Old 05-20-2016, 04:41 PM
Warship2k15
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

Subscribed.

Get notified of new replies

To LT4 Stingray!!!

Old 05-21-2016, 01:30 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Will the blower fit on stock Hood? Need to find this out befor getting
Old 05-21-2016, 02:37 PM
from9rto1k
Pro

Will fit
Old 05-22-2016, 08:19 AM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

How much did it cost in comparison to another PD blower kit?

I assume you did this without price in consideration, more to see what it took to get it done since you obviously have a lot of mechanical and engineering talent.

Quick Reply: LT4 Stingray!!!