C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel flow restriction Anyone change out this fuel line?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 03:39 PM
RJW
Melting Slicks

Location: Tinker till it blows... then back it off a notch, maybe!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

Default Fuel flow restriction Anyone change out this fuel line?

I am referring to the low pressure fuel line that feeds the HP pump.

Apparently this line may have a restrictor/ ball check valve in it that greatly reduces fuel flow

see pics attached...restrictor and unrestricted fuel line

at least one company has been making up unrestricted lines ??

any thoughts??
Attached Images   
Old 07-27-2016, 06:15 PM
RJW
Melting Slicks

Location: Tinker till it blows... then back it off a notch, maybe!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

yes , people are making good power with this restrictor in place, but flow thru a small ball seat and 4 x .08" holes???

thoughts?

Last edited by RJW; 07-27-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:35 PM
e4life82
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I’m at the same crossroads with using the line with no restrictions but I’m wondering if the check valve in it is the only way the HPFP can build pressure on each stroke maybe?
Old 05-28-2020, 03:08 PM
Fast6.3
Pro

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

Lingenfelter sells a check valve with no flow restrictions
https://www.lingenfelter.com/product/L750067414.html
The following users liked this post:
Chazzmania (06-03-2020)
Old 05-31-2020, 09:09 PM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

I have several cars not running the check valve without any issues
Old 05-31-2020, 10:43 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 759 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
What reason did you eliminate them ?
Old 06-01-2020, 01:21 AM
e4life82
Advanced

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Yes I just found out first hand that the check valves aren’t needed. My car runs incredible without it!
Old 06-01-2020, 01:21 AM
e4life82
Advanced

Originally Posted by 123sugey
What reason did you eliminate them ?
They can be a restriction to flow to the HPFP.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:18 AM
Cordes Performance Racing
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,227 Likes on 774 Posts

we remove it on all our higher hp builds. if a car gets the LPE HPFP we use their check valve solely to prevent a very odd noise that happens without it.
www.facebook.com/cordesperformanceracing.com
joe@cordesperformanceracing.com
480-359-5914

Old 06-10-2020, 03:47 PM
yellowc4vert
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Buy the one off of the camaro and it don't have a check valve. That is what I did. Save line without the valve.
Old 10-23-2020, 08:17 AM
big bollas
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Any updates or part numbers for this line?
I have the blower out now and would like to do this if it’s worth doing it.

Thanks
Old 10-23-2020, 09:13 AM
big bollas
Melting Slicks

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@CPR
we remove it on all our higher hp builds. if a car gets the LPE HPFP we use their check valve solely to prevent a very odd noise that happens without it.
Joe can you give me some more input on this issue?
Waiting on some part to come in from y’all and would like to do this if it helps out.
Thanks
Old 10-27-2020, 05:13 PM
Prop Job
Burning Brakes

Received 431 Likes on 180 Posts

Where exactly is this in the fuel line?
Old 10-27-2020, 09:39 PM
CamOnlyJabroni
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Here is my setup. ZL1 Camaro feed line to my LPE HPFP and also their inline aftermarket check valve.

Old 10-28-2020, 03:40 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Course I am running Holley Port injection but I dumped all that and ran dedicated secondary lines all the way up the car from a MagnaFuel 750 secondary pump. That line can support decent power but when you get to big numbers especially on ethanol imagine the fuel flow to support 30% more flow (just switching to E85) and 16 fuel injectors. Course common sense each application would require the flow that supports that build and fuel type. I wouldn't be guessing I would watch fuel pressure, injector flow rates, duty cycle (ensuring injectors aren't maxed), etc.

I went with a Fore 4 port regulator so I can combine both my stock hard-line and secondary lines upfront then send all my fuel through -10 AN line to that regulator. My previous Aeromotive regulator was restricting flow up top it was a -6an input. Moving to -10an and two -8an outputs now set's me up for flowing much more fuel and plenty of room to grow (I'm at 25lbs of boost now on my TSP 416 + F1A-94). Then I split two -8an lines one to feed my HPFP and one to feed my port rails. I also used a bypass billet block for my Flex Fuel Sensor b/c that sensor also restricts down to -6an the billet bypass block flows fuel around the flex fuel sensor maximizing fuel flow. Finally I have a return line back to my tank. I know that's overkill for most but I never want to run out of fuel, especially with the money invested in my build. That's the one thing I feel these DI motors (especially when adding port and E85) really needs, is a good flowing fuel system. Just my .02 I feel safer knowing it's overkill.

My engine bay looks awful I need to clean her up a bit but I posted some pics so others can see variations of how to do these low side fuel systems. I can post pics of the back where my fuel pump setup is and relays, etc. if need be.

The following 2 users liked this post by C5-VERT:
robert miller (12-29-2020), solotronics (10-30-2020)
Old 10-28-2020, 04:02 PM
CamOnlyJabroni
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by C5-VERT
Course I am running Holley Port injection but I dumped all that and ran dedicated secondary lines all the way up the car from a MagnaFuel 750 secondary pump. That line can support decent power but when you get to big numbers especially on ethanol imagine the fuel flow to support 30% more flow (just switching to E85) and 16 fuel injectors. Course common sense each application would require the flow that supports that build and fuel type. I wouldn't be guessing I would watch fuel pressure, injector flow rates, duty cycle (ensuring injectors aren't maxed), etc.

I went with a Fore 4 port regulator so I can combine both my stock hard-line and secondary lines upfront then send all my fuel through -10 AN line to that regulator. My previous Aeromotive regulator was restricting flow up top it was a -6an input. Moving to -10an and two -8an outputs now set's me up for flowing much more fuel and plenty of room to grow (I'm at 25lbs of boost now on my TSP 416 + F1A-94). Then I split two -8an lines one to feed my HPFP and one to feed my port rails. I also used a bypass billet block for my Flex Fuel Sensor b/c that sensor also restricts down to -6an the billet bypass block flows fuel around the flex fuel sensor maximizing fuel flow. Finally I have a return line back to my tank. I know that's overkill for most but I never want to run out of fuel, especially with the money invested in my build. That's the one thing I feel these DI motors (especially when adding port and E85) really needs, is a good flowing fuel system. Just my .02 I feel safer knowing it's overkill.

My engine bay looks awful I need to clean her up a bit but I posted some pics so others can see variations of how to do these low side fuel systems. I can post pics of the back where my fuel pump setup is and relays, etc. if need be.

It looks good it’s just race mode. That kind of boost you have no option other than aftermarket front to back on E80+ no question.
Old 10-28-2020, 06:19 PM
C5-VERT
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 280 Likes on 213 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by CamOnlyJabroni
It looks good it’s just race mode. That kind of boost you have no option other than aftermarket front to back on E80+ no question.
Agreed. I started out smaller but found little bottlenecks as my build grew. It’s nice having lots of metrics to review. Both HP Tuners and Holley have tons of logs to consume. Not to say I haven’t had my share of problems lol.
The following users liked this post:
solotronics (10-30-2020)
Old 11-25-2020, 09:08 AM
mittens
Melting Slicks

Received 362 Likes on 203 Posts

I just had this problem, the check valve was bad. and the noises the car made was super odd, Pulsating HPFP back through the low pressure line along the whole tunnel of the car. RPM dependent of coarse.

Get notified of new replies

To Fuel flow restriction Anyone change out this fuel line?

Quick Reply: Fuel flow restriction Anyone change out this fuel line?