C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Procharger Inlet Elbow? Do I need to shorten it?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 05:58 PM
Weston
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Procharger Inlet Elbow? Do I need to shorten it?

Finishing up the install of a Procharger kit on my 2014 Z51, but I'm having a hell of a time with the inlet elbow that connects the intake tube (goes to the stock airbox) to the blower...

The instructions make it sound so simple, but I can't get this damn thing on, as it deforms and collapses when I try to get it on the blower, like it's slightly too long. It would appear to stick out slightly further than the pictures in the instructions, but it's hard to be certain. Looks like life would be easier if I had ordered their other intake style, as opposed to this one that uses the stock air box, but I'm hopeful that I can get this to work. Has anyone else run into this issue with the Procharger kit? Tips?

The charge pipe couplers were kind of a pain as well, but with a little WD40 and faith in the instructions, I got them to fit in place. Haven't been able to do that with this simple inlet elbow so far... I even trimmed the fan as recommended.

Last edited by Weston; 08-27-2016 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Added picture
Old 08-27-2016, 11:45 AM
Weston
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Update: It seems that the answer is apparently yes, just cut a few inches off of the smaller diameter side (the one that goes to the blower).

I cut it down little by little to avoid removing too much, and it went from not fitting, to fitting but being crooked and pinched, to fitting well. In the end, I had removed several inches. Mine could probably use a little more, but I got it to a point where it works well enough. Use scissors to cut (not a compound miter saw, lol), and make sure its edge is even all around, so that it fits on the blower well.

I'm guessing I was sent the wrong elbow, or their manufacturer made it too long... I don't know, the diameters were correct, though. Either way, there wasn't much hope of it fitting as it was. After cutting mine down, it seems to better resemble the picture in the instructions, and now I'm enjoying boost.

Last edited by Weston; 08-27-2016 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-27-2016, 06:14 PM
RottenII
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Glad you got it figured out.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:21 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

The other filter option comes with a rubber coupler that is much nicer material and easier to insert. Weirdly, that is the only part of the whole kit that uses that material. I don't get it. Seen below:
Old 08-27-2016, 11:20 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

Huh, we had to cut down the rubber coupler on the Procharger install we did on my dad's HEMI. Glad it's an easy fix!

Get notified of new replies

To Procharger Inlet Elbow? Do I need to shorten it?

Quick Reply: Procharger Inlet Elbow? Do I need to shorten it?