C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which intake with LT4 blower

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 12:03 PM
COALMINER,KY
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Which intake with LT4 blower

So I bought a lt4 supercharger for my lt1. Which intake should I run to make it whistle or whine the most? I love that whistle!
Old 12-04-2016, 03:49 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by COALMINER,KY
So I bought a lt4 supercharger for my lt1. Which intake should I run to make it whistle or whine the most? I love that whistle!
Before you worry about the intake whistle sound you should worry about how you're going to mount the blower. The Z06 blower does NOT just bolt up to the LT1 heads without special adapter plates. Plus there are a LOT of other things you have to do such as coolant routing, etc.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:01 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

^He's already made posts regarding those issues. Intake manifold adapter plates are on ebay for a couple of hundred.

The couple of extra pulleys needed for LT4 belt can be found on GM parts sites. The water pump and reservoir can be used from an edelbrock kit.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:40 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by joemosfet
^He's already made posts regarding those issues. Intake manifold adapter plates are on ebay for a couple of hundred.

The couple of extra pulleys needed for LT4 belt can be found on GM parts sites. The water pump and reservoir can be used from an edelbrock kit.
Roger that. Well then I retract my previous statement!

In that case, supercharger "whine" is typically the result of the type of gears used inside. Since you can't change those, the intake would be the only way to get sound really. I'd recommend poking around the Z06 section of the forum to see what intakes people complained were "too loud" because those would the the types of intakes that you would be looking for..
Old 12-04-2016, 09:06 PM
COALMINER,KY
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you, and yes I already know which plate to get and hopefully I'll have that thing on in a couple weeks. I have headers and x pipe on the way. I am going to put the 2.31 pulley on it and see where it's at. I am pretty excited about it.

Get notified of new replies

To Which intake with LT4 blower

Quick Reply: Which intake with LT4 blower