C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A or ECS

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 11:54 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Bruno. just an FYI, we provide a free start up tune file with the purchase of the kit.

That said, with the rest posted I value your opinion and glad your happy with your purchase, but at the end of the day you simply cannot argue the fact that ECS and A&A offer more physical value in materials given. That is physically indisputable. Now do I have bias towards our system from the Tq given? Yes, but I'm wiling to bet Andy would be biased towards his system too.

Happy holidays guys!
The following 2 users liked this post by DOUG @ ECS:
BrunoTheMellow (12-26-2016), Dealripper (01-30-2017)
Old 12-28-2016, 05:03 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by C7&7
I know right. People get all butt hurt when their team isn't chosen.
:c uss
Old 12-29-2016, 05:00 PM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

All 3 are excellent kits. I went a different direction..
Old 01-12-2017, 04:59 PM
marksstingray
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I went with A&A for the better spring loaded idler pulley and the intercooler design that keeps it out of the way of the radiator and provides and air scoop to pull air through it. I would recommend A&A because their customer service and dedication to making sure my kti made maximum horsepower. Long story there but they worked with me at their own cost to help fix an issue that had nothing to do with them and was more than helpful the whole time. Cant say enough good things about that company. BTW I'm making 696 HP with their kit and methanol running the 3.46" pulley I believe. I ended up doing all of the tuning myself ( no competent shop in my area) and they provided essential support in that area to.

Last edited by marksstingray; 01-12-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-13-2017, 06:08 PM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by marksstingray
I went with A&A for the better spring loaded idler pulley and the intercooler design that keeps it out of the way of the radiator and provides and air scoop to pull air through it. I would recommend A&A because their customer service and dedication to making sure my kti made maximum horsepower. Long story there but they worked with me at their own cost to help fix an issue that had nothing to do with them and was more than helpful the whole time. Cant say enough good things about that company. BTW I'm making 696 HP with their kit and methanol running the 3.46" pulley I believe. I ended up doing all of the tuning myself ( no competent shop in my area) and they provided essential support in that area to.
Intercooler design is the single reason I chose A&A over ECS. Both are great companies, but I wanted a more stealth intercooler location and in my opinion, a more efficient intercooler design..
The following 2 users liked this post by FYREANT:
marcouvo (01-15-2017), robert miller (01-28-2017)
Old 01-28-2017, 10:18 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by marksstingray
Andy and guys are one great group of people. Robert
Old 01-29-2017, 09:30 AM
Dealripper
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ECS all the way from a satisfied customer🏁
Old 01-30-2017, 08:35 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by FYREANT
Intercooler design is the single reason I chose A&A over ECS. Both are great companies, but I wanted a more stealth intercooler location and in my opinion, a more efficient intercooler design..
That's funny because it was the opposite for me. I wanted people to look through the front of the Z06 grill and see that big *** intercooler and say OH ****

lol makes for fun talking points
Old 01-30-2017, 09:00 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by thegame
That's funny because it was the opposite for me. I wanted people to look through the front of the Z06 grill and see that big *** intercooler and say OH ****

lol makes for fun talking points
Lol I also felt like it wasn't a good idea to block the radiator on a car that already had overheating issues when pushed hard. Had ECS offered their kit with an IW pulley as standard equipment as well as a horizontal IC option, I would have went with their kit. I preferred those few things that A&A's kit had standard.

At the same time though, now I am kind of stuck with the S-Trim blower after reaching its max output, which for me was a downside of the kit I got. Since I bought a used kit, I didn't get the option to upgrade the blower right off the bat, and I was told it would be around $2k to upgrade to a T-Trim now . The T-Trim is basically the same as the Novi 1500, which is standard with ECS kits.

Ant

Last edited by FYREANT; 01-30-2017 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:47 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Lol I also felt like it wasn't a good idea to block the radiator on a car that already had overheating issues when pushed hard. Had ECS offered their kit with an IW pulley as standard equipment as well as a horizontal IC option, I would have went with their kit. I preferred those few things that A&A's kit had standard.

At the same time though, now I am kind of stuck with the S-Trim blower after reaching its max output, which for me was a downside of the kit I got. Since I bought a used kit, I didn't get the option to upgrade the blower right off the bat, and I was told it would be around $2k to upgrade to a T-Trim now . The T-Trim is basically the same as the Novi 1500, which is standard with ECS kits.

Ant
I think anyone that buys either kit will be 100% satisfied. I noticed mine does not block the radiator though because it is laid flat. Temps have never been an issue even when pushed really hard in the summer days. So far VERY happy

Next plan is drop in forged pistons/small blower cam/Pulley and tune
Old 01-30-2017, 10:19 AM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

To be fair, I have read zero reports of overheating issues with either ECS or A&A kit, and if there are IAT temperature benefits with the air scoop, I doubt it's going to be a night-and-day difference. Both kits are superb and will certainly "get the job done."

That being said, I did go with an A&A kit because of one reason: the price was a bit better at the time. The intercooler design and the proper replacement harmonic balancer I just consider 'icing on the cake.'

I did go with the free Ti upgrade and a smaller pulley (3.6") because I knew that with my high altitude, I'd have to run about 3psi more boost in order to get the same power output as the kit would do at sea level. I could still pulley down to a 3.47 as I can spin the blower faster, but, will I really benefit from more power?

At sea level my car would do around 700rwhp, like many of the 3-mod cars on here. My altitude cuts that 700rwhp down to about 550rwhp, but I still spin all the way through first and second, and the rear end will kick out at 70mph in third if the highway roads are under 70 degrees. At sea level, where that full 700rwhp would be unlocked? Must take some very judicious throttle control.
Old 01-31-2017, 04:17 AM
TPSMak
Supporting Vendor

Received 270 Likes on 204 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Ant
I actually offer free T-Trim Upgrades to any one who buys a A&A kit from me @ TPS
Santa Clara, CA 95050
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com
Authorized dealer of Corbeau Seats, ECS Superchargers, Edelbrock SuperChargers, A&A Superchargers, Kooks, Whipple, Magnalow, Corsa, Borla. LG Motorsports, Procharger, Billy Boat Exhaust, AWE Exhaust, American Racing, TPS Brake Rotors/ Kits, Stainless Steel Brake Lines & much more...

Old 01-31-2017, 06:36 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by TPSMak
I actually offer free T-Trim Upgrades to any one who buys a A&A kit from me @ TPS
Thats good news. I'm pretty sure A&A does that too when buying a new system through them. Since I already have a used system though, I have to deal with the pains of the upgrade costs. In the long run a new system would have been cheaper from the start.
Old 01-31-2017, 07:17 AM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

Thats good news. I'm pretty sure A&A does that too when buying a new system through them. Since I already have a used system though, I have to deal with the pains of the upgrade costs. In the long run a new system would have been cheaper from the start.
I'm in a similar boat. I went ECS this time, but wish I would have gone 2200R from the get go. I too bought a used head unit for this build. I had an A&A kit on my C6 with the si-trim and was a great kit and met my power goals at the time.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:19 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,084 Likes on 656 Posts

Originally Posted by Elite275
I'm in a similar boat. I went ECS this time, but wish I would have gone 2200R from the get go. I too bought a used head unit for this build. I had an A&A kit on my C6 with the si-trim and was a great kit and met my power goals at the time.

Going big! PM me if you are looking to upgrade, I'll do my best to give you a great deal on it.
The following users liked this post:
Elite275 (01-31-2017)

Quick Reply: A&A or ECS