C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer strikes again...lost tune

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 05:17 PM
ChiefP
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts
Default Dealer strikes again...lost tune

Took my freshly blown C7 to the local dealer for the recall for the air bags and squeaky front brakes. Told them it had a custom tune in it...but they flashed the entire tune anyway. I drove it home and never got into boost so I didn't notice till today when I gave my son a ride and stepped on it. I knew something was wrong immediately and got out of it and limped home. As an added bonus the brakes still squeak. lol. And for good measure, a service rear axle light is on????!!! Any chance I broke something?

I know it needs the tune back in it, any chance a local Vegas member has a HP tuners? Assuming I come up empty there, I have never dealt with HP tuners but looking at the site, looks like my best option is the $500 VCM suite. Assume it comes with everything I need? Joe is standing by to send me my tune, I just have to get it in there.

PS: Avoid Ed Bozarth Chevy
Old 12-29-2016, 07:21 PM
sonny615
Advanced

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Makes no sense why they would do that. Recall does the SDM only. Not sure why they would reflash a pcm and not get paid to do it. ( I have done about 300 of those recalls , GM pays .3 tenths, def would not program more modules for free )
Old 12-29-2016, 10:51 PM
schpenxel
Race Director

Received 1,194 Likes on 1,053 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

$500 version is the cheapest and will do what you want. I'd get the $649 version personally just in case you ever need the external inputs.

If OS is changed from what was originally on there when it was tuned then you'll need to read your current tune, open the SC tune as a "compare" file, then copy all the differences over to the new file.

Otherwise you should be able to just license & flash it. I'd still read whatever is on there now for the heck of it just so you have a copy in case you ever need it for some reason.

Last edited by schpenxel; 12-29-2016 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-30-2016, 01:21 AM
CDH76
Safety Car

Received 85 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by sonny615
Makes no sense why they would do that. Recall does the SDM only. Not sure why they would reflash a pcm and not get paid to do it. ( I have done about 300 of those recalls , GM pays .3 tenths, def would not program more modules for free )
What is SDM?
Old 12-30-2016, 09:17 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

DAMN this is nuts. Makes me not want to take mine in.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:49 AM
ChiefP
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 94 Likes on 51 Posts

Agreed. I called after I realized what had happened and spoke with the service manager. He didn't have much of an explanation other than to say they do a lot of cars and was very sorry but there's nothing they can do now. He wants me to bring it in so they can look at the service rear axle issue...yeah, right.
Old 12-30-2016, 07:33 PM
Higgs Boson
Race Director

Received 2,379 Likes on 1,238 Posts

What makes you think they did it for free just because the customer didn't request it?

The dealer flashes stuff all the time even if the car is just in for an oil change, whether it is infotainment update, engine, trans, BCM, etc.
Old 12-31-2016, 10:36 AM
C6 Curtis
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson
What makes you think they did it for free just because the customer didn't request it?

The dealer flashes stuff all the time even if the car is just in for an oil change, whether it is infotainment update, engine, trans, BCM, etc.
True, exactly why I don't bring mine in unless it absolutely needs to be there, otherwise I do my own work.

-Curtis
Old 01-02-2017, 08:11 AM
qwksvt
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CDH76
What is SDM?
Sensing & Diagnostic Module
Controls all functions of the airbag system
Old 01-06-2017, 04:39 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by schpenxel
$500 version is the cheapest and will do what you want. I'd get the $649 version personally just in case you ever need the external inputs.

If OS is changed from what was originally on there when it was tuned then you'll need to read your current tune, open the SC tune as a "compare" file, then copy all the differences over to the new file.

Otherwise you should be able to just license & flash it. I'd still read whatever is on there now for the heck of it just so you have a copy in case you ever need it for some reason.
Maybe doing this myself. Just going to have to find a good tuner that I can send what I have then get him to chg what ever that needs to be and get back into the car.. Will have my TI set up in less than a week then have to put it on the car... Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 01-06-2017 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:53 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 760 Likes on 516 Posts

Originally Posted by Higgs Boson

That's can be true...

I just got my oil changed at the dealer late today and am wondering if they screwed around with my car as I had a check engine light on. Drive away with it off (Procharged car). I didn't ask them to clear the code(s) but they did it. I'll give the car a little gas tomorrow to see if my tune was replaced

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer strikes again...lost tune

Quick Reply: Dealer strikes again...lost tune