C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New build-going to the dark side

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 03:24 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by joemosfet
Hey Robert, howsit goin? Any progress report? I assume you've got your methanol installed and wired by now, how goes the blower install?
Going good but can only work maybe a few hours a night and some nights not at all. I cant let the wifey know what I am doing just telling her cleaning up stuff. Its just better like that don't have to hear the mouth as much She has her play money for her stuff and I have mine. Robert
Old 02-08-2017, 03:38 PM
2014BlkVette
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Robert, congrats and good luck with your build. I see you're going with an A&A. I live in SoCal, so I gotta get a system that's CARB certified. I'm planning on an A&A sometime in March or April. Did you purchase directly from A&A or a vendor? I've sent a request on A&A's site, but haven't gotten a reply. I have a quote from TPSMAK but wonder if I'd get a better price direct from A&A? Thanks
Old 02-08-2017, 04:10 PM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Received 318 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
Going good but can only work maybe a few hours a night and some nights not at all. I cant let the wifey know what I am doing just telling her cleaning up stuff. Its just better like that don't have to hear the mouth as much She has her play money for her stuff and I have mine. Robert
Heh, good times. You know, I read stories like this and I am kinda happy that I'm single and have no kids.

Every once in a while, I get the feeling that it might be nice to have somebody around to share in trials and tribulations of life or maybe a kid to get as excited about my hobbies as me, and a tear comes to my eye, but...

Name:  0EkjRtR.gif
Views: 12
Size:  1.78 MB
The following 2 users liked this post by joemosfet:
intake68 (02-08-2017), robert miller (02-08-2017)
Old 02-08-2017, 04:11 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 2014BlkVette
Robert, congrats and good luck with your build. I see you're going with an A&A. I live in SoCal, so I gotta get a system that's CARB certified. I'm planning on an A&A sometime in March or April. Did you purchase directly from A&A or a vendor? I've sent a request on A&A's site, but haven't gotten a reply. I have a quote from TPSMAK but wonder if I'd get a better price direct from A&A? Thanks
Buddy got it from Josh just give them a call direct He will get the phone 99% of the time. They are the best that you will deal with for sure. THIS MAKES MY 2ND SET UP FROM THEM DIRECT. You will love it man. But let me tell you this go with the meth for safety and the TI head unit with the 3.6 pulley.

This unless you are going to go crazy with the YSI and totally rebuild the small block out with forged parts in it. Robert
Old 02-08-2017, 04:25 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Heh, good times. You know, I read stories like this and I am kinda happy that I'm single and have no kids.

Every once in a while, I get the feeling that it might be nice to have somebody around to share in trials and tribulations of life or maybe a kid to get as excited about my hobbies as me, and a tear comes to my eye, but...

Been married now for 35 years but if something did happen I sure wouldn't do it again at my age. Kids all grown and out with 2 G/kids.
Old 02-08-2017, 05:43 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Received 560 Likes on 379 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Ever get that feeling I'll send my kid to you.. He turned 18 today so know he'll even pay for his way to you..lol
Old 02-17-2017, 01:20 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 759 Likes on 515 Posts

Old 02-18-2017, 09:47 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 123sugey
And....
Old 02-18-2017, 10:39 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

PM'd you Robert
Old 02-24-2017, 09:54 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

PM'd you Robert
Thanks buddy but been down in my neck for almost 2 weeks now but better now. Been going to the DR every day other than the weekend. Going to be back on it tonight or tomorrow & over the week end. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 02-24-2017 at 09:55 AM.
Old 02-24-2017, 10:29 AM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

^Hope you feel better!

How's the install going, btw?
Old 03-01-2017, 10:33 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

^Hope you feel better!

How's the install going, btw?
Getting better man after going to a neck guy every day of the week for 2 weeks other than the weekend. Almost back to being able to work on the car again.

But I was off of work today got my pillar post in I worked on it getting the stuff off and sanding it down to glass on my 3 pods for the gauge's to read every thing. Robert
Old 03-02-2017, 08:51 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Getting better man after going to a neck guy every day of the week for 2 weeks other than the weekend. Almost back to being able to work on the car again.

But I was off of work today got my pillar post in I worked on it getting the stuff off and sanding it down to glass on my 3 pods for the gauge's to read every thing. Robert
Hope the neck feels better, I feel your pain. 3 herniated discs for me. Putting my supercharger about killed me. Now I have a bathroom to gut and redo this month....ugh.

My a-pillar is still at Ortiz ....talked to them today and it is in the final sanding stages, so much for the 2 week turn around, but I'm excited to see how it turned out.
Old 03-02-2017, 10:26 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by chefcg1
Hope the neck feels better, I feel your pain. 3 herniated discs for me. Putting my supercharger about killed me. Now I have a bathroom to gut and redo this month....ugh.

My a-pillar is still at Ortiz ....talked to them today and it is in the final sanding stages, so much for the 2 week turn around, but I'm excited to see how it turned out.
Doing mine myself got it all sanded down now just go back into the house. I should go tomorrow after work get the stuff to glass it together r the pods into place on it. Let it dry for a few days more sanding then will take it to a friend at shop to put what ever I go with on it.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:41 AM
joemosfet
Burning Brakes

Take lots of pics!
Old 03-17-2017, 04:16 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Default ttt

Got around to getting some work done on the set up. Man this stuff is really packed I tell you want this A/A set is like a piece of cake going on the car. Get stuff out of under the car just a few bolts the S.C is on & bolted up.

If I can work out what my wife did to my computer to where I get pic's to the place to transfer them to my post in on the forum.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:59 PM
chefcg1
Melting Slicks

Got around to getting some work done on the set up. Man this stuff is really packed I tell you want this A/A set is like a piece of cake going on the car. Get stuff out of under the car just a few bolts the S.C is on & bolted up.

If I can work out what my wife did to my computer to where I get pic's to the place to transfer them to my post in on the forum.
I agree, simple 1 day job, though the exhaust manifold swap slowed me down on my build.

Let's se some pics! How's the a-pillar coming along? Should have mine back next week, but I'll be in vegas so it will have to wait till I get back.

Get notified of new replies

To New build-going to the dark side

Old 03-18-2017, 06:40 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by chefcg1
I agree, simple 1 day job, though the exhaust manifold swap slowed me down on my build.

Let's se some pics! How's the a-pillar coming along? Should have mine back next week, but I'll be in vegas so it will have to wait till I get back.
Got me a new pillar got it sanded down, also got the 3 pods cut out down to the size I want. A good friend of mine does a lot of F/glass work said he would mark them up for me and do the placement & work on them on Monday. Just going to let him do that then by thur r Friday take the pillar to the shop to let them put something on it.
Old 03-23-2017, 02:27 PM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

How's it going Robert ?
Old 03-24-2017, 08:31 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

How's it going Robert ?
Have the blower totally on the car set up working on the meth & pillar gauge set up. But going to RIO for a week so going to be dead on the car stuff again for a good week.

I have a few pic's will post them when I get back next Sat..
Also having a friend cutting me a new tank I got & tig it back up for the meth set up under the hood.

Quick Reply: New build-going to the dark side