C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT4 Supercharger Compatibility on L86 Yukon Denali

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 08:05 PM
anderss9
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT4 Supercharger Compatibility on L86 Yukon Denali

Before reading any of this, if anyone has a thread or article that has someone who is using an LT4 supercharger on a L86 engine in a full size gm truck or SUV, please link post the link. I used the search tab for 15 minutes, and either I am not very bright, or it does not exist.

I just picked up a new Yukon Denali as a daily driver and have been kicking around putting a supercharger on it. I also have a completely bone stock C7 Z06 sitting in the garage that I was going to start to do a pulley, tune, and headers on. I was also going to have a weapon X heat exchanger and thermal plate installed as well, as most already know, the car loses a bunch of power when driving in higher ambient heat.

When I was browsing superchargers on the ProCharger website, I noticed that they make a kit for the Z06. It looks like the kit is only a grand more than the L86 kit, and would allow for much more hp gains than the stock C7 supercharger depending on how crazy I would want to get with it, and would mostly eliminate the heat problems that the stock blower is prone to producing.

From what all I have read, the L86 is the same motor as the LT1 in the stingray and Camaro, with exception to the intake and exhaust manifolds. ADM Performance has a package that puts a LT4 supercharger on a LT1 Camaro. I just have not seen any thread that has a truck/suv with the kit, which makes me think there is some difference in the L86 and LT1 that I am missing. I thought that if installing the bits that would be taken off the LT4 on a L86 is possible, it would be likely someone in this forum would have or known of someone who did it. It just seems to good to be true if this would fit, as it would kill two birds with one stone, get rid of the heat problem for my vette, and allow me to supercharge my yukon for cheap where I could live with the heat issue.

If it is possible, what parts other than my C7 take off parts would I need to purchase to put the LT4 supercharger on my L86 in my Yukon? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to get this done before the weather turns nice and I can drive my vette!
Old 02-05-2017, 09:27 AM
Silverboost
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by anderss9
Before reading any of this, if anyone has a thread or article that has someone who is using an LT4 supercharger on a L86 engine in a full size gm truck or SUV, please link post the link. I used the search tab for 15 minutes, and either I am not very bright, or it does not exist.

I just picked up a new Yukon Denali as a daily driver and have been kicking around putting a supercharger on it. I also have a completely bone stock C7 Z06 sitting in the garage that I was going to start to do a pulley, tune, and headers on. I was also going to have a weapon X heat exchanger and thermal plate installed as well, as most already know, the car loses a bunch of power when driving in higher ambient heat.

When I was browsing superchargers on the ProCharger website, I noticed that they make a kit for the Z06. It looks like the kit is only a grand more than the L86 kit, and would allow for much more hp gains than the stock C7 supercharger depending on how crazy I would want to get with it, and would mostly eliminate the heat problems that the stock blower is prone to producing.

From what all I have read, the L86 is the same motor as the LT1 in the stingray and Camaro, with exception to the intake and exhaust manifolds. ADM Performance has a package that puts a LT4 supercharger on a LT1 Camaro. I just have not seen any thread that has a truck/suv with the kit, which makes me think there is some difference in the L86 and LT1 that I am missing. I thought that if installing the bits that would be taken off the LT4 on a L86 is possible, it would be likely someone in this forum would have or known of someone who did it. It just seems to good to be true if this would fit, as it would kill two birds with one stone, get rid of the heat problem for my vette, and allow me to supercharge my yukon for cheap where I could live with the heat issue.

If it is possible, what parts other than my C7 take off parts would I need to purchase to put the LT4 supercharger on my L86 in my Yukon? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I would like to get this done before the weather turns nice and I can drive my vette!
There are several guys on performancetrucks.net that have done it. That would be your best bet for info. Sounds like a awesome plan!
Old 02-05-2017, 10:51 AM
123sugey
Dig
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 759 Likes on 515 Posts

Look up username PRAY on this site. PM him
Old 02-06-2017, 01:12 PM
bigsapper
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverboost
There are several guys on performancetrucks.net that have done it. That would be your best bet for info. Sounds like a awesome plan!
I've not seen anyone on PT.net do this.

OP look up T/A Kid on here. He's done an LT4 supercharger on an LT1, which you noted is essentially the same as the L86.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-stingray.html

In short, don't bother. The LT4 has different heads than the LT1 and the blower won't directly fit. You'll need to fabricate adapters.

Plenty of turn key S/c kits out there than to hassle with this.

Last edited by bigsapper; 02-06-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-06-2017, 03:57 PM
sales @ WXM
Burning Brakes

Received 149 Likes on 114 Posts

We do offer the adapters to fit the LT4-blowers on the L86.

We just completed a WXM 800hp supercharger package on a 2017 Escalade.

Things you will also need: LT4 DI fuel pump, upgraded in tank fuel pump, S/C main pulley.

Personally, I would put an F1X on the Z06, and swap the LT4 blower to the Yukon. 2 birds with one stone is logical thinking to me!
Old 02-06-2017, 09:22 PM
ADMPERFORMANCE
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you show me what you speak of?
Old 02-07-2017, 09:55 AM
Drew27
Racer

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve @ WeaponX
We do offer the adapters to fit the LT4-blowers on the L86.

We just completed a WXM 800hp supercharger package on a 2017 Escalade.

Things you will also need: LT4 DI fuel pump, upgraded in tank fuel pump, S/C main pulley.

Personally, I would put an F1X on the Z06, and swap the LT4 blower to the Yukon. 2 birds with one stone is logical thinking to me!

Can you send me info what I need to put on a 2017 Silverado 1500 5.3

Or does it need to be 6.2?
Old 02-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Silverboost
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by ADMPERFORMANCE
Can you show me what you speak of?
My bad I spoke to quick. I went back and looked and saw a couple of threads talking about the switch but could not find where someone has actually completed it.
The following users liked this post:
bigsapper (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 08:51 PM
bigsapper
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 294 Likes on 219 Posts

My bad I spoke to quick. I went back and looked and saw a couple of threads talking about the switch but could not find where someone has actually completed it.

I follow that board pretty close. Had a 2014 RCSB 5.3L running E85.
Dark Star

I was -><- close to putting on a Procharger and decided F the dumbshit and bought a vette.

Get notified of new replies

To LT4 Supercharger Compatibility on L86 Yukon Denali

Quick Reply: LT4 Supercharger Compatibility on L86 Yukon Denali