C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stingray Procharger pulley change?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Max Bet
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Stingray Procharger pulley change?

I installed the Procharger kit on my Stingray about a month ago and I'm happy with the 7psi and the supplied tune for the time being. However, I know I'll want a dyno tune but want to consider additions like meth before doing that.

But my question is this. I see others talking about the next smaller pulley. What advertised boost does this pulley supply to the LT1 and for those who did it, are fuel pump/pressure changes required?

Thanks.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:54 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Bet
I installed the Procharger kit on my Stingray about a month ago and I'm happy with the 7psi and the supplied tune for the time being. However, I know I'll want a dyno tune but want to consider additions like meth before doing that.

But my question is this. I see others talking about the next smaller pulley. What advertised boost does this pulley supply to the LT1 and for those who did it, are fuel pump/pressure changes required?

Thanks.
I will have the 3.6 pulley on my A/A TI set up with only meth for any added fueling to the car. Andy has told me that will be safe with the meth on the car but to hold it to that. I will be happy with that not going all crazy with the c7. Robert
Old 02-12-2017, 08:02 PM
Max Bet
Instructor

Thanks Robert. I am the same with you with not going crazy with the setup.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:07 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

Thanks.
u can always add more power with just a custom tune alone.Your kit now should be a 4.75 pulley
I would recommend a 4.5 pulley and alky meth kit and a custom tune the can tune is only good for what you have now
do u have headers if not i would add a set of ARH to the mix too
Old 02-12-2017, 08:17 PM
Max Bet
Instructor

I'm not certain how a pulley is actually measured, but the actual physical diameter of mine is 4.5 inches (still talking about the pulley). So I will see what the next smaller one is. I understand that I will have to get a custom tune if I do anything beyond. I don't have headers, but I don't believe I want to go that far. I do all my own work, so I would install the meth kit and hand carry the pulley to the tuner. Other than the Procharger kit, I have the Corsa X Pipe and their Xtreme axle back.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:27 PM
blown81bu
Safety Car

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts

I'm not certain how a pulley is actually measured, but the actual physical diameter of mine is 4.5 inches (still talking about the pulley). So I will see what the next smaller one is. I understand that I will have to get a custom tune if I do anything beyond. I don't have headers, but I don't believe I want to go that far. I do all my own work, so I would install the meth kit and hand carry the pulley to the tuner. Other than the Procharger kit, I have the Corsa X Pipe and their Xtreme axle back.
headers really free up some power under boost and w meth your going to make those stock cats unhappy there way up front
but im assuming u have a P1?
Old 02-12-2017, 08:36 PM
Max Bet
Instructor

Yeah, I have a P1. I guess I have have more to consider. I appreciate the information.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:37 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Look on the pulley every one that I have seen has the size of it engraved on it in front are the back of it. But if you did the tape on it that should be 4.5 now. Good luck man but for sure would add the meth kit just to be safe. I may not like it at all but for sure will take it than doing second pump cutting adding a ton of other stuff to do the same thing on the car. Also look at a break out kit for it also cheap for what it does. Robert
Old 02-12-2017, 10:48 PM
Max Bet
Instructor

Thanks again. It says 4 25, so I'm going to assume this measurement is taken from the actual belt groove surface, which make sense.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:16 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,396 Likes on 999 Posts

FYI, also have the base P1 kit on my car. Canned tune = 540 rwhp, 500 rwtq. Dyno tune = 570 rwhp, 530 rwtq. I've contemplated meth+headers+smaller pulley to get just below 700 rwhp (shop I took it to does not charge for dyno tune if the install work is performed by them). That is a fairly large chunk of change though:
$650 methanol kit
$1000-$2000 LT headers (depending on brand)
$100 pulley
$1200 install probably

So $3k-4k total. Not sure I am ready for that step just yet specially since I am at about the limit of traction with stock tires.
The following users liked this post:
Corvey-licious (07-26-2018)
Old 02-13-2017, 11:32 AM
Max Bet
Instructor

Thanks Bruno. I received a similar quote not including the headers. I agree on the traction issue with our stock tires (width). But since I'm a stab and steer kind of a driver and I don't really use the paddle shifters, the A8 doesn't necessarily take me to redline during WOT. My rational is that a couple of lbs of boost would give me more power in a "usable" range.

Get notified of new replies

To Stingray Procharger pulley change?

Quick Reply: Stingray Procharger pulley change?