C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Max effort...Edelbrock e-force

Old 02-12-2017, 05:16 PM
jake higdon!!!!
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Max effort...Edelbrock e-force

looking for info on the max effort potential on my current car. Just purchased a 2014 stingray from an older gentleman ,that had recently installed an edelbfock e force supercharger on. I'm new to roots style blowers (all of my previous cars were turbo or centrifugal style) car currently makes 620 rwhp but I'm wanting more. All stock except blower and cat back. Would like to be around 750 wheel and need info as to what these blowers will support ? Thanks in advance
Old 02-12-2017, 07:08 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by jake higdon!!!!
looking for info on the max effort potential on my current car. Just purchased a 2014 stingray from an older gentleman ,that had recently installed an edelbfock e force supercharger on. I'm new to roots style blowers (all of my previous cars were turbo or centrifugal style) car currently makes 620 rwhp but I'm wanting more. All stock except blower and cat back. Would like to be around 750 wheel and need info as to what these blowers will support ? Thanks in advance
from what ive read 620 rwhp is the limit of the stock Stingray fuel system
Old 02-13-2017, 03:17 AM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,395 Likes on 999 Posts

meth. Search the forum, hundreds of threads on this.
Old 02-13-2017, 08:45 AM
jake higdon!!!!
Racer

unfortunately im not asking the capabilities of the engine. im asking for capabilities of the e force supercharger because i have no experience with them. thank you blue devil for the response .
Old 02-13-2017, 09:05 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 863 Likes on 600 Posts

Originally Posted by jake higdon!!!!
unfortunately im not asking the capabilities of the engine. im asking for capabilities of the e force supercharger because i have no experience with them. thank you blue devil for the response .
If you're talking boost only, no other supporting mods I would say that blower is capabile of 700-750 rwhp but you can't achieve that with the LT1 without fueling help. It is the 2300 blower so it has some grunt.

Last edited by C7&7; 02-13-2017 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:03 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
meth. Search the forum, hundreds of threads on this.
You cant add meth to that blower it will damage it by what the book says on it.

If you ad the lt4 pump and fuel rails and also put a smaller pulley on the top of the blower you should be able to hit close to that.

But if me I would pull that top blower off and put a A/A TI with a 3.6 and over spin that with meth on it with the LT4 pump and LT4 fuel rails. Robert
Old 02-13-2017, 12:35 PM
0Billy@MTI
Former Vendor

Received 263 Likes on 182 Posts

550 is all the LT1 fuel system is good for.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:42 PM
Adam Silver05
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
Robert
What makes this positive displacement blower unique in that regard? None of the blowers are recommended to use with meth and yet many many have used it with success....

Last edited by Adam Silver05; 02-13-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:44 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Adam Silver05
What makes this positive displacement blower unique in that regard? None of the blowers are recommended to use with meth and yet many many have used it with success....
But this one the meth goes right down onto the blade's the front mounts goes into the intake. The meth they say will eat up a coating that is put on those blade's.

Last edited by robert miller; 02-13-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:14 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

First, I would primarily listen to installers/tuners who have real world dyno tuning with the different fuel upgrade options but ill share my experience.

meth is the easiest cheapest way along with a smaller pulley, headers exhaust etc..

Most guys don't hammer their cars to the limit when your tuner will add the meth which is only needed under heavy heavy loads like drag racing etc.. its not like you are going thru a gallon of meth every tank full its more like a gallon a month if that in reality depending on how much you drive your car and hammer on it as well.

That said the meth will eventually eat up most if not all blower types in time. How much time? depends on how hard you hammer on the engine which like I said most guys rarely use more then 450-500 hp and usually only for brief bursts since that kinda power will blow the tires loose anyway and be super loud getting you all sorts of unwanted police action.

I'm running meth on my eforce 2016 model with headers exhaust and will live with the consequences down the line. since I rarely have the open road or the traction to use that much power anyway except at the dragstrip which I see myself only doing that a few times a year I doubt I will ever see any issues with it in reality.

Again when tuned right the meth only injects under heavy load which most guys rarely use on the street.

best option is to upgrade you fuel system which each year seems to be more options in that area versus a few years ago which was cam upgrade to get you there now the options have gotten better less intrusive.
again look to tuners/installers who have more experience then just guys talking out loud "like me",,,,,lol. paul
Old 02-13-2017, 09:39 PM
BrunoTheMellow
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,395 Likes on 999 Posts

If you ad the lt4 pump and fuel rails and also put a smaller pulley on the top of the blower you should be able to hit close to that.

But if me I would pull that top blower off and put a A/A TI with a 3.6 and over spin that with meth on it with the LT4 pump and LT4 fuel rails. Robert
about an hour of research, can't find where Meth has actually been proven to damage pd blowers other than the edelbrock's word about not using it and the fact that it just strips off the coating on the rotor. How interesting. It apparently does not have a large ill effect on power though. This is not an issue with other pd blowers as its been done for years. Many people across several platforms are doing it with other superchargers. But that's only my quick research. I wonder if anyone has proof of eforce damage.

Last edited by BrunoTheMellow; 02-13-2017 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:40 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BrunoTheMellow
about an hour of research, can't find where Meth has actually been proven to damage pd blowers other than the edelbrock's word about not using it and the fact that it just strips off the coating on the rotor. How interesting. It apparently does not have a large ill effect on power though. This is not an issue with other pd blowers as its been done for years. Many people across several platforms are doing it with other superchargers. But that's only my quick research. I wonder if anyone has proof of eforce damage.
Cant say but in the c5 don't know how true it was but some guy did a post that they wouldn't do are turn down war work on one that they said had it tested and came back from that it the guy had did meth on it. Plus that guy said it was still under war work to be done on it.

I not saying here one way are the other just saying from the factory paper work and what was post and said in the past.

I will say again that meth is the cheapest way to put power to these cars. But also I know the stuff will damage anything that it sets in for any amount of time. But yes I will use it in the c7 washer tank for the help in the car. Robert

Last edited by robert miller; 02-13-2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:55 PM
jake higdon!!!!
Racer

I think for now I've decided to pulley down /meth and log tubes. Hopefully that will get me where I want to be for a while
Old 03-16-2017, 03:41 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Why not have a word with someone like nitrous express and see if the can't do a direct poker like they do for the LT4 supercharger lids. That way nothing is going through the blower (other than air). You could maybe evan add one of thier N2O systems for a little extra power / cooling.

Here is their billet lid and n2o / direct port meth system for the lt4: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...arger-lid.html

Last edited by chuntington101; 03-16-2017 at 03:43 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:42 AM
T/A KID
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by chuntington101
Why not have a word with someone like nitrous express and see if the can't do a direct poker like they do for the LT4 supercharger lids. That way nothing is going through the blower (other than air). You could maybe evan add one of thier N2O systems for a little extra power / cooling.

Here is their billet lid and n2o / direct port meth system for the lt4: https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...arger-lid.html
The runners are separate from the housing of the blower and actually a perfect spot to add n20 or meth, etc
Old 03-16-2017, 04:26 PM
Seannyc
Drifting

Received 59 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
The runners are separate from the housing of the blower and actually a perfect spot to add n20 or meth, etc
so meth is safe for the LT4 blower ? Compared to the eforce

Last edited by Seannyc; 03-16-2017 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:03 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Seannyc
so meth is safe for the LT4 blower ? Compared to the eforce
Only thing I know the eforce says it has a coating on it & the meth will eat that off. No war on the eforce if meth is put thur the blower.

Just give eforce a call and ask them on it. That is you guys with eforce units on the car.

Get notified of new replies

To Max effort...Edelbrock e-force

Old 03-17-2017, 12:14 AM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

Only thing I know the eforce says it has a coating on it & the meth will eat that off. No war on the eforce if meth is put thur the blower.

Just give eforce a call and ask them on it. That is you guys with eforce units on the car.
I have an E force and was told the same thing about meth by Edelbrock
Old 03-17-2017, 03:41 AM
chuntington101
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by T/A KID
Yeah that would be the ideal location, as close to the ports as possible. Is anyone actually offering I direct port meth kit though? The only ones I have seen are spraying pre intercooler bricks (loose some of the benefits as the intercoolers aren't doing their share of the cooling / the n2o / meth is cooling the intercooler bricks rather than the air!).
Old 03-18-2017, 08:59 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Originally Posted by BlueDevilZ51
I have an E force and was told the same thing about meth by Edelbrock
I called also this Friday and was told if they got one back from a customer from the coated are the and part of what meth would r could damage. They had a simple text & if any type of meth is in on parts the warr was & will be turn down. The guy also said over time it would break down the coating on parts. Robert

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Max effort...Edelbrock e-force