C7 Forced Induction/Nitrous C7 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous + fueling - Some questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 12:02 AM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Nitrous + fueling - Some questions

So I have a '17 Camaro but I'm posting on CF as you folks have had 2 extra years with the LT1 engine and it seems Camaro6 hasn't really done many threads etc with nitrous...

Here's my plan...

I don't really want to do forced induction as the car is a 1LE and I'm looking to HPDE it pretty often. As such, I'd like a linear style powerband without instant-onset torque... so therefore I'd like a heads/cam setup

However I will also occasionally do 1/4-1/3 mile events. So I'd like an extra bit of punch... You can see where this is going.

So I figure with the head/cam setup the car *should* make at least 550whp with E85... I'd like to put a 150shot on top...

What fueling will I need to handle 700-750whp I'll be getting out of the car?
Old 03-14-2017, 08:39 AM
Elite275
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 61 Posts

You're definitely in the ballpark on your power predictions. I started out heads, cam, longtubes, ported intake and E85 and was sitting at 550rwhp. I later added a supercharger and meth and it provides a linear power band sitting at 750rwhp. This obviously may not be the best for your HPDE events and overheating though. The heads/cam still pulled like a freight train.

You may want to contact a few vendors directly that have experience with the setup you're looking for. Cordes out west, or Vengeance Racing or WeaponX in the Midwest.
Old 03-14-2017, 09:54 AM
C7&7
Le Mans Master

Received 865 Likes on 601 Posts

Originally Posted by RideZX6R
So I have a '17 Camaro but I'm posting on CF as you folks have had 2 extra years with the LT1 engine and it seems Camaro6 hasn't really done many threads etc with nitrous...

Here's my plan...

I don't really want to do forced induction as the car is a 1LE and I'm looking to HPDE it pretty often. As such, I'd like a linear style powerband without instant-onset torque... so therefore I'd like a heads/cam setup

However I will also occasionally do 1/4-1/3 mile events. So I'd like an extra bit of punch... You can see where this is going.

So I figure with the head/cam setup the car *should* make at least 550whp with E85... I'd like to put a 150shot on top...

Well if you do a 150 wet kit and a stand alone fuel cell that will be the added fueling that you'll need. Run c16 in the fuel cell. You will have the overdrive on the fuel lobe from your cam install so that will help on the high pressure side. Maybe do LT4 pump and injectors for good measure when you're in there? Although 550 wheel on E85 will be just fine if you overdrive the HPFP and on the spray just run a stand alone cell and you won't run into any low pressure side issues.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:16 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Here's my plan...

Your best bet would be to do one of our heads/cam packages and overdrive the stock LT1 pump. I do this on my LT1 427 and it makes 612whp on motor with the proper necessities and then run a fuel cell in the cubby in the hatch with a direct port, so you have Q16 spraying with that and you can run E85 regularly

Let me know if you'd like to setup a package!

This was before we shaved the manifold lettering, but you get the idea with the direct port lines and MSD manifold

Old 03-14-2017, 04:48 PM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ben@WeaponX
Your best bet would be to do one of our heads/cam packages and overdrive the stock LT1 pump. I do this on my LT1 427 and it makes 612whp on motor with the proper necessities and then run a fuel cell in the cubby in the hatch with a direct port, so you have Q16 spraying with that and you can run E85 regularly

Let me know if you'd like to setup a package!

This was before we shaved the manifold lettering, but you get the idea with the direct port lines and MSD manifold
So just to make sure I'm reading this right...

You're saying I can do the fuel lobe upgrade on the cam, and then just a standalone fuel cell and pump and no other fuel mods are needed (IE not LT4 pump/injector swap) ?
Old 03-14-2017, 05:37 PM
Ben@WeaponX
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

So just to make sure I'm reading this right...

You're saying I can do the fuel lobe upgrade on the cam, and then just a standalone fuel cell and pump and no other fuel mods are needed (IE not LT4 pump/injector swap) ?
That's correct, it's enough for me for e85 on motor and over 900whp on nitrous but I'd turn the shot down on stock internals
Old 03-14-2017, 11:59 PM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Ben@WeaponX
That's correct, it's enough for me for e85 on motor and over 900whp on nitrous but I'd turn the shot down on stock internals
Of course hehe.

Who currently sells a standalone fuel setup as dicussed?
Old 03-15-2017, 10:22 AM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

This is our new C7 Dedicated Fuel System. It fits nicely down into the rear cubby hole. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.nitrousoutlet.com/dedicat...el-system.html
The following users liked this post:
RideZX6R (03-20-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 02:06 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet

This is our new C7 Dedicated Fuel System. It fits nicely down into the rear cubby hole. Let me know if you have any questions.

Any issue with straight M1 methanol in that tank?
I'd like to use that for a meth kit...

Last edited by ajrothm; 03-16-2017 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:07 PM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Unfortunately, these tanks are not methanol compatible. The tank itself is made out of aluminum. You will want a plastic tank.
The following 2 users liked this post by NitrousOutlet:
ajrothm (03-16-2017), RideZX6R (03-20-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 10:06 PM
RideZX6R
Melting Slicks

Looks great - As I said in the OP, I have a 6th Gen Camaro ('17 1LE) - Any likelihood you'll make a tank/system for them?

Originally Posted by NitrousOutlet

Old 03-21-2017, 11:02 AM
0NitrousOutlet
Former Vendor

Looks great - As I said in the OP, I have a 6th Gen Camaro ('17 1LE) - Any likelihood you'll make a tank/system for them?
Eventually, yes it is in the works. Unfortunately, we're in the busy time of the year and I'm not exactly sure when we will be getting a car in to design it. I will send you a PM and all you have to do is give me your contact info and we will reach out to you as soon as they are ready.

Thanks!

Get notified of new replies

To Nitrous + fueling - Some questions

Quick Reply: Nitrous + fueling - Some questions