Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Corvette Centennial Concept

Old 02-11-2009, 01:03 PM
C6Someday
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Corvette Centennial Concept

Official pictures, this will be the Vette in the upcoming Transformers film.

Enjoy the pics, credit goes to Autoblog over where I found them. I'm also a firm believer that the C7 will take a load of design cues from this concept including that ultra agressive rear-end.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:56 PM
MerlinZero
1st Gear

This is absolutely incredible
Old 02-11-2009, 06:50 PM
Quil
Drifting

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
C2 of the Year Finalist - Modified 2020

I see a lot of C3 in that.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:56 PM
rideintothesun
Intermediate

im not feeling this at all, totally ruined it for me
Old 02-12-2009, 12:04 PM
ST Graveyard
Instructor

http://www.autowereld.com/autonieuws...p?artikel=7520

This car is absolutely gorgeous! Finally!
Old 02-12-2009, 01:23 PM
SS MPSTR
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Uglier than a bag of a$$**les after all the pretty ones picked out. Absolutely repulsive.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:15 PM
ST Graveyard
Instructor

People that completely badmouth this car just don't get it in my opinion...
To me, this is what the industry needs. The Corvette has always been depicted as "America's Sportscar". Well, design wise, the C4, C5 and C6 are not really much to talk about. Don't get me wrong, I love Corvettes with all my heart, and the later models are fantastic cars (especially the engine), but the design just can't compete anymore with the old Vettes. Those car made a difference, the new models really don't.

However, this concept. My god, I love it. It should be toned down, but just a little. Add the typical 4 lights at the back. Leave the rest. The sideview is simply breathtaking. If they would put in a ZR1 engine in this thing, in my opinion it can compete with things like a Reventon.

Mr Mitchell is smiling in his grave. And I bet mr Shinoda loves it too!
Thank you GM, you finally did it again. This is the most beautiful design coming from the USA since the first Viper!

I just hope the C7 looks like it, and is as in your face as this one. That is part of what Corvette is about!

just my 2 cents.

Maarten
Old 02-15-2009, 04:13 PM
JMc
Le Mans Master

Location: "This is not a psychotic episode, but a cleansing moment of clarity."
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ST Graveyard
People that completely badmouth this car just don't get it in my opinion...
To me, this is what the industry needs. The Corvette has always been depicted as "America's Sportscar". Well, design wise, the C4, C5 and C6 are not really much to talk about. Don't get me wrong, I love Corvettes with all my heart, and the later models are fantastic cars (especially the engine), but the design just can't compete anymore with the old Vettes. Those car made a difference, the new models really don't.

However, this concept. My god, I love it. It should be toned down, but just a little. Add the typical 4 lights at the back. Leave the rest. The sideview is simply breathtaking. If they would put in a ZR1 engine in this thing, in my opinion it can compete with things like a Reventon.

Mr Mitchell is smiling in his grave. And I bet mr Shinoda loves it too!
Thank you GM, you finally did it again. This is the most beautiful design coming from the USA since the first Viper!

I just hope the C7 looks like it, and is as in your face as this one. That is part of what Corvette is about!

just my 2 cents.

Maarten
Totally. For the haters, if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen. I for one, am RELIEVED to see a new, radical, forward-thinking design that blasts the Corvette into the 21st Century, at last. There's only so much "retro" that will fly. This one keeps it to a minimum and totally redefines the car at the same time. If you hate this one, then you must hate a lot of other Euro supercars as well.

Picturing this thing in black... Wow.
Old 02-19-2009, 04:56 PM
Z06wanted
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like the Batmobile.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:06 PM
reindb
Instructor

Default I'd buy one.

That is gorgeous.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:18 PM
XotiK ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great for the movie... but you know it is a little weird for me. It does not have the appeal of the C5 or the C6.

They could be onto something with some smoothing of the lines and a little less batmobile.
Old 02-23-2009, 01:49 PM
-vet
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default the second coming...

Unfortunately it will take a lot more than a new Corvette to save GM. Still the Sideswipe has an absolutely mesmerizing look about it. The side profile is superb. I agree with what was said about the back needing to be toned down but for long time Corvette owners this is like the second coming of Bill Mitchell. I can see Stingray racer, the Corvette SS, split window coupe and a Mako Shark all woven into a 21st century dream machine...
It is not for nothing that the Stingray racer was Ed Welburn's favourite car from DAY 1 on the job at GM. He was the one who insisted that the '59 Stingray be refurbished and restored to the jewel that it is today.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:13 PM
Blue Angel
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The way the front fenders interface with the grille panel needs alot of work... not liking those leftover gaps/crevaces.

The rear shows promise, but lacks support for the quad round tail lights. Needs work.

Side profile looks great.

To "production-ize" this body the greenhouse needs to get wider and the side windows need to stand at a more upright angle. This will drive into the top of the door as well, removing alot of drama from the fender-2-door interface. Rear fenders would need to come down a bit.

A real challenge would be to make a pointed front end like that meed the 5mph bumper requirements. That's a pretty small area to absorb an impact.

I like most of the concept's styling direction, but I think to make that into a practical everyday Corvette would kill most of what makes it look so good. Too hard to package IMO.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:23 PM
andy82
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Old 02-25-2009, 02:38 AM
C6roadster
Burning Brakes

Default Omg!!!!

That thing is Georgous!

I totally agree with ST Graveyard ........ and this is just where the 21st century Corvette needs to go; tone it down a bit??? How about, ever so slightly, maybe! THAT CAR IS HOT~
I'm having my 08 converted into a Callaway next month; now after seeing this; OH GOD, PLS DONT MAKE THIS CAR TOO SOON! My wife will MOST CERTAINLY divorce me AFTER she SHOOTS me for sure!
Yes Sir, that car with LS7 as the base motor, available in auto or manual-WOW, A NO-BRAINER!
Hmmmmm. Can you imagine that in a convertible???

My .02 cents too!
Old 02-26-2009, 09:06 PM
aspenz06
Instructor

Default Say it aint so!

Oh please tell me this is not what GM thinks is the future of an American automotive icon! I know that it is just a "concept" right now, but this is a bit over the top. Too many angles. If folks want to throw in the Euro supercars into this equation, my opinion is that a Ferrari, Lambo, or Konnegsegg makes this look like crap. Those cars angles and creases are there for a reason...function. But this car looks like it was MADE for a movie part. Batmobile does come to mind. Don't get me wrong, I am a Corvette guy through and through. I have had a '69 and love the body style of that and also love the look of my current C5. The C6 Z06 is like art to me. I hope that GM does some market research before they get too much farther into this. They tried to do a futuristic look with some retro styling. In my opinion I don't think that it worked out too well. Oh well, just my opinion.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:20 PM
dingrao
Burning Brakes

Received 324 Likes on 106 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I think it's very, very cool!

While I would change a few things, (The headlights look to much like a Japanese Sports car, IMO) I think it's badass looking. Imagine that in Black....

Wow!

Get notified of new replies

To 2009 Corvette Centennial Concept

Old 03-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Blue by U
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Pretty cool. Not a fan of the front grill.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:33 PM
Stifun
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a fan of the new Concept the current one looks amazing they should just improve it and not go all retro with this Concept Vette.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Carbon_77
5th Gear

Looks great!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 Corvette Centennial Concept