Sponsored by:

Visibility - Let's Hope It's Better Than the Show Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:26 PM
Michael A
Le Mans Master

Received 2,919 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Default Visibility - Let's Hope It's Better Than the Show Car

Based on what I have seen with the show car, it appears the C7 outward visibility is going to be atrocious. I don't see what the appeal is of these small windows. I think it looks goofy, and, of course, hurts the function of the car. The show car looks out of proportion with the small window height. You've got a big fat body, with this little greenhouse stuck on top. I like the visibility of my C5, and would like to see something similar for the C7.

Michael
Old 01-31-2010, 05:00 PM
behardt91
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to remember that corvette concepts always go a little bit overboard. It's just GM's way of giving you a hint of what the real car will be but not giving everything away. The curves on the concept car look very nice to me but I'm sure GM will do away with the tiny mirrors and out of proportion windows like you said. I don't think the new vette will have those goofy holes in the front and back either. The real car should be much better...I'm hoping they keep the split rear window too as long it looks a little cleaner in the real car.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:28 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Corvette has always pushed the limits of automotive technology so whatever the rear design choices are I'm sure something as simple as backup/rear view cameras can overcome design features that will probably be state of the art in the eyes of 2017 car buyers.

Get notified of new replies

To Visibility - Let's Hope It's Better Than the Show Car

Quick Reply: Visibility - Let's Hope It's Better Than the Show Car