Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A note to Vette Engineers C7 & C8

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 10:19 AM
scrannel
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NOTE TO VETTE ENGINEERS: Make the best damn car you can. Thanks (If "traditionalist" want the old car, there's always plenty on Ebay).
Old 05-23-2010, 04:40 PM
stic5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scrannel
NOTE TO VETTE ENGINEERS: Make the best damn car you can. Thanks (If "traditionalist" want the old car, there's always plenty on Ebay).

I love the V8 engine, it's the one feature I would like to hang on to if at all possible, but at the end of the day I just want an affordable, attractive car that can hang with Porsches and Ferraris.

Last edited by stic5; 05-23-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:15 PM
HUSKER-Z
Pro

Fudge it all. Give me my g'd@#n v-8, or else.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:38 AM
g9m3c
Instructor

GOD, would you people please stop reading these stupid articles and thinking them to be straight from GM? When actual spy shots or drawings are leaked, you will know it. Until then, every auto mag in the world will publish their version of the Transformers car.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:57 PM
scrannel
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by g9m3c
GOD, would you people please stop reading these stupid articles and thinking them to be straight from GM? When actual spy shots or drawings are leaked, you will know it. Until then, every auto mag in the world will publish their version of the Transformers car.
Huh? This is just a discussion about front engine vs. mid engine. No one cares or is pretending that any "spy shots" are genuine or not. The debate of mid-engine Corvette vs. front has been around for a long time. We're just riffing on it. We aren't allowed?
Old 05-30-2010, 09:11 PM
g9m3c
Instructor

Originally Posted by scrannel
Huh? This is just a discussion about front engine vs. mid engine. No one cares or is pretending that any "spy shots" are genuine or not. The debate of mid-engine Corvette vs. front has been around for a long time. We're just riffing on it. We aren't allowed?

That debate is fine. The thing I am tired of is the thinking that these articles are mostly factual and that the C7 (more surprisingly, the C8) has already been mostly designed and decided upon. We know NOTHING for certain about these cars. It's fun to speculate, but don't get "worried" or "concerned" about what auto magazines think will be the next Vette.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:54 AM
Skullbussa
Pro

Received 182 Likes on 76 Posts

Originally Posted by Donn Malwick
the C-8 (would have been C-7 if not for Bankruptcy) is planned to be mid-engine V-6 THIS IS A PROBLEM- Vette is an American Sports Car-REMEMBER who buys them-AMERICANS WHO WANT A V8 FRONT ENGINE REAR DRIVE NOT A EUROPEAN SPORTS CAR.

No, Americans want the best performing car for the money. I don't give a **** if the engine is behind me or in front of me.

Sounds like you're driving a Corvette for all the wrong reasons. Why not just buy a Camaro if you're only interested in flag-waving, chest-beating and not what should be the bottom line: the best performing car possible.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:55 PM
Sinking
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I drive my C5Z I can't help but think the feel would be greatly improved with a mid engine, cab forward design with less obtrusive A pillars (they aren't that bad as is).

Quick Reply: A note to Vette Engineers C7 & C8