C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does this mean the C7 may come sooner and be worthy??

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Does this mean the C7 may come sooner and be worthy??

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/04/21/gm-pays-debt/
Old 04-21-2010, 12:49 PM
vant
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt this changes anything regarding the C7. GM hasn't dug themselves out of the hole yet, far from it. Read the rest of the article...

"GM still owes $45.3 billion to the U.S. and $8.1 billion to Canada, money it received in exchange for large stakes in the company. The U.S. government now owns 61 percent of the company and Canada owns roughly 12 percent. GM plans to repay both with a public stock offering, perhaps later this year."

I still think the C7 will simply be a re-bodied and warmed-over C6. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, all things considered. If true, however, then it really shouldn't be labeled as a whole new generation but rather a continuation of the 6th gen, IMO.

I'm not sure if you consider a C6.5 "worthy", but I believe that's what we're going to get. And I wouldn't expect it earlier than the 2013 model year.
Old 04-21-2010, 01:51 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by vant
I doubt this changes anything regarding the C7. GM hasn't dug themselves out of the hole yet, far from it. Read the rest of the article...

"GM still owes $45.3 billion to the U.S. and $8.1 billion to Canada, money it received in exchange for large stakes in the company. The U.S. government now owns 61 percent of the company and Canada owns roughly 12 percent. GM plans to repay both with a public stock offering, perhaps later this year."

I still think the C7 will simply be a re-bodied and warmed-over C6. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing necessarily wrong with that, all things considered. If true, however, then it really shouldn't be labeled as a whole new generation but rather a continuation of the 6th gen, IMO.

I'm not sure if you consider a C6.5 "worthy", but I believe that's what we're going to get. And I wouldn't expect it earlier than the 2013 model year.
Well said, and I would rather have a vette that is similar to the C6 than the C7 pics that have been circulating...
Old 04-22-2010, 12:49 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vant

At best. I don't see them worrying about C7 when the C6 sales (and sales in general) are still in the toilet. Sales will not turn until jobs come back and Obama is telling us that 10% unemployment is the new norm. He's now looking at a VAT which could be 20% adding $10k to the price of a vette. That will fire up sales for sure. Thanks Obama!!
Old 04-22-2010, 05:42 PM
SSphantom
Instructor

Originally Posted by goatts
At best. I don't see them worrying about C7 when the C6 sales (and sales in general) are still in the toilet. Sales will not turn until jobs come back and Obama is telling us that 10% unemployment is the new norm. He's now looking at a VAT which could be 20% adding $10k to the price of a vette. That will fire up sales for sure. Thanks Obama!!
Exactly when the C7 will be here is unknown, but I'm sure it will be much better than the current C6, even if it's just a stop gap for now.

And for the record, Obama is not considering a VAT, nor was he ever. There is a bipartisan fiscal commission in place that is looking for ways to decrease the deficit and a VAT came up in their discussion...Obama never mentioned this. This means that both Republicans and Democrats are reviewing the issue.

Obama has never stated he was even considering this and neither group is fond of it. But of course, there are groups of people that are running with the idea and blowing it out of proportion.

Don't believe everything you hear on Fox.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:31 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Originally Posted by SSphantom
Exactly when the C7 will be here is unknown, but I'm sure it will be much better than the current C6, even if it's just a stop gap for now.

And for the record, Obama is not considering a VAT, nor was he ever. There is a bipartisan fiscal commission in place that is looking for ways to decrease the deficit and a VAT came up in their discussion...Obama never mentioned this. This means that both Republicans and Democrats are reviewing the issue.

Obama has never stated he was even considering this and neither group is fond of it. But of course, there are groups of people that are running with the idea and blowing it out of proportion.

He's using the commission to shield him. Read this:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100421/...e/us_obama_tax

He will support it after he's finished taking over the private sector. Remember I said that. He's going to tax us until our eyes bleed. But hey, I have an idea, how about we cut the size of government by 50%. I'm over taxed now, don't need no VAT but it's coming. The Democrats (I guess you're one) can't help themselves.
Old 04-22-2010, 09:09 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

why does every thread in the C7 section have to turn political? Don't we have a PR&C sub forum for that?
Old 04-23-2010, 05:43 AM
richard maquire
Advanced

i hope the C7 is teh best it can possibly be as a under developed C7 will not help their sales
Old 04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Originally Posted by z edge
why does every thread in the C7 section have to turn political? Don't we have a PR&C sub forum for that?
Because our vettes are made by a company that was taken over by Obama and there was an article that said he will be targeting high perf cars. What color would like your new battery powered "green" vette in.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:39 PM
mustclime
Drifting

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Post reported to Fox......expect a story about hookers, sheep and yourself shortly..........
Old 04-23-2010, 06:54 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Because our vettes are made by a company that was taken over by Obama and there was an article that said he will be targeting high perf cars. What color would like your new battery powered "green" vette in.
I got my azz handed to me in my 435hp C6 by Tesla from a standing start. Tell me again how terrible that battery powered Car Of The Future is going to be.

It may be a toaster's first cousin, but it is one bad fast toaster.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:14 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller
I got my azz handed to me in my 435hp C6 by Tesla from a standing start. Tell me again how terrible that battery powered Car Of The Future is going to be.

It may be a toaster's first cousin, but it is one bad fast toaster.
I will tell you this. I want the free market to decide. Not our pompous arrogant president or some government bureaucrat. Govn't screws up everything it touches. CAFE standards are bad enough.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:25 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

Still, this is the C7 section not PR&C. I, hopefully along with others, have a genuine interest in the C7. IDGAF about politics. Why not save the political banter for the proper forum? This political BS is in all of the forums, C5, C6, C7, OT, etc. Isn't there someplace we can go and just talk about Corvettes without "Obama" or "Government Motors" topics showing up?
Old 04-23-2010, 09:07 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

stock vette should be a very good race for the tesla

electric motors have "instant torq" and yes from a dig the tesla will move out

try him again over 120
Old 04-24-2010, 03:25 AM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will tell you this. I want the free market to decide. Not our pompous arrogant president or some government bureaucrat. Govn't screws up everything it touches. CAFE standards are bad enough.
Because trying not to destroy the air for no reason is a bad idea, i mean the cats nowadays rob you of what, like 600hp? Because the big three were progressing so fast with technology before they got this kick in the butt and realized pressure is finally on? Because a 440's six pack carb that dumps 30% unburned fuel straight into the air below 3,000 rpms is a good thing? its called Paaaaaaaagwession!!!

And yeah dunno what happened a Tesela very well will keep up with you to about 70, after that you shoulda ran away from him.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:17 AM
goatts
Safety Car

Originally Posted by McGirk94LT1
Because trying not to destroy the air for no reason is a bad idea, i mean the cats nowadays rob you of what, like 600hp? Because the big three were progressing so fast with technology before they got this kick in the butt and realized pressure is finally on? Because a 440's six pack carb that dumps 30% unburned fuel straight into the air below 3,000 rpms is a good thing? its called Paaaaaaaagwession!!!

And yeah dunno what happened a Tesela very well will keep up with you to about 70, after that you shoulda ran away from him.
Because it drives up the price of the cars and satisfies the environmentalist wackos. That's all it does. Obama is telling everyone from wall street to the insurance companies how to run their businesses and he's never even run a lemonade stand.

Name one thing the government does well besides the military. I want them to leave me alone. The govn't should be involved in protecting us but it's expanded out of control. It's called tyranny.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:09 PM
SSphantom
Instructor

Because it drives up the price of the cars and satisfies the environmentalist wackos. That's all it does. Obama is telling everyone from wall street to the insurance companies how to run their businesses and he's never even run a lemonade stand.

Name one thing the government does well besides the military. I want them to leave me alone. The govn't should be involved in protecting us but it's expanded out of control. It's called tyranny.
I'm not saying there is a perfect way to fix this economical mess either, but Obama has been in office for less than a year and you are criticizing him despite the mess that Bush put this country in over an 8 year period? Come on man! I don't want to come out of pocket for any more than you, but things need to change.

Just because this country has done things the same way for so many years does not mean it was right.

Let's get real. Fossil fuel energy is not the future. Sure, it's renewable, but when it takes millions of years for it to turn into oil, you or your children or your children's children won't even be around to pump it into their cars. We are using it much quicker than we are producing it.

Obama isn't trying to take over the private sector, he is trying to regulate it, which hasn't been done for the past 30 years. If you really think the private sector has any responsibility, you're kidding yourself. That in itself is a whole other discussion.

Maybe Obama has never run a lemonade stand, but you have never run a country, especially one that is in the worst economic state probably in your lifetime. Any what has Bush done that is so worthy or running a country? His background was a joke, ridding on shoulders of Bush Sr.

Back to the point...You always bring up politics when it's not needed. Stay on topic. Until it happens, then complain or write your Congressman before hand. Why pump the air with negative information, when you really don't have anything to support it. I'm not trying to be a douche, but if you want to debate politics, bring some facts to the table, not a bunch of hoopla. I'm an American too and I want the best for my family as well, but if you really want the best, look at both sides, not just whatever is cool to bitch about.

Enjoy your Corvette. Corvettes ain't going anywhere.

Get notified of new replies

To Does this mean the C7 may come sooner and be worthy??

Old 04-24-2010, 04:51 PM
goatts
Safety Car

I'm not saying there is a perfect way to fix this economical mess either, but Obama has been in office for less than a year and you are criticizing him despite the mess that Bush put this country in over an 8 year period? Come on man! I don't want to come out of pocket for any more than you, but things need to change.

Just because this country has done things the same way for so many years does not mean it was right.

Let's get real. Fossil fuel energy is not the future. Sure, it's renewable, but when it takes millions of years for it to turn into oil, you or your children or your children's children won't even be around to pump it into their cars. We are using it much quicker than we are producing it.

Obama isn't trying to take over the private sector, he is trying to regulate it, which hasn't been done for the past 30 years. If you really think the private sector has any responsibility, you're kidding yourself. That in itself is a whole other discussion.

Maybe Obama has never run a lemonade stand, but you have never run a country, especially one that is in the worst economic state probably in your lifetime. Any what has Bush done that is so worthy or running a country? His background was a joke, ridding on shoulders of Bush Sr.

Enjoy your Corvette. Corvettes ain't going anywhere.
There is way to fix this. Cut govn't in half. Bush kept us safe, other than that he increased the size of govn't and I'm no fan of govn't.

Let the free market decide what fuel we use. You don't sound like a radical. Obama is left of liberal, he's a radical and he does want to take over the private sector. You've drank the kool aid so I guess you can't see it.

On the one hand Obama has a deficit commission and on the other hand he and congress continue to spend. Why is he doing all this spending? What's it getting us?

I haven't run a country but I have a brain.

You don't think vettes are going anywhere? Obama doesn't like your vette and he doesn't care what you want. Read this:

http://pb.nbm.com/newsletter/nhtsa-d...mance-vehicles
Old 04-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Sir_Dingo
Advanced

Bush kept us safe, other than that he increased the size of govn't and I'm no fan of govn't.

Obama is left of liberal, he's a radical and he does want to take over the private sector.

LOL Bush kept us safe

Uh...only the biggest Terrorist attack in the history of this country happened while he was in office. And the month before, George took his first vacation, one flipping month off to clear brush in Texas. Must be nice needing a 4 week vacation after only being on the job for 7+ months. And on that vacation clearing brush, the CIA was telling him that middle eastern suicide bombers were looking at using airliners as weapons.

Thanks Bush, you did a great job protecting us there.

I am no fan of either party, they are both the same, and controlled by the big corporations. We don't live in a democracy, but a Corporatacracy. And Obama is not left of Liberal, he is more of a centrist, I know alot of Progressives and Liberals who are upset with Obama being too middle of the road.

Bottom line, without Bush and Obama giving GM loans, the Corvette would have died in 2008. Soon GM will pay off the US Govt loans, and be back in control 100%.
Old 04-25-2010, 07:32 PM
goatts
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Sir_Dingo
LOL Bush kept us safe

Uh...only the biggest Terrorist attack in the history of this country happened while he was in office. And the month before, George took his first vacation, one flipping month off to clear brush in Texas. Must be nice needing a 4 week vacation after only being on the job for 7+ months. And on that vacation clearing brush, the CIA was telling him that middle eastern suicide bombers were looking at using airliners as weapons.
That's a cheap shot even for a liberal. Who would have ever thought in their worst nightmare that two airliners full of passengers would be flown into the world trade centers. After that we were not attacked again. Obama's playing golf twice a week (not including basketball and drunken white house parties) while we all go to hell in a handbasket.

You must be the only person in the country that thinks Obama is a centrist.

Last edited by goatts; 04-25-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Does this mean the C7 may come sooner and be worthy??