Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Could this be it..

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 AM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

maybe it will look better in person, but for now....NO THANKS!!!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by CorvetteCoop
You're right. Look at the exhaust pipes, they are clearly different. Also look at the camo patterns above the exhaust.

http://jalopnik.com/5877481/2014-che...rolet-corvette
Must be a performance exhaust option or something.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:04 AM
Senna1994
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Great job Ray Wert and Jalopnik.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:08 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Jalopnik got it!
Old 01-19-2012, 10:09 AM
phatman
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at how much snow is on the ground. I realize you have to test cars in all weather conditions, however, I think we maybe looking at the 1st awd Corvette! If this is the case, I will wait for the following year, just to make sure the system is good. After that, I will purchase a C7! I am full of anticipation now! Everyone who says they don't like Jalopnik's rendition of the C7 will eventually fall in love once the performance numbers come out. The C6 is still the bench mark of performance, so just imagine how far advance GM will make the C7.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:10 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Originally Posted by phatman
Look at how much snow is on the ground. I realize you have to test cars in all weather conditions, however, I think we maybe looking at the 1st awd Corvette! If this is the case, I will wait for the following year, just to make sure the system is good. After that, I will purchase a C7! I am full of anticipation now! Everyone who says they don't like Jalopnik's rendition of the C7 will eventually fall in love once the performance numbers come out. The C6 is still the bench mark of performance, so just imagine how far advance GM will make the C7.
No... it's not AWD. They test all of them in extreme conditions from Alaska to Death Valley.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:14 AM
rpanesar
Melting Slicks

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I knew the Jalopnik render would be close and it is. No thanks....even though the interior may be nice on it, the exterior does not do much for me at all. I love how my current Z06 looks! I'll just mod its exterior and interior to hold me off unitl the C8 or I will move onto something else.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:18 AM
uxojerry
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Inside Line has a lot of spy shots of the C7 with camo. To me there is know doubt that underneath the Camo, is the Jalopnik car. Im very happy about that. Im custom building a C2 and if the C7 had been the Transformers car, I would have regretted my C2 decision. GM ought to just call this car the C6A1 instead of C7. It is not revolutionary or a transformation to say the least.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:24 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Originally Posted by uxojerry
GM ought to just call this car the C6A1 instead of C7. It is not revolutionary or a transformation to say the least.
Just like everyone said the C6 should be the C5.5
Old 01-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Mr.Chevy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

!!

Old 01-19-2012, 10:31 AM
mitchydkid
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

For years I've been saying that if the C7 looks like the Stingray Concept (transformers) I will not buy a C7. Now that it is apparent that Jalopnik was correct.. I WISH the C7 looked like the Stingray. Looks like my next car will not be a C7.. and that makes me very sad.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:32 AM
chaase
Team Owner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by EVL JAKE
That's it and judging by the shape and style of the wheels in the last couple pics, it looks a hell of a lot like the jalopnik renderings.

Look at the front profile and head lights, dead on.

I don't agree. The rear end and b-pillar are much chunkier on the renderings. The rear 1/4 panels are tighter to the cockpit. The cloth makes it look bulkier than it really is. The rendering has it much more pronounced. The front end comes to a point sooner on the rendering. The spy shot has a bit more of a stub nose. It looks a lot like the C6 front end.

The rear fascia in the spy shot is basically a C6 fascia, just with something funny with the tail lights. In the rednering, that is a Camaro rear. My guess is that there is still a lot of C6 parts on that.

Last edited by chaase; 01-19-2012 at 10:36 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:33 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Originally Posted by mitchydkid
For years I've been saying that if the C7 looks like the Stingray Concept (transformers) I will not buy a C7. Now that it is apparent that Jalopnik was correct.. I WISH the C7 looked like the Stingray. Looks like my next car will not be a C7.. and that makes me very sad.
Why don't you guys reserve your judgement... I mean this....

Eventually became...

Old 01-19-2012, 10:36 AM
travisnd
Safety Car

Originally Posted by chaase
I don't agree. The rear end and b-pillar are much chunkier on the renderings and the front end comes to a point sooner on the rendering. The spy shot has a bit more of a stub nose.

The rear fascia in the spy shot is basically a C6 fascia, just with something funny with the tail lights. In the rednering, that is a Camaro rear. My guess is that there is still a lot of C6 parts on that.
I think the front end is just the angles and the camo and the fact that the Jalopnik pics are artist renderings. As for the rear, it has a smaller overhang than the C6 and looking through the camo you can see LED round tail light lenses that seem to be surrounded by a trapezoidal opening which lends itself to the Jalopnik rendering's "camaro" tails.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:41 AM
ChevyCobb
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

at everyone saying they hate it. Of course you do! You cant see anything from it! You have to remember those drawings are renderings...could be VERY early renderings. While they may be close, no one knows how it compares yet.

As far as the test mules...they still have a long way to go from them. I remember when the 5th gen camaro test mules were running around and people were yelling how they hated the headlights. Turned out that those headlights were just lights bought from autozone and held on with velcro and zip ties.

We still have a while to go before we see anything solid on this folks. I think it will be exciting.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

See the vents on the rear quarter, proof positive that the C7 will be a rear mid-engine configuration!

Look at the circular shape on the front hood, it looks that way because that is where the KERS flywheel assembly is placed to drive the front wheel electric motors!

The four exhaust pipes are prrof that they have moved to a 3 liters narrow V 8 cylinder quad turbo QOHC 5 valve engine! By the diameter of the pipes and the displacement we can tell that peak power will occur at about 9500 RPM at 12 pounds of boost.

I am disappointed that they appeared to have gone with a 18 LED taillight instead of 22 LEDS. They have failed to see the value of increasing brightness and pulsing of the brake lights as braking G's increase.

You can tell the side view mirrors are mock-ups with cameras mounted in the support strut. When the production model comes out there will just be little bump like camera pods with no mirrors.

I love the new technology!

PS I heard that the new prices will 217K for the base model, and warranty will be dropped to 1 year /10,500 miles to be more inline with the consumer electronics industry. Life is good.

Last edited by Racer X; 01-19-2012 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Added important post script
Old 01-19-2012, 11:46 AM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Get notified of new replies

To Could this be it..

Old 01-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Invisiguard
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer X
See the vents on the rear quarter, proof positive that the C7 will be a rear mid-engine configuration!

Look at the circular shape on the front hood, it looks that way because that is where the KERS flywheel assembly is placed to drive the front wheel electric motors!

The four exhaust pipes are prrof that they have moved to a 3 liters narrow V 8 cylinder quad turbo QOHC 5 valve engine! By the diameter of the pipes and the displacement we can tell that peak power will occur at about 9500 RPM at 12 pounds of boost.

I am disappointed that they appeared to have gone with a 18 LED taillight instead of 22 LEDS. They have failed to see the value of increasing brightness and pulsing of the brake lights as braking G's increase.

You can tell the side view mirrors are mock-ups with cameras mounted in the support strut. When the production model comes out there will just be little bump like camera pods with no mirrors.

I love the new technology!

PS I heard that the new prices will 217K for the base model, and warranty will be dropped to 1 year /10,500 miles to be more inline with the consumer electronics industry. Life is good.
You win the internet for today sir.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:03 PM
mitchydkid
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by travisnd
Why don't you guys reserve your judgement... I mean this....

Eventually became...

First, I will say this; When the new Vette shows up in person I will check it out and it is entirely possible I will like it. I'm not closed minded. However, right now all we have are pics of shrouded mules and computer drawings.

Second point though. You show a picture of how a shrouded mule ends up becoming the 3rd version of the C6. The ZR1 is NOT what that mule ended up looking like. That mule ended up looking like my car, the narrow body base. Also, with that mule, we did not have any un-shrouded drawings from Jalopnik to compare too, so we where still left guessing what was under the sheets. But in the case of the C7, it appears we know what is under the sheets because of the Jalopnik drawings.

And Third.... while it may be possible for this disaster to be less ugly in person.. maybe even kinda attractive (unlikely) there is no way it will have "wow" factor unless it looks ALOT different than the renderings.

One thing is for sure. When I go to the dealer to get my first glimpse, I will be sure to do so on an empty stomach to avoid any involuntary responses.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:19 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

AWD and Recaros are the only thing that could possibly redeem the Jalopnik car in my mind. Even then, it would redeem it to the Nissan GTR school of car building-"Hey, it looks like s**t, but at least it can corner in the snow!"

Quick Reply: Could this be it..