Sponsored by:

well i got confirmation today from rick hendrick

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1LT1
Well, if the above information is actually true (and we have little reason to believe that it isn't) then we will have to get used to/accept the idea that the Jalopnik renderings are in fact very close to the C7 that we will be buying (not that that's necessarily a bad thing).
These 'further modified' renderings were posted in another thread and I have to admit, I do not hate this look at all.

Along with a 475hp Direct Injected 6.2L and 7 speed sequential manuamatic paddle shifted transmission in a 3100 pound (or less) $52k (or less ) package I could easily bring myself to drive this thing all day long.
I was looking at these renderings on my smartphone and didn't like them. But on my wide screen iMac I want it. My C6 already looks like something of the past.

What makes a big difference to me is the triangle that points down, to the side of the taillight. It's the first time I really notice it.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:30 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jazzlove
but got to thinking about the evolution of the 911 over the past 40 years. They basically have a design that works, looks, performance, bla, bla, evolved slowly.

On the other hand, the C6 rocked the sports car world with it's arrival, awesome start for a great car. Maybe GM's starting to simply "refine" the product, maybe?
Good points.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:55 PM
ssrvette
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well, if it looks like the renderings, I know I will be keeping my two c6's, damn the rendering is ugly..................nothing like a vette.............
Old 02-12-2012, 02:59 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ssrvette
well, if it looks like the renderings, I know I will be keeping my two c6's, damn the rendering is ugly..................nothing like a vette.............
I hear ya man, I too love the looks of my C6 because it really does look EXACTLY like a Vette:

Old 02-12-2012, 03:40 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

The above post is an excellent point. The Corvette has evolved slowly, but always in a new direction. That is why the current generation always looks similar to the last, but never looks like the first.

I think the renderings, especially in that white and gray scheme, look great. Other than the taillights, that I don't like, I think it looks very Corvette. It is an evolutionary change from the C6, which is what it is meant to be. And, just like when the C6 came out, I think most complaining about the looks now will praise them in two years time.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:15 PM
tractman
Drifting

Received 945 Likes on 414 Posts

Sorry, but I find it very difficult to believe that someone from GM just walked into a Chevy dealer and whipped out a C7 photo and showed it around. As tight lipped as the Corvette team is with this project....then to have some carrying photographs in their briefcase showing them off.....hogwash! With over a year to production.....I don't believe this crap.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:28 PM
rickyrj1
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, if the above information is actually true (and we have little reason to believe that it isn't) then we will have to get used to/accept the idea that the Jalopnik renderings are in fact very close to the C7 that we will be buying (not that that's necessarily a bad thing).
These 'further modified' renderings were posted in another thread and I have to admit, I do not hate this look at all.

Along with a 475hp Direct Injected 6.2L and 7 speed sequential manuamatic paddle shifted transmission in a 3100 pound (or less) $52k (or less ) package I could easily bring myself to drive this thing all day long.
I like it, I see a lot of potential with after market mods. As always the performance will be top notch with a $$ per HP better than all. Remember fellas its a Chevy that is why most of us can afford one.
Old 02-12-2012, 04:28 PM
sirrob
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL

Wouldn't it be hilarious if the Jalopnik renderings and even these GM reps stopping in at Hendrick were all just a big smokescreen?

"Hey guys here's what we'll do. Let's let a couple of journalists in to see some older scrapped clay model design that we'd conjured up, let them leak the photos of it to the magazines/internet, then we'll visit a few suppliers/big dealerships and show some photos of that same model and then the WHOLE WORLD will think that's actually the new C7!
In the mean time we'll keep the REAL design well hidden/totally confidential until we're actually ready to drop the bombshell!
"
Old 02-12-2012, 04:46 PM
arkus
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If these renderings are the C7 , I have no need for one .
It looks too much like the C6 .
You might as well get a nice used C6 and mod it .
If this is actually it , I think GM dropped the ball big time.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:01 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by tractman
Sorry, but I find it very difficult to believe that someone from GM just walked into a Chevy dealer and whipped out a C7 photo and showed it around. As tight lipped as the Corvette team is with this project....then to have some carrying photographs in their briefcase showing them off.....hogwash! With over a year to production.....I don't believe this crap.
Well you have to remember that it wasn't just any dealership that the photo was (maybe) shown at. It was Rick Hendrick Chevrolet, who probably sell more Corvettes every month than almost any dealership in the country. They may actually sell the most. If not, they are extremely close. So, it seems perfectly believable to me that GM would want the input of someone who sells. than many products. Whether or not it actually happened is something that none of us will ever know. But it would not be a surprise at all to me.
Old 02-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Z_Rocks
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I want this...
Old 02-12-2012, 06:25 PM
not08crmanymore
Team Owner

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

Not bad but I didn't go "WOW,I GOTTA HAVE ONE.." Like I did when I saw the c6 for the first time.I think I'll get me a GS in Torch Red and be done with it. If in fact this is the car,and I still say that's a big if!
Old 02-12-2012, 07:52 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

if this is the car they unveil at the auto show next year, i suspect the last few months of C6 sales will be through the roof.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:30 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 08crm
Not bad but I didn't go "WOW,I GOTTA HAVE ONE.." Like I did when I saw the c6 for the first time.
That's how I feel about it as well, I do like it and if the performance/technology and pricing/value that I suspect the car might have are also included than I will certainly accept it.
But the renditions in the photos above do not quite do to me what seeing this photo below did to me back in late 2003:

When I first saw it, I did almost say to myself "WOW, I GOTTA HAVE ONE".
And ultimately a C6 became my second (but first 'bought new') Corvette and I am still almost mesmerized by it's looks even today.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:09 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

The skeptical would be wise to wait for the equivalent C7 photograph before dismissing the car's styling.

BTW, I love that Precision Red. Just look at it up there, so deep and lustworthy.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:59 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Jinx
The skeptical would be wise to wait for the equivalent C7 photograph before dismissing the car's styling.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:15 AM
RonnieC6Z
Drifting

Received 768 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette77
Well you have to remember that it wasn't just any dealership that the photo was (maybe) shown at. It was Rick Hendrick Chevrolet, who probably sell more Corvettes every month than almost any dealership in the country. They may actually sell the most. If not, they are extremely close. So, it seems perfectly believable to me that GM would want the input of someone who sells. than many products. Whether or not it actually happened is something that none of us will ever know. But it would not be a surprise at all to me.
I agree with Tractman. I think this is BS. A few weeks a go while having coffee, I ran into someone from chevy who was from district and he said that he has not seen the C7 and very few have. If someone from GM said to me that they had seen pictures, and that it looked like the renderings shown here, I would have had at least a dozen questions, the answers of which I would post. This is BS.

Get notified of new replies

To well i got confirmation today from rick hendrick

Old 02-13-2012, 11:34 AM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

That's how I feel about it as well, I do like it and if the performance/technology and pricing/value that I suspect the car might have are also included than I will certainly accept it.
But the renditions in the photos above do not quite do to me what seeing this photo below did to me back in late 2003:

When I first saw it, I did almost say to myself "WOW, I GOTTA HAVE ONE".
And ultimately a C6 became my second (but first 'bought new') Corvette and I am still almost mesmerized by it's looks even today.
The base C6 has never 'wowed' me. The Z06 did with it's much more aggressive styling, but the base C6? Not so much.

I see a lot of potential with these spy shots, just not big on the rear view mirrors. Hoping they could come up with something a bit more aerodynamic and better fit for the car...
Old 02-13-2012, 12:34 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I won't believe a thing til I see it from GM. All other stuff is a canard.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:03 PM
ockie
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brunotheboxer
It's always the same story on every car forum/board.

Most owners of the current model in this case the c6 will hate and criticize the new and upcoming model. Why?

Because they are jealous and want to make themselves feel better about the money they spent.
x2.

People will always say whatever they have is better than the next new thing or the competitor product... this is a psychological thing and it's common in every aspect of life. People will justify things emotionally or psychologically so that they feel more secured about their decisions.

If I bought a C6 ZR1 today I would scream the same tune.... because I want to somehow or in someway justify my decision and purchase.

Quick Reply: well i got confirmation today from rick hendrick