Sponsored by:

Front C7 Bumper Leaked...?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedDriver
I hope the GM design team doesn't do another FAILED copy of the Viper front end like they did when they came out with the C6. I look at the C6 front end and think the GM design team put a Viper in their studio and just reworked it a little.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son. Get squared away!
Old 07-18-2012, 12:23 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rcallen484
Many who have analyzed what has been revealed thus far think that the front end of the C7 is derivative of the 2002 Camaro . . . Or a warmed-over creases-added version of the C6.

Are all of those people obese, inebriated and unintelligent?

Or . . . are you projecting your own shortcomings on others, that is, all of those with whom you disagree?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:28 PM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Originally Posted by BlueOx
What does a "more American" car look like today? It generally means some type of 'retro' return to the past. No thanks.

Face it, the Corvette owes it's very existence and certainly it's initial designs to European sports cars. Without them, there would have been no inspiration for it at all.

I'm all for waving the flag about the Corvette but let's not forget it's real origins and that we owe a lot to companies like Jaguar for being the Corvette designers' muse.
... 100% and not only the Corvette but other GM designs. The legendary GM designer Harley Earl was a big fan of European design. This all started back the early 1950's and continues today.
Old 07-18-2012, 12:39 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

Originally Posted by SanDiegoBert
Many who have analyzed what has been revealed thus far think that the front end of the C7 is derivative of the 2002 Camaro . . . Or a warmed-over creases-added version of the C6.

Or . . . are you projecting your own shortcomings on others, that is, all of those with whom you disagree?
Not all, But most?
Old 07-18-2012, 12:44 PM
TwoSmoke
Team Owner

Received 126 Likes on 78 Posts

I take it you don't like my opinion.

If anything, the GM designers were fat,drunk and stupid if they thought they could pawn of a reworked Viper front end as an original Vette idea.

Maybe I'm the only one who see's the resemblance, but I doubt it.

I find this speculation entertaining to say the least. Can't wait for the debut and then we can move on to the next step of......

WHY did they do that?

Or....

They nailed it!

Old 07-18-2012, 12:54 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,184 Posts

I took that as a movie quote - Animal House? - in jest, but without
the "".
Old 07-18-2012, 12:55 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Hey Bert, ever heard of the movie "Animal House"?
You, Bert, are an obnoxious person. It is early, but you have already earned the following trophy. Congrats!

Old 07-18-2012, 12:58 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Originally Posted by tuxnharley
the "".
You got it. The guy obviously put a lot of effort into his post. More than I usually do by a long shot.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:14 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

Hey Bert, ever heard of the movie "Animal House"?
You, Bert, are an obnoxious person. It is early, but you have already earned the following trophy. Congrats!

Your lack of civility is appalling . . . But then again, this is the Internet.

If you have a constructive comment, or at least a civilized opinion about the subject of the thread, fine. Personally attacking others is supposed to be against the rules of this board. Perhaps that's not a concern of yours.

Once again, I think your use of the word "obnoxious" to describe someone else is merely projecting . . . Keep up the name-calling, though. It seems to be your style.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:23 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Your lack of civility is appalling . . . But then again, this is the Internet.

If you have a constructive comment, or at least a civilized opinion about the subject of the thread, fine. Personally attacking others is supposed to be against the rules of this board. Perhaps that's not a concern of yours.

Once again, I think your use of the word "obnoxious" to describe someone else is merely projecting . . . Keep up the name-calling, though. It seems to be your style.
Go away Bert, you are becoming a nuisance. Your misinterpretation of a comment everyone else "got" caused you to start the personal insults. It never takes much with you.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:10 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

the "".
Right. No emoticon thingie. No quotation marks or attribution, either. Just a personal attack on a CF contributor.

Sure, it's a quote from a movie . . . But that's a lousy rationalization for what certainly appeared as a personal attack. It's even a worse excuse. Just about anything speakable has been spoken in a movie.

I don't think the subsequent personal attacks are justified or within the forum rules. Maybe they are quotations from movies?
Old 07-18-2012, 03:17 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,184 Posts

Right. No emoticon thingie. No quotation marks or attribution, either. Just a personal attack on a CF contributor.

Sure, it's a quote from a movie . . . But that's a lousy rationalization for what certainly appeared as a personal attack. It's even a worse excuse. Just about anything speakable has been spoken in a movie.

I don't think the subsequent personal attacks are justified or within the forum rules. Maybe they are quotations from movies?
You're taking this way too seriously, and personally, when it wasn't even originally directed at you. Maybe we should let the original "target" speak for himself?

I understood it; I'm sorry you didn't. C'mon - if I said Go ahead, make my day, would you think that was an original statement on my part.....?

Relax and enjoy the banter and "social intercourse".....

Old 07-18-2012, 03:25 PM
SanDiegoBert
Melting Slicks

You're taking this way too seriously, and personally, when it wasn't even originally directed at you. Maybe we should let the original "target" speak for himself?

I understood it; I'm sorry you didn't. C'mon - if I said Go ahead, make my day, would you think that was an original statement on my part.....?

Relax and enjoy the banter and "social intercourse".....

Actually, I am enjoying it!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:40 PM
TwoSmoke
Team Owner

Received 126 Likes on 78 Posts

ughhhhh....I guess the original target was me.

Evidently there is some history among the above posters I'm not privy to.

Anyway, I did think it was a personal attack upon first reading. So I thought, "Dang, that's pretty catchy and original. I need to use that at a future date."

But shame on me for not mesmerizing every cute quip from every movie ever made.

I think I would really be "fat, drunk and stupid" if I worried about everything directed towards me on an internet forum.

I just it off and move on.

Although I have said some things that got threads closed.....

It was all in jest....I promise.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Originally Posted by TorchRedDriver
.......But shame on me for not mesmerizing every cute quip from every movie ever made.

You need to stop driving that car, and stay inside and watch some old movies. Some of us are old enough to have seen it in the theaters. I could embarass myself more by stating which character said that about which other character, but I won't.

I suggest, watching some famous old car movies or maybe even Corvette movies. There is one that is embarassing for one of the leads in one of the most famous movies of all times. You should track down "Corvette Summer". After you watch please remember I didn't say it was a good movie, just that it was about a Corvette.

To stay on track, yes it does look like the C7 front bumper COVER mold was leaked. I don't think we actually got to see the bumper.

While some are repulsed by it and the Jalapnik render; I am optimistic that it will look better in the flesh.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

All this bickering and name calling over a car that no one has really seen yet, and yet the chances are that the vast majority here that can afford it will be moving into the C7 with haste and never looking back when it is released. I seriously doubt they are going to make a "design fail" and all the folks that are obsessing about the round vs rectangular taillights issue need to relax. In my opinion it is time for a change and I for one welcome that. God I remember when it was seeming like the end of the world to some people when they found out they were dropping those God awful pop up headlights before the C6 was released. I suppose there may be actually 2 or 3 people out there in the world that still that wish they were still here and would even like them on the C7. The hell with the round taillights. I say lets move on and welcome some change. I'm looking forward to its release. The more I look at the leaked images the more my C6 ZO6 is starting to look dated. And believe me, once it comes out, like it or not, the C6 will look very dated just as the C5 does now. Thats the reality of it.

Quick Reply: Front C7 Bumper Leaked...?