Our new C7 visualization video on youtube

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 04:19 AM
Jim_Lammers
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
Great work!
HAS ROUND TAILLIGHTS, in a parallelogram casing. Is it based on Jalopnik input, or is it your own interpretation?
Yes, that and also the R8-style headlights that another news site said was speculation on our part. Look VERRRRY closely at the spy shots. I'm no Sherlock Holmes but there is a lot more revealed in those than first meets the eye I think I see LEDs in a circle pattern in some of those... BTW if you play with the links you can get the spy shots at pretty high res, maybe 1280x1024 - more is revealed at higher res.

RE Jalopnik -- We got no input, review or comment during production. I sent early shots and they just did not reply with any critiques. It seems like they are super busy there.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:21 AM
Jim_Lammers
Instructor

Originally Posted by Argent C5
I like your hack at the base vs. ZR-1 trim. Some proportions still do not look quite right to me but it is beginning to look like something fresh and still all Vette...
I agree it's not quite there, I'm confident the GM design will be sexier from all angles. I bet we are at least 80% there in general proportions though... Anyway after spending months refining the shape of our C7 model and studying the spy shots we had to stop working on it, the actual car will be out in 4 months, and that's only if we don't have an internet "scoop" like we had with the C6 (if anyone remembers 2004)!

thanks

Jim
Old 08-18-2012, 07:03 AM
ufaj26
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

Very Nice work !!
Old 08-18-2012, 07:12 AM
BMWDAD
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does it have to have led lights like every euro car?
Old 08-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by BMWDAD
Does it have to have led lights like every euro car?
It's probably a fad. But if it's a cool fad, why not play along? Besides, it marks the car for future generations as belonging to the second decade of the 21st century. Like other fads of the past (chrome, white wall tires, etc.)
Old 08-18-2012, 07:58 AM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 646 Likes on 388 Posts

Great job in the video!

I sure hope that the car ends up looking similar to that.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:31 AM
rocknroller
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, very realistic. It's weird that so many styling cues seem to be coming from different generations of the Camaro. I hope the rear end at least turns out to be more "Corvette like".
Old 08-18-2012, 08:54 AM
AC04
Racer

Awesome job. I wasn't crazy about the pics we have seen but your video rendition casts the C7 in much better light. I love it.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:48 AM
69L79
Le Mans Master

Location: Hamilton Square NJ, Ocean City N. J. Key Biscayne Fla.
Received 849 Likes on 383 Posts

Great job with the animation. I think the rendering is pretty much what we are going to get. Hopefully, the hood/fenders will be a little higher, i.e., more aggressive than the C6. Side coves/rear looks good. And, will "grow" on me similar to C5/C6. Also, a raised rear spoiler would complete the look.

If the all around performance is better than my manual GS, which it will be, I will be buying one in a few years, for sure.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:14 AM
30YR W8T
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fantastic job on putting that together, this was beyond cool...
Old 08-18-2012, 11:19 AM
BMWDAD
Instructor

I really like the rear window. Lets hope they keep the hatch.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:43 PM
Endeka
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

This is the closest I've come to liking the car. It still has the Camaro rear, which is still a mistake. And it still borrows too little from the Stingray Concept, which is also a mistake, but at least it looks like a real Corvette.
Old 08-18-2012, 02:07 PM
wlutgen
Racer

Originally Posted by Jim_Lammers
We did the color shifts in the tunnel specifically because I was thinking of this forum and how in the past when people did concept art it was always fun to see it in a variety of colors. I thought later I might post renders with it parked beside C5 and C6, and also in a broad variety of colors or with stripes. Let me know what would be interesting for you on this!
I like the beauty shot you have on your web site - it's sharper than even the high res video and the plain background keeps the distractions to a minimum.

If you have time, I'd love to see a straight on front, side, and back shot of your model from a ~1 meter high viewpoint and a front 3/4 from the same height as the rear 3/4 shot. Different colors would just be a bonus, thanks for including that in the video
Old 08-18-2012, 03:41 PM
Jim_Lammers
Instructor

Originally Posted by wlutgen
If you have time, I'd love to see a straight on front, side, and back shot of your model from a ~1 meter high viewpoint and a front 3/4 from the same height as the rear 3/4 shot. Different colors would just be a bonus, thanks for including that in the video
I'll post up a bunch of images in the next week!

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments, I was expecting this thread to be full of "hate it, hate you, worst video ever" like the other thread

Jim
Old 08-18-2012, 03:50 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

We did the color shifts in the tunnel specifically because I was thinking of this forum and how in the past when people did concept art it was always fun to see it in a variety of colors. I thought later I might post renders with it parked beside C5 and C6, and also in a broad variety of colors or with stripes. Let me know what would be interesting for you on this!
Thanks for your hard work, it sure is great fun to watch. Parking the C7 next to the other cars would be very neat.

Jim, does the new car seem larger, smaller or the same?
Old 08-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments, I was expecting this thread to be full of "hate it, hate you, worst video ever" like the other thread

Jim
It's hard for some to accept the new C7 design, so they'll hit on anything that moves.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:56 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Jim
I think most of the hate in the other thread is for the design of the car. I can fault any of the design decisions you made. I think we'd all like to see round tail lamps and other elements - I'm not a fan of the rear quarter windows but that looks like the spy shots.

I do hope they go more towards the LEDS marker lamps on the new Audis with less of a "string of pearls" and more of a "light tube" look.

Get notified of new replies

To Our new C7 visualization video on youtube

Old 08-18-2012, 05:18 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

I think the video is very well done. As i said in the other thread, i think anyway, i like this depiction of the car a LOT better than the awful jalopy rendering. This looks some parts Ferrari, some parts Aston Martin or Maserati, and some parts Corvette.

I prefer the idea of the Stingray concept over this, and would really like ROUND tail lights, however this gives me at least some hope.

And im really glad i have my C6
Old 08-18-2012, 05:32 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller
I think most of the hate in the other thread is for the design of the car. I can fault any of the design decisions you made. I think we'd all like to see round tail lamps and other elements - I'm not a fan of the rear quarter windows but that looks like the spy shots.

I do hope they go more towards the LEDS marker lamps on the new Audis with less of a "string of pearls" and more of a "light tube" look.
Great point...I just jumped to YouTube and found the new Cad XTS headlight demo and it has the light tubes! I think we are safe.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:34 PM
HarleyB
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Great job.

Quick Reply: Our new C7 visualization video on youtube