Sponsored by:

New look at the c7

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 09:35 PM
1RedVettFor2
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarBoy
I don't see how GM can still believe they have a winner here when so many people are not liking what is supposedly coming down the pipe.
It may be the most awesome machine they've ever built, but if it's looks don't appeal to a large portion of the current owners of said brand then how do you hope to sell them?
Is GM just saying good buy to the "loyal" purchasers and current enthusiasts and trying to get a whole new customer base?

Looks plays a major role in appeal of a performance car....of all places to have a need to "get it right"....and this is where we're supposedly heading? I mean for me....If I had unlimited funds, I would still not buy a Veyron; just because it's so super fast (the worlds fastest) means nothing when it's that ugly.

I'll take a better looking slow car over a fast ugly one any day.
I totally agree....besides you can still mod your C6, spend less money, and in the end have a car that will out-perform a newer version depending on how much you mod obiviously. I'm liking my C6 more and more these days.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:51 PM
spotking
Intermediate

When I had my 04 zo6... I didn't like the c6 when it came out. I still like the looks of the c5 better. But the c6 has grown on me. I think the c7 will grow on c6 owners just the same. I'm in a 11 camaro ss now... I'm looking forward to the c7 whatever it is. I'm hoping for c6 zo6 performance in a base model c7.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:01 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ONCE AGAIN, we don't know what the C7 will look like.

BTW, I REALLY disliked some Corvette generations (C4/C5) and wouldn't have one if you gave it to me. I also embrace the (to some) Ferrari-like C6. Yet somehow Corvette has survived.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,377 Likes on 2,068 Posts

Originally Posted by CarBoy
I don't see how GM can still believe they have a winner here when so many people are not liking what is supposedly coming down the pipe.
Because they know what " is supposedly coming down the pipe" isn't what is coming. That it will be better looking and more exciting in person.

They know it is not someone's 3D interpretation of someone else's recollection and interpretation of a car they got see for a short time.

A lot of angst over the speculation of a look of a car that has not been reveal.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:18 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer X
Because they know what " is supposedly coming down the pipe" isn't what is coming. That it will be better looking and more exciting in person.

They know it is not someone's 3D interpretation of someone else's recollection and interpretation of a car they got see for a short time.

A lot of angst over the speculation of a look of a car that has not been reveal.
This is a thread of angst!!
Old 08-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

This is the seventh thread posting the same source video, posted when six other threads were on the first page of C7 General Discussion.

So much angst. If people can't pay enough attention to avoid such duplication, how can their opinion of what they see in C7 renderings be trusted?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:39 AM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen220
I have a bad feeling that this could be an accurate depiction.

If so, I too will keep my C6, as that isn't a Corvette I'd want to own. God that rearend us butt ugly! (no pun intended).
As with all of the others - I personally hope that animation is completely wrong.

It's the horrible illegitimate offspring of a 1990's camaro, audi, and then a late-model camaro with a lower stance.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:14 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,862 Likes on 1,912 Posts

Sounds like everybody hates the car pictured here. Good. I should have no problem getting one when they hit the market. That car is badass for sure. They got the front end right this time. I loved my '08 but couldn't deal with the cartoon face look of the C6 front end.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:35 AM
CarBoy
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer X

True the car may not look exactly like this when the real thing hits the streets. However if we are to believe what we've been given so far, then it should look something like this. The majority do not like the J renderings, and this car is based off those.....we the majority do not like this look either.

So are you saying that when we finally see the real thing that most of the nay sayers are all of a sudden going to change our minds?

So far all the info we have on the looks of this car say it will be based on the J pics....well no matter how you slice it or tweak it, it still comes out looking like something that is not what the majority would prefer. And it's not just on this forum either. I just saw the video posted on another "video" site and not a single person had a positive comment about the cars looks.

Perhaps GM really screwed up with how exotic looking the movie car was...(and like it or not, many people were WOW'd by that car) and so this is too "plain" looking in comparison.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:44 AM
REZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 97 Likes on 72 Posts

If this is it..it could be a Big mistake.

but in spite of it ....it will sell..!
Old 08-23-2012, 10:11 AM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

That C7 has some great lines, very fresh redesign. Time to get away from that smooth like a turd look that has been the standard since '97. A lot of guys on here sound like grouchy old coots that can't deal with change anymore.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:30 AM
frost2
7th Gear

To me it looks like the design is an amalgam of several other cars. The fast back for example reminds me of the 1970 mustang. Nothing original that I can see.
Old 08-23-2012, 11:01 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by drmustang
That C7 has some great lines, very fresh redesign. Time to get away from that smooth like a turd look that has been the standard since '97. A lot of guys on here sound like grouchy old coots that can't deal with change anymore.
Now, when I look at my C6, I find it a little bulbous. Not that I mind. But too me, it kinda looks like a nice thing of the past already. Time to move on to 2014.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:00 PM
punky
Banned Scam/Spammer

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
Now, when I look at my C6, I find it a little bulbous. Not that I mind. But too me, it kinda looks like a nice thing of the past already. Time to move on to 2014.
Very good way to put it. The C7 picture that is making its way around the internet is a badly needed step in the right direction. The current car is nice but just plainly dated and stale. Cadillac moved its styling from the smoothed off, conservative, old man mobile to the current sharp lined, "edge" design and it has been a smashing success drawing scores of younger buyers into
Cadillac showrooms. GM desparately needs to gain attention to the Corvette from the 30-50 yr old crowd. The baby boomers who were in awe of the Corvette as children and the predominance of
corvette owners are just not enough alone to keep this model viable much longer.
Old 08-23-2012, 02:47 PM
FLZapped
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lastcowboy
DOSEN'T SEEM LIKE A CORVETTE ANYMORE
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/animatio...s-to-life.html CLICK HERE

I don't understand why they had to make the front and back look like a Camaro.....that's hideous!
Old 08-23-2012, 03:25 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
I agree and I will be thrilled if the new design looks a little tighter around the mechanicals.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:08 PM
roundlight lover
Racer

Originally Posted by BlueOx
ONCE AGAIN, we don't know what the C7 will look like.

BTW, I REALLY disliked some Corvette generations (C4/C5) and wouldn't have one if you gave it to me. I also embrace the (to some) Ferrari-like C6. Yet somehow Corvette has survived.
No offense, but, I can't understand a "Vette fan" not liking C4 & C5 's.
But worse still, condoning the production of a nightmarish sort of Tim Burton Vette is a jaw dropper. Sorry.

Get notified of new replies

To New look at the c7

Old 08-23-2012, 04:10 PM
roundlight lover
Racer

Originally Posted by FLZapped
I don't understand why they had to make the front and back look like a Camaro.....that's hideous!
Moreover, why the front looks like it's ready to spew something out, and the back looking like it's constipated.....

Last edited by roundlight lover; 08-23-2012 at 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-23-2012, 04:23 PM
ZeeOSix
Le Mans Master

Received 159 Likes on 93 Posts

I don't think the front and sides look bad ... but the rear end and tail lights just doesn't fit with the rest of the car IMO. The 4 exhaust tips do look good though.

GM should have kept the 4 round tail lights and designed them to fit the rest of the design.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:35 PM
rcallen484
Race Director

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by z edge
we need more threads about this
I am going to go jack up the rear of my car, turn on the motor, put it in gear, get out and let it run on idle the rest of the day. Makes as much sense and just as satisfying as most of the C7 threads have become.

Quick Reply: New look at the c7