Sponsored by:

Trinity Animation C7 high res stills for wallpaper

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 04:00 PM
91redragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
All I can say is that compared to this Z06 shot, the C7 rendering presents very well. The front fenders seem just as wide and of a similar shape. I really like the fender vent. The side and doors seem to have a deeper inset and are even more curvaceous than the Z. The rear is different (a bit more of a badazz glare) but not bad. I like the side marker lights a whole lot more than the C6's.

In that shot, it looks really good!! Still not crazy about the taillights but I guess I could live with them!! What I like about the rear even less than the lights is the exhaust pipes all boxed in!!! The curves down the body in that side profile are more rounded and look pretty cool!!
Old 08-26-2012, 09:02 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CRABBYJ
It does look a lot better but that door sure does look awfully thick. If you take the C6's base width of 72.6" and subtract the shoulder room of 55.2" that leaves you 17.4" Divide that by 2 makes it 8.7" thickness per door. The door rendering looks to be much thicker than that IMO. But it sure do look good. Even the wheel openings look like a wide body. Maybe it is a wide body version?
I cropped the image but made no other edits to it. I think it just has much better 'lighting' in this rendering and that makes all the difference. I think Corvette will keep one body width and it will be a wide-looking body like this.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Frankie2blue
Melting Slicks

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

All I can say is that compared to this Z06 shot, the C7 rendering presents very well. The front fenders seem just as wide and of a similar shape. I really like the fender vent. The side and doors seem to have a deeper inset and are even more curvaceous than the Z. The rear is different (a bit more of a badazz glare) but not bad. I like the side marker lights a whole lot more than the C6's.

This really starts to represent what I have been feeling all along. The C6 is going to look old, tired and dated compared to the C7. As much as I love my C6, I have no doubt I will feel the same about it as I did the C5 when the C6 came out. Car looks killer to me in the above rear view. Sorry, but the C6 looks frumpy in comparison to my eyes.

Last edited by Frankie2blue; 08-26-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Frankie2blue
This really starts to represent what I have been feeling all along. The C6 is going to look old, tired and dated compared to the C7. As much as I love my C6, I have no doubt I will feel the same about it as I did the C5 when the C6 came out. Car looks killer to me in the above rear view. Sorry, but the C6 looks frumpy in comparison to my eyes.
With a look like that, it better be freakin' fast.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:58 PM
zland
Drifting

Received 608 Likes on 191 Posts

The part I just do not get is GM itself stated they thought the rear end of the C6 was too big, then they come out with a C7 that appears to be larger?
Old 08-27-2012, 07:31 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by zland
The part I just do not get is GM itself stated they thought the rear end of the C6 was too big, then they come out with a C7 that appears to be larger?
In my opinion , after studying all of the current GM concepts and all recent Cadillacs , this animation picture, although good, still appears too cartoon like , not accurately depicting the more subtle surfacing of the actual car. I believe that in no way will the car have such a pronounced concave in the door. Also, because with what we saw with the Omega Tool video ,the rear panel will have more of a convex look and how does one convey the gorgeous " light tube " like tail lights that are on the most recent GM show cars? Well, in a 2 dimensional rendering like Jalopnik they came out looking like chicken scratch which has everyone on this forum disgusted.

Remember , Akerson said to Wellburn that the original C7 concept was too wide so that was changed.
The dimensions of the C6 are pretty spot so if they can shave an inch here or there it would be magical !
Old 08-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by zland
I've kept saying with no reaction from anyone that the C7 appears to be lower. Here, just look at the distance between the top and the wheel well.

With a lower height you can make a narrower car look wider. Lamborghini has been playing this trick for a long time.
Old 08-27-2012, 09:16 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
I've kept saying with no reaction from anyone that the C7 appears to be lower. Here, just look at the distance between the top and the wheel well.

With a lower height you can make a narrower car look wider. Lamborghini has been playing this trick for a long time.
To me, if you really look at the pics of the C6Z and the C7 I put up earlier in the thread, they look pretty close to the same.

I see someone going on about it being higher while you say it is lower. It is nuances like that we can't really tell so far IMO. And really, it will all be up to the buyer how high or low he or she wants it to be. Many C6sers have adjusted the height of their C6s.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:09 AM
JPJR
Pro

Received 43 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by 4xxk-C7-ZR7
I some how like the Pic's better than the video. The rear end look's a bit better, but I think the real C7 will look better. ( If what I said seem's odd then it's becuase it's 2:45 AM and I can't think very well at 3AM. LOL)
And it will look even better when the real thing is out.
Have faith, all!
Old 08-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

To me, if you really look at the pics of the C6Z and the C7 I put up earlier in the thread, they look pretty close to the same.

I see someone going on about it being higher while you say it is lower. It is nuances like that we can't really tell so far IMO. And really, it will all be up to the buyer how high or low he or she wants it to be. Many C6sers have adjusted the height of their C6s.
We could probably assess that objectively with the spy videos. There are moments when it passes by parked SUVs. That's how I gained that impression. But I only used my guess'o meter, as I'm that serious about car gazing.

Also there are two guys receiving it at the garage entrance. If it's as high as a C6, they must be tall. But they look like regular Joes. Anyway, that's my 2 cents.

Last edited by Nitrous Oxide; 08-27-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm begining to warm up to this.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:55 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by 91redragtop
In that shot, it looks really good!! Still not crazy about the taillights but I guess I could live with them!! What I like about the rear even less than the lights is the exhaust pipes all boxed in!!! The curves down the body in that side profile are more rounded and look pretty cool!!
I like the rear glass design much better than the ever retro "bubble hatch".
Old 08-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Joe B.
Melting Slicks

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks for the pictures.

Last edited by Joe B.; 08-27-2012 at 04:21 PM. Reason: correction
Old 08-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Badluck33
Racer

I think once GM announces 475+ HP on the base model, it could be dragging cans and people will still buy it.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:14 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Badluck33
I think once GM announces 475+ HP on the base model, it could be dragging cans and people will still buy it.
haha yeah probably...as long as it doesn't look like a Camaro or a Fiero...
Old 08-27-2012, 06:25 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Just for fun...

Last edited by BlueOx; 08-27-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:21 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

The jalopnik render looked better.

But the worst thing about it is the Camaro rear end. That Camaro rear bumper needs to go even before its released... If your coming out with a brand new design for chevy's flagship car, why would you design a major part of the car to make it look like another car that is already several years old... Many people that i've shown the pic to say "It's got a Camaro bumper on it".

I hope it gets better before it's released.

Get notified of new replies

To Trinity Animation C7 high res stills for wallpaper

Old 08-28-2012, 05:32 AM
jr3
Safety Car

Just for fun...

Dang , I just posted the same thing LOL.

That seems to be a big thing many people are seeing also when they look at the pic... It kinda looks like the old "parts bin sharing" thing .

The Vette rear end should always be kinda unique... I think the C7's Camaro bumper should be redesigned while its being designed if that makes any sense.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:25 AM
jr3
Safety Car

I'd still like to see some of the iconic round Vette tail lights in the design. Maybe have the lights rising up out of the top of the rear bumper a little bit...

Sorry for the crappy pshop
Old 08-28-2012, 07:17 AM
CRABBYJ
Safety Car

Received 1,293 Likes on 722 Posts
Unmodified C8 of the Year 2021 Finalist
2018 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by jr3
I'd still like to see some of the iconic round Vette tail lights in the design. Maybe have the lights rising up out of the top of the rear bumper a little bit...

Sorry for the crappy pshop
Looks like "Bill the Cat" to me.

Quick Reply: Trinity Animation C7 high res stills for wallpaper