Sponsored by:

All of you relax, look at this!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2012, 07:20 AM
chiefttp
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Default All of you relax, look at this!

How can any of you complain about the various renderings of the C-7 compared to this spy photo of the C-6 back in the day! I remember seeing this photo and being so disappointed at what Chevy had done to the Corvette marque! Turns out the C-6 does look pretty good, especially the wide-bodies. Personally the Jalopnik pictures show an aggressive looking car that is way better looking than the C-6 pictured above. I remember thinking the Vette looked like a Mitsubishi 3000 when I saw this spy pic back in 2004 (?) I can't see anybody viewing this photo and saying, "What a beautiful car!" and it turned out just fine! So just relax and enjoy the buildup to the introduction I'm sure it will be an awesome car!
Old 08-25-2012, 10:31 PM
GordyRay
VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 111 Likes on 62 Posts

Default I second your thoughts

Old 08-26-2012, 12:50 AM
JLinCA
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chiefttp

How can any of you complain about the various renderings of the C-7 compared to this spy photo of the C-6 back in the day! I remember seeing this photo and being so disappointed at what Chevy had done to the Corvette marque! Turns out the C-6 does look pretty good, especially the wide-bodies. Personally the Jalopnik pictures show an aggressive looking car that is way better looking than the C-6 pictured above. I remember thinking the Vette looked like a Mitsubishi 3000 when I saw this spy pic back in 2004 (?) I can't see anybody viewing this photo and saying, "What a beautiful car!" and it turned out just fine! So just relax and enjoy the buildup to the introduction I'm sure it will be an awesome car!
Wait a second though, there were a lot of other spy shots of the C6 that showed it from much better angles. That particular photo looks terrible.

We have the spy shots on the C7, and they validate the jalopy rendering for the most part, as do those rear mold pics.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:57 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Its the rear that looks like **** not the rest of the car. I don't want a camaro rear end. Those cars look like *** all around and to slap it on a corvette rear is just bad news imo. And the 3000GT is a looker for sure!!! Still turns heads these days

Last edited by Chicago1; 08-26-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:44 AM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A) Thats a very indistinguishable, covered car. Not in the same class as the c7 mules since we already have the jalopnik drawing. Also, since its side resembles the c5, most couldn't have thought it looked that bad.

B) The 3000GT is far from what I would call ugly, esepcially the later versions. It has proper sports car looks to it(with an asian flair yes):
Old 08-26-2012, 09:13 AM
chiefttp
Safety Car

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

McGirk94LT1,

What I'm trying to say is even though the spy photo shows a disguised view, it's still underwhelming, its not like anyone who saw this picture said, "Wow, I have to have that car" I thought the C-6 was generic looking at first, but it did grow on me, especially when the wide-bodies came on the scene..I'm optimistic about the C-7....
Old 08-26-2012, 10:22 AM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

It shouldn't surprise anyone to know that GM is providing disinformation in order to maintain the element of surprise. Until the surprise is made public, it's all conjecture.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:29 PM
91redragtop
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see lines that flow together! I see a car that rides at the "right" height! I see wheelwells and tires/wheels that look like they belong together! I see a front/rear that is hid well!! Looks a whole lot better than the C7 mules to me!!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:20 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by 91redragtop
I see lines that flow together! I see a car that rides at the "right" height! I see wheelwells and tires/wheels that look like they belong together! I see a front/rear that is hid well!! Looks a whole lot better than the C7 mules to me!!
You haven't seen anything real related to the C7 that indicates final ride height. And so what if it is a little off your expectation? Don't forget that a lot of C6 owners change their ride height from stock.

Your opinion of lines that "flow together" and wheels/wheelwells that "belong" together are purely subjective views of computer generated images thus far. The final product is what should be judged in real light.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:00 PM
91redragtop
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BlueOx
You haven't seen anything real related to the C7 that indicates final ride height. And so what if it is a little off your expectation? Don't forget that a lot of C6 owners change their ride height from stock.

Your opinion of lines that "flow together" and wheels/wheelwells that "belong" together are purely subjective views of computer generated images thus far. The final product is what should be judged in real light.
If you read in another thread I posted in, I said that I am reserving my overall judgement until I can walk around a real C7 and look at it from every angle!!! In fact, I believe that I even said I liked the high-angle side-profile view in the Trinity video! I believe that if the C7 isn't the overall success that GM hopes it will be, it's nothing that a 3rd year refreshing can't fix!! Sorta like the widebody C6!! GM has done crazier stuff like changing the hood/front grille on the Silverado pickup for just the '06 year and then debuting a totally new truck the next year!!
Old 08-26-2012, 03:35 PM
JLinCA
Drifting

Originally Posted by pcguy2u
It shouldn't surprise anyone to know that GM is providing disinformation in order to maintain the element of surprise. Until the surprise is made public, it's all conjecture.
Where do you get this nonsense from??? There is no surprise. Everyone and their grandmother knows what the C7 is going to look like.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

Well, you guys might not be getting excited, but I am. I can imagine all kinds of electronic improvements over the C6, just think about the instruments/navigation systems. Finger touch controls, multi color HUD, it should be incredible. What about the suspension, someone mentioned that body roll could be controlled electronically, I like my F55 system, the improved version is beyond comprehension. As for exterior styling, the Jalopnik inspired video has created a; I want this car, with me. Yes there are some design features that I would change, but that also holds true for the current C6 that I presently own.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:03 PM
User 2623
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JLinNY
Where do you get this nonsense from??? There is no surprise. Everyone and their grandmother knows what the C7 is going to look like.
Ahmmm... No
Maybe you got crystal ball or your some clairvoyant.
Whatya say you draw us a picture?
Old 08-26-2012, 06:05 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

You know what sucks? Having to drive an older Corvette every day while waiting for details about the new one. Putting up with that same old gutpunch of power, that same old exhaust note, that same old familiar styling... it's almost unbearable, having to drive one of the most satisfying and iconic sports cars ever made.

.Jinx
Old 08-26-2012, 06:42 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jinx
You know what sucks? Having to drive an older Corvette every day while waiting for details about the new one. Putting up with that same old gutpunch of power, that same old exhaust note, that same old familiar styling... it's almost unbearable, having to drive one of the most satisfying and iconic sports cars ever made.

.Jinx
Yeah, but the C6 has been around for quite a while and people want to see a new Vette even if they aren't going to be buying one for years. It gives us something new to aspire to!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:49 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx

.Jinx
Funny and I was just thinking about a 1976 Corvette that I had. We really had it rough with those cars. If it wasn't for disco I would have been bored out of my mind ! Haha

Get notified of new replies

To All of you relax, look at this!

Quick Reply: All of you relax, look at this!