Sponsored by:

Print magazine will get exclusive on C7

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 09:11 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Default Print magazine will get exclusive on C7

I will venture a guess, based on historical facts, that GM will give Motor Trend or Car and Driver , maybe even Road and Track the exclusive on the 2014 Corvette for their January issue that will hit the stand around the 10th of December

The print guys are dying and could really use this exclusive

Persons going to Detroit will have already purchased their tickets by the time the mag hits the stand

And it will be Christmas !

Again, just a guess...
Old 08-26-2012, 10:17 AM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 39 Posts

Good guess, IMHO.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:33 AM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,918 Likes on 5,327 Posts

If they do like they did with the C5 they will have a press review at a race track a couple of months before the magazines hit the newsstands. The writers will be able to drive the cars and make videos for their mags web pages. All of them will have covers hailing the new Corvette.

Bill
Old 08-26-2012, 10:41 AM
millpond
Melting Slicks

Received 379 Likes on 197 Posts

I would guess that the mags will have a photo shoot in December with the stipulation that they release no photos until the official GM unveiling in January.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:18 AM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

GM won't play favorites. They might exclude a particular outlet if they've broken past embargoes, but otherwise everyone gets a fair shot, because they want everybody talking about it.

I expect they'll rerun the C6 introductory playbook, because it worked pretty well for them. First drives will be an event at Milford Proving Ground with laps on the Lutzring, and everyone will say nice things about the interior and dutifully report the impressive EPA numbers and how the smallblock's still got legs.

But we won't really know how good it is in the eyes of the "experts" until the magazine comparison tests against the 911 show up. A quick websearch shows that Car & Driver did one for C6 in the December 2004 issue...

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...mparison-tests
Old 08-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Nitrous Oxide
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will Jalopnik wait till Christmas?!
Old 08-26-2012, 11:58 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I would expect GM to equally and graciously accept any and all offers for magazine/blog/TV tests of the C7 unless, of course, there are major problems. None to be published before the official Jan. 2013 release, of course.

Given some of the comments C&D has had about Corvette owners who have written in to them, I would expect some interesting and snarky statements from them about the pre-release 'releases' by Jalopnik/Omega Tool and the negative commentaries by forum members.

BTW, I was told that Jalopnik WILL have more to bring out prior to that official Jan. release.
Old 08-26-2012, 12:21 PM
HZ3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx
GM won't play favorites. They might exclude a particular outlet if they've broken past embargoes, but otherwise everyone gets a fair shot, because they want everybody talking about it.

I expect they'll rerun the C6 introductory playbook, because it worked pretty well for them. First drives will be an event at Milford Proving Ground with laps on the Lutzring, and everyone will say nice things about the interior and dutifully report the impressive EPA numbers and how the smallblock's still got legs.

But we won't really know how good it is in the eyes of the "experts" until the magazine comparison tests against the 911 show up. A quick websearch shows that Car & Driver did one for C6 in the December 2004 issue...

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...mparison-tests
Because focusing on fuel economy for your Halo SPORTS CAR is a smart idea...

And how do you know it's got a small block engine?
Old 08-26-2012, 12:49 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueOx
I would expect GM to equally and graciously accept any and all offers for magazine/blog/TV tests of the C7 unless, of course, there are major problems. None to be published before the official Jan. 2013 release, of course.

Given some of the comments C&D has had about Corvette owners who have written in to them, I would expect some interesting and snarky statements from them about the pre-release 'releases' by Jalopnik/Omega Tool and the negative commentaries by forum members.

BTW, I was told that Jalopnik WILL have more to bring out prior to that official Jan. release.
I mentioned a few days back that the original Jalopnik C7 blog states that they had 2 cars to observe and sketch, the base car and the ZR1. When will they show the base car for heaven's sake ??
Old 08-26-2012, 01:02 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by John T
I mentioned a few days back that the original Jalopnik C7 blog states that they had 2 cars to observe and sketch, the base car and the ZR1. When will they show the base car for heaven's sake ??
That I don't know. If the recent video is any indication, you've already seen the base C7, or Jalopnik's interpretation of it anyway.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:10 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by HZ3
It's fashionable to talk about how your new direct-injection engine delivers more power and better fuel economy than your old engine.

If Porsche does it, Corvette can do it.

Zora came to me in a dream.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:42 PM
BlueOx
Race Director

Originally Posted by Jinx
Zora came to me in a dream.
"Jinx....Jinxy my boy...we WILL put a small block in the C7...really!! And you WILL like it!! And you WILL like the AWD that I always wanted to put in the Vette! Blue Ox is right!! I've been showing up in HIS dreams too!
Old 08-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Right before he got jumped by Bill Mitchell and Harley Earl. Chuck Jordan was behind them complaining that the front end still didn't reach enough.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:44 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide
Will Jalopnik wait till Christmas?!
Jalopnik will get NO LOVE from GM/Chevrolet, they'll be lucky to get their 2014 Corvette press packet by Christmas 2015 LOL.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:48 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Jalopnik will be taking spy photos of the press day at Milford
Old 08-26-2012, 06:57 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by HZ3

What other kind of engine would it have?

Get notified of new replies

To Print magazine will get exclusive on C7

Quick Reply: Print magazine will get exclusive on C7