C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you think the Base C7 outperform the ZL1?

Old 08-31-2012, 11:57 AM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,282 Likes on 1,966 Posts

Originally Posted by meadowz06
To answer the topic-NO! The ZL1 will be faster.
So you think the first year C7 won't outperform a C6 Grand Sport?
Old 08-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Received 321 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by HZ3
Its actually low twelves with a good driver and no radials.

The only time I have known it to hit 11s are hero runs for magazines and the General Motors claim and that also didn't have radials.

With radials 11s can be done by a non pro.
The general claims non radials on a 1.69 60ft? That's on par with as GT-R. They lied I don't care what they said. 1.69 on street tires? lol only a fool will believe that. I haven't seen any mags hit a 11 just the general's "claim" Best a mag has hit is 12.1@ 117
Old 08-31-2012, 02:38 PM
C3DeedlyDee
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Hopefully it'll at least produce downforce at speed like the ZL1.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:30 PM
HZ3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chicago1
The general claims non radials on a 1.69 60ft? That's on par with as GT-R. They lied I don't care what they said. 1.69 on street tires? lol only a fool will believe that. I haven't seen any mags hit a 11 just the general's "claim" Best a mag has hit is 12.1@ 117
I know of at least one publication that has hit 11s with a pro driver don't quote me but it may have been the Best Drivers Competition recently.

With that said you are pretty much correct though. Its a car that for all intents and purposes in normal weather conditions is in the twelves.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Beach
Safety Car

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

apples to oranges! I had a Mustang when I was 20 and a Z28 at 22 I don't want either car again! If the C7 is an ugly under performing car, I'll buy something else, I could give a crap about how fast the Zl1 is. There are LS3 C6's that are just as fast right now. If the C7 is faster great, if not. I'd rather drive a Corvette than a faster Camaro. Before I spend a dime on another Camaro I'd buy a lifetime supply of doritios and 3 fat chicks!
Old 09-01-2012, 09:48 AM
HZ3
Racer

Why all the hate on Camaro? I drive a 5th Gen SS and love it Granted I am in my twenties so I can see how your tastes may change over the years but it's still a nice car.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:12 AM
Beach
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HZ3
Why all the hate on Camaro? I drive a 5th Gen SS and love it Granted I am in my twenties so I can see how your tastes may change over the years but it's still a nice car.
There is no "hate" for the Camaro, when I got my 93 Z28 I wanted a Corvette. I got what I could pay for at the time. My taste never changed over the years. I have more money now and long as I can purchase a better car than the Camaro I will. If you feel like the Camaro is a nice car it is. However as you can see the majority of Corvette owners wouldn't downgrade to a camaro. Through out this thread on point you have failed to get is that the Camaro isn't competition for the corvette! Base LS3 Vettes are faster than ZL1's! I could care less about any model camaro, you guys might want to try and catch up to the GT 500
Old 09-01-2012, 12:25 PM
HZ3
Racer

Originally Posted by Beach
There is no "hate" for the Camaro, when I got my 93 Z28 I wanted a Corvette. I got what I could pay for at the time. My taste never changed over the years. I have more money now and long as I can purchase a better car than the Camaro I will. If you feel like the Camaro is a nice car it is. However as you can see the majority of Corvette owners wouldn't downgrade to a camaro. Through out this thread on point you have failed to get is that the Camaro isn't competition for the corvette! Base LS3 Vettes are faster than ZL1's! I could care less about any model camaro, you guys might want to try and catch up to the GT 500
Where did you get your info that Base Vettes are faster than ZL1s?... If your gonna get pissy at least get your facts straight the LS3 is basically dead even in every category. Although the argument persists that the extra weight around the track will catch up with the ZL1 after a few laps. Also the car costs 10k more than a Base Vette unloaded and certainly has alot less of them on the road.

The Corvette is a nice car and the SS is a class under it for sure but the ZL1 itself is on the same level of a Base Corvette same price point and everything.

It's interior is even on par if not better than the early C6 models.

Does the Base C6 Vette also have MRS?

Also you might wanna stop throwing GT500 jabs when everything but the ZR1 is going to get spanked in a straight line.

The ZL1 can kill a GT500 just like a Corvette on a road course anytime. Your post was stupid and fan boyish

Last edited by HZ3; 09-01-2012 at 12:36 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:07 PM
JJPonzini
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope it doesn't. If it is as fast as it is now, I'll be happy. More hp iis needed for the track, and GM will add optional engines. I gave up street racing years ago and my coupe's hp is all I want. Rediculously fast street engines will drive up the price unnecessarily for many that will never use the hp. I'd rather spend more on creature comforts.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:14 PM
Beach
Safety Car

Stupid & fan boyish, hardly learn to read! You still don't get it, your the only person here in love with the camaro. The zl1 will beat an ls3 car with slicks. Even then its a camaro and you couldn't give me one of those ugly cheap cars. If your feelings got hurt, hit the camaro forum. I'm sure there are other children like you who love the camaro.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:30 PM
HZ3
Racer

Not even in the mood for a baseless argument.

I prefer proof considering there is none when you provide some from ANY reputable publication and I might not laugh. By the way do you own a 50k stock LS3 or a Grand Sport?

Last edited by HZ3; 09-01-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HZ3
...when everything but the ZR1 is going to get spanked in a straight line.
Who cares?
Old 09-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by HZ3
Where did you get your info that Base Vettes are faster than ZL1s?... If your gonna get pissy at least get your facts straight the LS3 is basically dead even in every category. Although the argument persists that the extra weight around the track will catch up with the ZL1 after a few laps. Also the car costs 10k more than a Base Vette unloaded and certainly has alot less of them on the road.

The Corvette is a nice car and the SS is a class under it for sure but the ZL1 itself is on the same level of a Base Corvette same price point and everything.

Also you might wanna stop throwing GT500 jabs when everything but the ZR1 is going to get spanked in a straight line.

The ZL1 can kill a GT500 just like a Corvette on a road course anytime. Your post was stupid and fan boyish
The Gt500 is faster around a road course also. The Zl1 is "easier to drive though" Let's face it the Zl1 was supposed to be the second coming of Jesus and it wasn't. It's a great car but overrated. Even the folks on the Camaro5 board say it. It's an awesome ride just overhyped. Mid to low teens in the quarter? C5z did that a looong time ago
Old 09-02-2012, 12:52 PM
HZ3
Racer

Well if its so overhyped and the C7 can't beat it a year and a half after it's released in all around performance I would say GM dropped the ball than...
Old 09-02-2012, 05:32 PM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 148 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by HZ3

Then why is it 1-2-1 vs the GT500 in lap times in the major mags?
Old 09-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Chicago1
Race Director

Originally Posted by redzone
Then why is it 1-2-1 vs the GT500 in lap times in the major mags?
The GT500 is faster around a road course already been proven facts are facts.

I believe the c5 was faster the a c4zr1 or equal, The C6 just as fast as a c5z(drivers race) or equal The C6 Ls3 faster then a c5z. SO I would assume that a c7 would be just as fast as a c6z if not very close.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:12 PM
Beach
Safety Car

Originally Posted by HZ3
Not even in the mood for a baseless argument.

I prefer proof considering there is none when you provide some from ANY reputable publication and I might not laugh. By the way do you own a 50k stock LS3 or a Grand Sport?
Unlike you I own a paid in full convertable C6 not a camaro! Go push that camaro crap on someone else

Get notified of new replies

To Do you think the Base C7 outperform the ZL1?

Old 09-02-2012, 08:30 PM
HZ3
Racer

Originally Posted by Beach
Unlike you I own a paid in full convertable C6 not a camaro! Go push that camaro crap on someone else
Cool Story Bro

Last edited by HZ3; 09-02-2012 at 09:03 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:48 PM
Cheesecake 07
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by meadowz06
To answer the topic-NO! The ZL1 will be faster.
Hope your wrong because the ZL1 is a dog. The GT500 hands it its *** in every category other than lap times...even then its a driver race.

Those of us that like performance(everyone on this forum admit it or not) pays a lot of money for a Corvette(for its ridculous performance and great looks). To get thrashed in nearly every performance category by a Mustang, top dog Mustang or not, would be a buzz kill for the new C7 IMO.

Im hoping the base C7 is nearing C6Z numbers. ZL1 numbers would be a huge disappointment.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:48 PM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

I could care less if the Camaro does the 1/4 mile in 10.5 & pulls a 1.5G and costs $100K it would still not be in the same class as a Corvette period!! I mean it's a nice car for what it is but get real dude!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you think the Base C7 outperform the ZL1?