Sponsored by:

Toured to BG Factory on 8/28

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Tyler_RN_EMT
Pro

Received 169 Likes on 88 Posts

Default Toured to BG Factory on 8/28

Took the tour yesterday 8/28. Still producing the c6 at a rate of about80/day. There was a small amount of construction equipment parked outside (I'm guessing awaiting c6 production to halt to start new on the c7). The east side of the building had large thick curtains hung hiding a small section of the plant for which i'm guessing hid some smaller C7 additions to the plant. No plywood anywhere as mentioned in other posts. Tour guide was very hush-hush on C7 while cracking a few jokes about it, but was a young kid that I feel could use a good education on this forum ; ) I honestly feel that he didn't have the first clue about any details on the C7. Outside the plant saw many crates sitting around (who knows if C7 production equipment was inside or not). In other words, place has no evidence what-so-ever of the new C7. I'm guessing there not even going to move C7 production equipment in untill the Factory closes to tours on Sept. 13th.

Tyler
Old 08-28-2012, 11:42 AM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,299 Likes on 1,972 Posts

No mention of the Stingray nameplate for the C7? My coworker friend took a tour there a few weeks ago and that was the only information he was given about the C7. Don't know how true it is, but that's what he was told. I wonder if it was the same or a different tour guide.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Tyler_RN_EMT
Pro

Received 169 Likes on 88 Posts

No mention of the Stingray Nameplate. I got the impression that the tour guides are hired stricktly for that job. They were all younger guys and girls whom I got the impression they didn't have much knowledge or experience with the assembly let alone the future plans of corvette. I felt they were just local kids who where taught what to say and where to say it on the assembly line.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:58 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by Tyler_RN_EMT
No mention of the Stingray Nameplate. I got the impression that the tour guides are hired stricktly for that job. They were all younger guys and girls whom I got the impression they didn't have much knowledge or experience with the assembly let alone the future plans of corvette. I felt they were just local kids who where taught what to say and where to say it on the assembly line.
I think many are summer hires and interns from WKU.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:55 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller
dat true. They don't the guides to know anymore then what is printed on the cheat sheet they give them. If the guides don't know what's going on, they can't accidently give out any info they were not supposed to.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:04 PM
Glenn Cauvin
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 26 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Tyler_RN_EMT
Took the tour yesterday 8/28. Still producing the c6 at a rate of about80/day. There was a small amount of construction equipment parked outside (I'm guessing awaiting c6 production to halt to start new on the c7). The east side of the building had large thick curtains hung hiding a small section of the plant for which i'm guessing hid some smaller C7 additions to the plant. No plywood anywhere as mentioned in other posts. Tour guide was very hush-hush on C7 while cracking a few jokes about it, but was a young kid that I feel could use a good education on this forum ; ) I honestly feel that he didn't have the first clue about any details on the C7. Outside the plant saw many crates sitting around (who knows if C7 production equipment was inside or not). In other words, place has no evidence what-so-ever of the new C7. I'm guessing there not even going to move C7 production equipment in untill the Factory closes to tours on Sept. 13th.

Tyler
I was at the factory on the 21/22 of last week. Not the same tour. Five stops and the guides know very little about the corvette. I did find out that the all tops are not painted at the factory. I am having an issue with my paint. They are making a lot of 427. I saw only one ZR 1 AND 2 z06's. The chrome tail pipes for 2013 are different than the 2012. They are more polish. Outside of that the car for 2013 is about the same for 2012. This does not include the 60th Anniversary package. The GM guys were very helpfull about my paint issue. The end result was the dealer in my home town is giving me a new painted hardtop.

That's about it. I agreed with the above comments.: salute:
Old 08-31-2012, 04:52 PM
bluman
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckyThreadkiller

Yes they are !

Get notified of new replies

To Toured to BG Factory on 8/28

Quick Reply: Toured to BG Factory on 8/28