Sponsored by:

Cadillac interior in a C7?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:44 PM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Cadillac interior in a C7?

Who thinks there will be a Cadillac interior in the c7?
Old 08-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

I think there should be, but GM will pull up short, because old habits die hard.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:37 AM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by forg0tmypen
Who thinks there will be a Cadillac interior in the c7?
It will be better, it's a more expensive car. Besides Cadillac didn't have an impressive interior until it introduced the XTS and also the CUE.

Why just use Cadillac as a benchmark? There are other cars in the world as well you can use such Jag, Audi, etc.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:02 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

They have already indicated that it will be Audi like in design integration and build quality. Since they've used Draxlmaier on their top specification they most likely will use them again. By just upgrading the material specification to better leathers and higher grade fabrics, carpets,etc. they should match most high end sports cars. Cadillac is already on equal terms with the Germans on their interiors so Corvette should be able to at least match Caddy. Remember, Draxlmaier does most of the high end cars today.

Last edited by skank; 08-31-2012 at 01:09 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:18 AM
SCM_Crash
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx
I think there should be, but GM will pull up short, because old habits die hard.
GM's made it a point to ensure the C7 has a "world class" interior. I'm sure they will not disappoint.

Originally Posted by shawnvettefan
It will be better, it's a more expensive car. Besides Cadillac didn't have an impressive interior until it introduced the XTS and also the CUE.

Why just use Cadillac as a benchmark? There are other cars in the world as well you can use such Jag, Audi, etc.
2007+ CTS had a nice interior, IMO.

I'm not at all impressed by Audi interior.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:30 AM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

The is hearsay but I was told it is off the charts ...
Old 08-31-2012, 09:00 AM
HZ3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right now I don't even think the interior is all that bad. The leather is fine in fact they offer colored stitching options to customize your interior which most companies don't.

It needs serious improvements considering all the hype they are purveying though.

I would like to see them focus more on the HUD and speedometer I believe those are the cheapest features in the Corvette right now and just the overall paneling. They should at least have something that is superior to My Link but considering that's being put in a 60k ZL1 I wouldn't hold my breathe. I would like a full LCD HUD and the reflective speedometer on the dash seen in the newer Camaros and Corvettes. I am going to pretty much tell my family to STFU every Holiday who work for GM if that company has the nerve to brag over a My Link Interior in the C7 after all this smoke blowing.

Obviously a big thing will be the same color stitching customization options. If that doesn't make it in I will be let down.

IF they hybridize the improvements over small increments by throwing in a glorified CTSV interior with less straight line performance and at best equal track performance as a ZL1 Camaro I will be let down. This is the platform that should be built on for 5+ years. Just like the interior now is dated for the Corvette the interior than wasn't so bad in my eyes. I would hope they don't do whats good enough for next year but add something that won't be obsolete and retro by 3
Old 08-31-2012, 10:11 AM
BlueOx
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Having just sat in both the XTS and ATS recently, I hope it is at least that good and the seats need to be better or it will be the same old saw by all the critics. It also needs it's own steering wheel.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Jinx
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 207 Posts

It would be a mistake to give Corvette the same infotainment technology as has already been seen in other Chevrolets.

Corvette's instruments and center console need to be every bit as sophisticated as Cadillac's best. No, not for every existing Corvette owner, but for everyone GM wishes they had as a buyer.

Chevy-grade interior doesn't cut it; C6 criticisms should have made that abundantly clear.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:47 PM
JockItch
Safety Car

Received 5,299 Likes on 1,972 Posts

Originally Posted by Jinx
It would be a mistake to give Corvette the same infotainment technology as has already been seen in other Chevrolets.

Corvette's instruments and center console need to be every bit as sophisticated as Cadillac's best. No, not for every existing Corvette owner, but for everyone GM wishes they had as a buyer.

Chevy-grade interior doesn't cut it; C6 criticisms should have made that abundantly clear.

Get notified of new replies

To Cadillac interior in a C7?

Quick Reply: Cadillac interior in a C7?