Sponsored by:

My Wishes for the C7

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 05:59 PM
Brady Kohuth
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Wishes for the C7

I really think many people are way off in their thoughts as to how the C7 will look,but I don't believe they will be so radical,that people will be turned off.

I for one would like to see the weight reduced to no more than 2800 lbs.The benefits would be noted throughout. The handling,braking,less weight=more hp and for those that take long trips,better mpg. The rear hatch window could be made smaller(narrower).

I would like the fob improved.

I would like the seats to give more lateral support.

Better sound insulation and heat reduction(console).

It would also be nice to order options w/o having to buy at a certain level to obtain it,such as 1LT,2LT etc.

These are my wishes and thoughts.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:10 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

I was very surprised at the over 3,000 pound weight of the Lotus Evora. I just doubt they will get the C7 under the weight of an Evora
Old 08-31-2012, 09:17 PM
Beach
Safety Car

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

First I want to see a GREAT looking car, performance to match the look and exceed the competition. Ala carte options, naturally an improved interior. I also want this car to do what the Z06 did, make the europeans catch up!
Old 08-31-2012, 10:09 PM
CarBoy
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Brady Kohuth
I really think many people are way off in their thoughts as to how the C7 will look,but I don't believe they will be so radical,that people will be turned off.

I for one would like to see the weight reduced to no more than 2800 lbs.The benefits would be noted throughout. The handling,braking,less weight=more hp and for those that take long trips,better mpg. The rear hatch window could be made smaller(narrower).

It would also be nice to order options w/o having to buy at a certain level to obtain it,such as 1LT,2LT etc.

Let me see if I understand you correctly.

You want a heavier seat, more weight adding sound and heat insulation, and then take 400lbs off the car after adding 150lbs to it in the 1st place?
Do I have that about right?
Cause I didn't know that fairies and gnomes would be the one's building the car......

So if this car is being built in never never land.....then I want them to do away with the mechanical clutch......and in it's place I would like a magnetic particle clutch. So I can launch it as hard as I want, slip it at high reves all day long, and it will never wear out. It will even easily handle the extra 500hp that I'll be adding in modifications to the already fully forged motor that awaits my genius

Now this can be done very easily.
There "base car" is already fully optioned out at $75k you then delete things you don't want to lower the price for what you're willing to pay......you know just backwards of the way it's done now.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:19 PM
sajonf
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would love the following.. and it's not too much to ask!

Updated exterior design - cutting edge gorgeous looks
Current chassis with refinements
Current LS3 with direct injection
Updated interior similar to Cadillac standards w/ CUE
Dual clutch transmission

This would be minimal cost to GM and make me put my deposit down yesterday
Old 09-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Brady Kohuth
Instructor

Originally Posted by CarBoy
Let me see if I understand you correctly.

You want a heavier seat, more weight adding sound and heat insulation, and then take 400lbs off the car after adding 150lbs to it in the 1st place?
Do I have that about right?
Cause I didn't know that fairies and gnomes would be the one's building the car......

So if this car is being built in never never land.....then I want them to do away with the mechanical clutch......and in it's place I would like a magnetic particle clutch. So I can launch it as hard as I want, slip it at high reves all day long, and it will never wear out. It will even easily handle the extra 500hp that I'll be adding in modifications to the already fully forged motor that awaits my genius

I believe you can get more lateral support without increasing weight. Insulation doesn't weigh anything. Keep your unintelligent comments to yourself as it doesn't reflect highly of you.

Now this can be done very easily.
There "base car" is already fully optioned out at $75k you then delete things you don't want to lower the price for what you're willing to pay......you know just backwards of the way it's done now.
Further,didn't know you could delete from packages,but in the future,I'll relay this to the salesman.
Old 09-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Garrett W
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My wish is for it not to be ugly like every concept so far, and not weak and economical...
Old 09-01-2012, 10:15 PM
shawnvettefan
Instructor

Where did you get 2800 lbs from??? Besides the Corvette is pretty light already. It will never get that low, I'd be happy if it's 100 lbs. lighter.

What I wish is, not in any particular order:

1. Far superior interior
2. DCT
3. Seductive styling
4. Better dealer service & experience
5. 4/48 warranty
6. 475 HP+/460 TQ+
7. Creak free
8. quiter cabin
9. Better steering
10. Better tires and launch system
11. Make improvements and evolve the car faster (do not let it get stale). Not like they did in the past like wait till the last year to slightly improve the seats or still have an outdated Nav. system or lag on putting LED's. I bet had they spent a little engineering cost and put LED's on the car say starting in 2010 the sales #'s would have been higher just for that reason. Everyone else was updating their cars so not fall behind but GM doesn't do that and that is one of the reasons they fell behind in the first place. But I think the new GM has woken up and finally gets it.

None of the above is too much to ask for and should be a given in this day & age. They can increase the price if needed but GM should not short change the Corvette anymore.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:18 PM
swedenc6
5th Gear

1. Better quality
2. 4th, 5th and 6th gear ratios that improve acceleration, not MPG.
3. Offer an option with minimum trim level without "luxury" stuff like heavy leather power seats, radio, gps, noise insulation, etc.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:31 PM
JustinStrife
Team Owner

Received 96 Likes on 66 Posts

2800 lbs is S2000 territory. Sorry, not going to happen anytime soon.

Old 09-02-2012, 05:54 PM
John T
Melting Slicks

Received 267 Likes on 145 Posts

The Lotus Evora is 3000 lbs. It must be very, very hard to go lighter for the street.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:02 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by John T
The Lotus Evora is 3000 lbs. It must be very, very hard to go lighter for the street.
Not really, if you move the class of car down to S2000 and Miata territory. However, that is NOT Corvette territory. 3,200 and change is fine in my opinion.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:06 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by swedenc6
1. Better quality
2. 4th, 5th and 6th gear ratios that improve acceleration, not MPG.
3. Offer an option with minimum trim level without "luxury" stuff like heavy leather power seats, radio, gps, noise insulation, etc.
Well, request 1. does not mix well with request 3.

They offered 3. in 1999 and 2000 with the FRC, which evolved into the Z06. If you want a stripped Z06, ain't gonna happen. That would be attractive to a very limited audience and not worth producing.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:24 PM
swedenc6
5th Gear

Originally Posted by jackhall99
Well, request 1. does not mix well with request 3.
Why not? Heard of the GT3 RS?
Old 09-02-2012, 07:05 PM
jackhall99
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by swedenc6
Why not? Heard of the GT3 RS?
Yes, I know the GT3 RS. And yes, quality and devoid of amenities CAN coexist. I took quality in a different context. My bad.

There were 518 Z06s built in 2010 and 904 Z06s built in 2011, and a bulk of those are happily driven on the street. f you believe GM is going to gut a car like the Z06 and offer it as a separate model to sell 100 or so annually (a guess on my part - 200 maybe), think again.

Your post was your wish. I understand that. The business factors to support a decision to build such a specialty car in these times is flimsy in a corporation the size of GM. A niche manufacturer like Porsche can offer those types of specialty cars.

Last edited by jackhall99; 09-02-2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Racer X
Le Mans Master

Received 4,375 Likes on 2,066 Posts

Yes, I know the GT3 RS. And yes, quality and devoid of amenities CAN coexist. I took quality in a different context. My bad.

There were 518 Z06s built in 2010 and 904 Z06s built in 2011, and a bulk of those are happily driven on the street. f you believe GM is going to gut a car like the Z06 and offer it as a separate model to sell 100 or so annually (a guess on my part - 200 maybe), think again.

Your post was your wish. I understand that. The business factors to support a decision to build such a specialty car in these times is flimsy in a corporation the size of GM. A niche manufacturer like Porsche can offer those types of specialty cars.
GM can do it like Porsche does. They charge you more for the stripped down model. So more $ for less stuff.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:51 AM
swedenc6
5th Gear

I agree 100%. I don't think they will do that, simply because of economic reasons, unfortunately.

Get notified of new replies

To My Wishes for the C7

Old 09-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Bradl1982
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Brady Kohuth

Elaborate on "fob improved". The keyfob was one of my favorite features of the C6.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:31 AM
John_R
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JustinStrife
2800 lbs is S2000 territory. Sorry, not going to happen anytime soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TcUshkJEkI

An S2000 with an a LS3 engine.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Easy...

500hp
Upgraded interior
and put the power to the ground more effectively (i.e. more grip off the line / less wheel spin)

If the C6 ZR1 was able to put power to the ground more effectively, performance wise, it would be second only to the Bugatti

Last edited by Paulchristian; 09-03-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Quick Reply: My Wishes for the C7